rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Sunday 29th October v Leicester Tigers at Kingston Park, 3.00pm

Saturday 4th November v Wasps at Ricoh Arena, 3.00pm (Anglo Welsh)

Last result: Bordeaux Begles 20-21 Newcastle Falcons

A Team tonight
25 September, 2017 12:17
Newcastle Falcons Development Team

15 Cameron Cowell

14 Zach Kibirige

13 Belisario Agulla

12 Charlie Wilson

11 Sinoti Sinoti

10 Brett Connon

9 Ruaridh Dawson

1 Sami Mavinga

2 Ben Sowrey

3 Jake Ilnicki

4 Tevita Cavubati

5 Evan Olmstead

6 Harrison Orr

7 Gary Graham

8 Ryan Burrows (captain)

Replacements

16 Jamie Blamire

17 Adam Brocklebank

18 Diogo Ferreira

19 Glen Young

20 Nick Civetta

21 Adam Radwan

22 Joel Matavesi

23 Simon Uzokwe

Now the above shows we have great strength in depth with more to come back from niggles!?

hope its dry!

Re: A Team tonight
Monkey1 (IP Logged)
25 September, 2017 12:34
That is a strong team, seems more about keeping more senior players fresh than usual, but sill enough of the more junior players to gain experience.

I will get to see this one so looking forward to seeing the likes of Zack & Radwan mixed in with a strong team.

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
25 September, 2017 12:42
Big things expected by Jersey of Gary Graham. Looking forward to hearing about how he plays in his first 15 a-side game.

The locks on the bench goes to show the strength and depth we possess.

alas (IP Logged)
25 September, 2017 12:56
Strong looking team. Hope the weather clears up and the wingers get plenty of ball.

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
25 September, 2017 13:32
I like the fact we have strength in depth in certain positions. smiling smiley

25 September, 2017 19:25
Almost half-time now. Falcons leading 7-0 but it's been a bit on the turgid side in all honesty. Both teams spending ages with the ball and not really getting anywhere.

Falcons try came from Charlie Wilson cutting inbetween the Sale defense after a lineout in the Sale 5m line.

25 September, 2017 19:31
TRY FALCONS-Agulla went over and Connon added the extras. 14-0

nursepete (IP Logged)
25 September, 2017 19:46
Game is being streamed on you tube by Sale
Link is on Sales twitter feed

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
25 September, 2017 20:28
I could only stay for the first half & it didn't have the zip you normally expect from these games, which is what you get I suppose if you have more senior players. More structure than usual so less madness but entertaining all the same.

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
25 September, 2017 20:41
5 try win without conceding any points, no complaints.

Surprised Sinoti stayed on all game, thought he would be taken off during the second half in view of Irish.

Osric (IP Logged)
25 September, 2017 21:09
Yup. Nothing too spectacular but good to see some key players such as Burriws, Graham et al have a run out.

25 September, 2017 21:54
well it was a good solid win and not conceding any points is always a big plus. Highlight for me was Radwans finish from a deft cross field chip. a great diving catch and grounding
Uzokwe took some stopping with the ball in hand i think at one point he had 4 defenders hanging on to him. i hope he pushes on in the next couple of years hes one to watch.

one a side note i thought it was great to see the Sale replacement 9 on the pitch. he could not have been more than 5 foot 6 and 18 years old great to see the wee guys still get a chance in this modern land of giants. he looked nippy too.

Roll on Friday!!!

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
26 September, 2017 07:05
I thought the Sale starting 9 looked pretty nippy. All over the place & getting things zipping along, just what you want from the 9 shirt.

Robs (IP Logged)
26 September, 2017 19:42
Quote:
Doddie's tartan trews
one a side note i thought it was great to see the Sale replacement 9 on the pitch. he could not have been more than 5 foot 6 and 18 years old
!!![/quote

The replacement 9 would have come on sooner but he had to finish his homework

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net