rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Friday 15th December v Dragons at Rodney Parade, 7.30pm

Saturday 23rd December v Harlequins at Kingston Park, 3.00pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 52-24 Bordeaux-Begles

Mickey Young
Kingkiko2 (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 19:49
Does anyone know what is happening with Mickey Young? No one ever mentions him!

Re: Mickey Young
aidanb (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 19:51
He's practicing his box kicks as we type

And long may he practice them whilst the others crack on and play rugby

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 21:49
Sadly with takulua playing as he is , he doesn't have alool in and sadly I'm not missing his aimless box kicking. Whenever we have ball in hand we are a threat. Whenever he kicked we were on the back foot. I wish him well and hope that 'Michael Young' is Sharimg his experience with the up and coming scrum halves.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 22:04
Youngy has been rehabbing and is very close to full fitness. He trained on Friday.

Kingkiko2 (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 06:10
Cheers Mark, appreciate what others say on here but maybe a little harsh. Extra competition has to be a good thing surely. On side note what happened to the big irish TH. we had?

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 06:18
Deano once said of MY that he is a very good scrum half and does exactly what he is told to do and sticks to the game plan. If you accuse him of pointless box kicking you may wish to bear that in mind.

aidanb (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 06:46
Quote:
Monkey1
Deano once said of MY that he is a very good scrum half and does exactly what he is told to do and sticks to the game plan. If you accuse him of pointless box kicking you may wish to bear that in mind.

In a club forum I asked if he could hear the groans of the crowd when a certain player box kicked to death. His answer was a bit of a panacea to me but indicated that box kicking was also seen as a dull tactic by themselves. (It still may have been policy but it was dull)

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 06:58
All fine gents but point remains , Takulua or Young?who would you play. And absolutely accept that kicking may bevteqm orders but I was under the impression that the point of a Box kick is to chase and attack , not to boot it to the opposition and then hope they don't score a try

markismith50 (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 07:01
Kiko, his contract expired. He is no longer with us.

Leipziger (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 07:16
Quote:
Rafpilot2000
All fine gents but point remains , Takulua or Young?who would you play. And absolutely accept that kicking may bevteqm orders but I was under the impression that the point of a Box kick is to chase and attack , not to boot it to the opposition and then hope they don't score a try

If the rest of the team are in position but nobody can be bothered to chase the kick, then it's not the scrum-half's fault, yet like in a lineout the hooker gets all the blame when it goes wrong, so the box-kicker gets the blame if nobody decides to chase it.

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 08:00
Would have Takulua over Young no question. smiling smiley

falconbear (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 08:17
I think Micky Young might be getting some of the ‘Micky Delany’ treatment! Tactics have changed since he last played. Please give the lad a break. He’s a Falcon.

Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 08:45
Quote:
falconbear
I think Micky Young might be getting some of the ‘Micky Delany’ treatment! Tactics have changed since he last played. Please give the lad a break. He’s a Falcon.
I agree

GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 09:46
I agree...I've moaned every kick that Young has lofted, but maybe with a different style he will show up well.

However his biggest issue is that Takulua is way ahead, aswell as a classy kicker...and also that Sam Stuart has looked pretty good when he's played.

Kingkiko2 (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 10:20
It’s good that those two are ahead though and also the young lad is doing well. Brings in competition, and if we have that sort of depth then the A team start/keep winning too! Same for TH. I know we’ve been a bit weak up top but sooner rather then later we will have Wilson x2 Ilnicki (or little Nicky as I call him), Welsh & Davison plus any dual registered or academy players! In fact most of the positions have competition, a good place to be, and a big reason why I think we will do well during 6 nations.

GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 12:48
IF both Wilsons come back....Davy isn't young and has played a lot of rugby in a hugely demanding physical position.

Whilst Scotty, has barely had a decent run since he came on the scene due to injuries.
Nothing would please me more to see them back fully fit and smashing scrums (especially Scotty) but im really concerned that this is not going to happen.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net