rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Saturday 18th November v Wasps at Ricoh Arena, 5.15pm

Friday 24th November v Gloucester at Kingston Park, 7.45pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 57-0 Cardiff Blues

JP Socino
Wensleydale Falcon (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 13:14
Has been cited and is charged with striking contrary to law 10.4(a)

His hearing will take place on 11th Oct.

Re: JP Socino
Trebor1892 (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 13:21
A slap on the wrist in a similar way to Hughes last week one would suspect? Can’t imagine he was going to be playing much in the next few weeks anyway mind you.

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 13:38
Do you know if Faosilva from Wuss has been cited?

09 October, 2017 13:47
Just Burns from Bath and JP from what i have seen.

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 13:48
I sincerely hope that this does not effect his availability against Leicester. His action was accidental and did not cause an injury. His punishment during the game should be enough.

telfs123 (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 15:22
You’d like to believe it would just be “yellow wasn’t enough” But you can never predict disciplinary hearings, especially with us.
I still remember when Hudson got 4 weeks for something even the other team said was an accident.

Falcons_Thunder (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 11:26
Two weeks suspension he'll be available for the leciester game

12 October, 2017 11:38
Even though he's not been included for the Challenge Cup, the suspension is quite frankly ridiculous.

12 October, 2017 12:56
So, having watched the match the other day, how was the Exeter prop Williams not cited for a forearm smash to the head of Welsh when he was lying on the ground?

12 October, 2017 14:27
Agree regarding Williams (it was a cheap shot) and i think that Will Welch has words with Sir about it.

12 October, 2017 18:13
47 minutes exactly if anyone cares. Ref reckoned he saw it and saw exactly where the shoulder / forearm landed.

Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 08:03
The problem people on here have is that they are logical and sensible - this is the RFU disciplinary committee you're talking about - the rugby equivalent of the Mad Hatter's Tea Party IMHO - don't expect anything logical or sensible

Kingston Parker (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 15:28
What happened if hearing was on Wednesday?

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 16:39
Bris here. Saw the game, I'm not convinced it was intentional either. Penalty and nothing more IMO, if that's been called up no idea how the Exe prop hasn't been as the intent was there to boot.

One thing I noticed about JP is that he doesn't seem to talk to team mates as much as he used to. What's going on there or just a bad day at the office for Falcons?

AndyPenman (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 17:20
Quote:
Kingston Parker
What happened if hearing was on Wednesday?

2 gamne ban so available after the Euro fortnight if my quick fixture calendar is correct.

Mind you I thought he wasn't in the euro squad so strange ban ( I wont get into inconsistent standards from the beaks)

markismith50 (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 17:23
We were going to add him to the Euro squad

13 October, 2017 18:15
That makes sense. Can we add him into the squad after these 2 games?

markismith50 (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 18:32
Yes, but each club only has a limited number of changes

sour (IP Logged)
19 October, 2017 17:32
Quote:
markismith50
We were going to add him to the Euro squad
Now far be it from me to suggest that this was a cynical ploy, but I have to admire the convenient timing.

Well played.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net