rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Saturday 18th November v Wasps at Ricoh Arena, 5.15pm

Friday 24th November v Gloucester at Kingston Park, 7.45pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 57-0 Cardiff Blues

Leading Arm
Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 18:31
This weekend Juan Pablo Socino rightly received a yellow card for a leading arm. It was completely accidental but he made dangerous contact with Exeter player
My issue is with a lack of consistency from the referee.
Having just watched the highlights from this weekend, I have just seen Faosilva from Wuss knock out Tapuai from Bath after catching him with an elbow whilst fending off a tackle similar to Juan.
Last week Nathan Hughes was penalised for a leading arm with a penalty but did not receive a yellow card and Faosilva received a straight red if I remember rightly last season.
In the days of TMO, there should be a greater amount of consistency in the game

Re: Leading Arm
Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 21:53
The ref was new and completely swayed by the crowd yesterday . I'm sure it was a learning curve for him and wish him well. We were badly done to but equally made enough little mistakes to be on the back foot. Sadly there continues to be favouritism towards the big clubs and we are. It's quite part of that club

Osric (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 21:57
This ref, who I think we might have had once before this season, is a work in progress. The more successful we are, the luckier we'll get with refs.

alas (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 05:45
The ref was correct with the Socino yellow card. Sometimes the tackler gets caught with the elbow because he gets himself in the wrong position, but in Socino's case he brought his arm up going into the tackle.

Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 06:49
I would have been disappointed if it had been the other way round and an Exeter player hadn't seen a card. He lifted his elbow into the tackle - I don't think it was malicious but definitely worth a card

aidanb (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 06:50
Quote:
alas
The ref was correct with the Socino yellow card. Sometimes the tackler gets caught with the elbow because he gets himself in the wrong position, but in Socino's case he brought his arm up going into the tackle.

Having watched the highlights and seen it a couple of times I agree with you.

On another day red may have been chosen but I hunk JPS got yellow because it didnít look nasty.

alnwickfalcon (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 12:04
I watched the extended highlights and I thought the referee on Saturday missed a lot. Exeter were constantly offside in the defensive line and at kick off. We did the same in the end when it was worked out that the officials were not enforcing the offside line.

I still have no idea why the JPS potential try in the first few minutes was not reviewed by the TMO?

From the scrum that lead to Sam Simmonds try watch the scrum and the highlights again you can hear Takulua screaming at the officials as the ball pops out and the back row forward pushes it back in to the 8 channel.

A poor overall game from the officiating team. He missed a lot a from both sides.

09 October, 2017 12:23
Was the JPS try that was ruled out shown on the highlights? I was looking for it but didn't see it? I saw the handling in the scrum that the touchie missed.

alnwickfalcon (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 12:54
Bedlington Lad if you go on Premiership Rugby website and go to extended highlights or full match which should be available today. Its on there to be fair I've seen them given and turned down.

The Will Welsh try was questionable too was Davison in front of welsh? Did he actually ground the ball, I saw it grounded on an Exeter players foot?

Overall a poor performance that affected both sides.

09 October, 2017 14:34
Cheers - I'm sure for the Will Welsh try the ball slipped off the foot and onto the ground

Brave new world (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 16:15
Jack Nowell got an elbow in the eye which he had to have a scan on, but it was completely accidental from where I was sat. Ref missed a bit but all you can ask is that they are not biased and he wasn't. JPS's looked like a try but for the push over try the prop was in front of the ball carrier in my opinion although the ref and Tmo didn't think so.

Your team was really good, I was nervous the whole match. You guys are the real deal this season. Best of luck on a top 4 place.

10 October, 2017 07:06
Thanks BNW hope Nowell's eye isn't too serious - he's a top player

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net