rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Saturday 21st October v Bordeaux-Begles at Stade Chaban-Delmas, 5.30pm (UK time)

Sunday 29th October v Leicester Tigers at Kingston Park, 3.00pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 32-27 Dragons

Support the ground developments
Monkey1 (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 13:53
I finally managed to get round to looking at the planning application for the developments at Kingston Park, including the North Stand which is way beyond what I was expecting, and new superior pitches. If you haven't seen it yet then a quick look at the views of the North Stand will give you an idea of the quality of this project:

N Stand 3D1

N Stand 3D2

What is driving the developments is increased use of the stadium, a lot of it involving local community sports, hence the additional pitches & changing rooms being required. It will be a great facility for not just the city, but our region, and I think it deserves our support.

If you agree then do please have a look at the plans, which are buried amongst a load of tree surveys & other factors but they are there, and you can then submit your comments by logging in to the City Council site. Go to the Comments tab & register there.

Application details.

I will be making a supporting comment along the lines that it is good for the city & the region, and having been a supporter for many years I now appreciate how much good work the club does for community sports, and I can see how these developments will allow even more good use to be made of the stadium. Anything that encourages large numbers of young people to get involved in healthy sports has to be worth supporting.

The more positive comments that are received the better, it shows that people care, so if you do care please find a minute to register on the planning site & just say a few words about why you think the improvements will be a good thing for the people of the North East.

Re: Support the ground developments
Cantabrian (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 14:23
Thanks for the suggestion Monkey. I'll add my supporting comment. The whole development is superb for the NE and it seems like everywhere you look at the club there are good things happening. What happy days after years of struggle!

pa8 (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 14:34
North Stand (Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)
North Stand (Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)

Osric (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 17:47
Looks great. Do the plans increase capacity or just replace standing with seating? All the other stuff looks good - car parking, facilities etc

As a North Standee, I guess I'll need to find a new home as I like standing. Any room in the South?

Timeshock! (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 18:13
Quote:
Osric
Looks great. Do the plans increase capacity or just replace standing with seating? All the other stuff looks good - car parking, facilities etc
As a North Standee, I guess I'll need to find a new home as I like standing. Any room in the South?

North Terrace as is, with everything built around it adding an additional 1530 seats above and behind where you currently stand

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 19:38
The existing North Stand terracing stays, so you can even still stand in your favourite spot. You get a roof & side screens to keep the weather out, a new Fanzone between you & the clubhouse, and the only thing you will miss is the amazing sunsets we sometimes get, oh and watching the planes landing & taking off at the airport.

The car park gets improved, and on t'other side of the West Stand will be two excellent new pitches. There is a lot more to it than just the North Stand.

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 20:42
The developments look excellent and will give us a really top notch venue. The fact it will benefit community projects to is just good news all around. If there were question marks over the American game, I think we can say it was worth it

alnwickfalcon (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 20:44
The plans look great. I will have to relocate myself either to the North Stand (Standing) or if my son wants to and the price for season tickets are right then seating in the new North Stand. I will miss my wall on the East Terrace, me and 20 others have enjoyed that spot for 8 seasons nowz It will be a shame when itís knocked down for a fan zone but this needs to happen and itís another step to progress.

Osric (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 21:02
Great stuff. No more getting soaked!

aidanb (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 22:36
Quote:
Osric

Expect a price rise cos your roof and wind panels will mean you are at the same level of services as the south stand.

But I see that as a good thing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net