rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Friday 24th November v Gloucester at Kingston Park, 7.45pm

Friday 1st December v Northampton Saints at Franklin's Gardens, 7.45pm

Last result: Wasps 40-10 Newcastle Falcons

Academy props
AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
16 October, 2017 16:01
One area I am slightly still worried about is the scrum and I know I am not the only one who thinks this, I am looking forward to Lockwood coming back and Scott Wilson hopefully can stay injury free as I think he is a quality forward. But for a good couple of seasons now or more and I have said on here before where are our academy props?, a part from Brocklbank we haven't got anybody else coming through in that position and I am surprised we haven't especially with the coaches we have. smiling smiley

Re: Academy props
GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
17 October, 2017 08:03
Well Trevor Davison has come through well this season.

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
17 October, 2017 10:06
Yeah good point there I wonder if Brocklebank will make it, maybe a starting prop for us in years to come who knows. smiling smiley

lizard118 (IP Logged)
17 October, 2017 11:02
Trevor is currently in the first team at the minute because we're in a desperate situation on the propping front. I'm sure he'd be the first to admit that he's had a baptism of fire, since he's been shoved back on a few occasions. Our best fit prop scrum-wise is Welsh, but he's now playing too much rugby already, and getting mullered as a result.

My wish is to see Lockwood and Scott Wilson free of injuries. As on current evidence we have the weakest scrum in the AP, imo, and most teams are beginning to notice this.
Moving forward, we need someone to start canvassing farms to find the next prop star.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
17 October, 2017 11:11
The lad who delivers our coal is from Haltwhistle & is the double of Kieran Brookes. Maybe worth a sniff up in the hills?

aidanb (IP Logged)
17 October, 2017 11:29
Quote:
Monkey1
The lad who delivers our coal is from Haltwhistle & is the double of Kieran Brookes. Maybe worth a sniff up in the hills?

People still get coal delivered and have the internet?

Wow

markismith50 (IP Logged)
17 October, 2017 11:34
Maybe it's to power his firewall!

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
17 October, 2017 13:40
Unfortunately the delivery of the coal is quicker & more reliable than the delivery of the internet, but the views from up here are worth it.

A bit blowy up here today.
(Sm105)

GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
17 October, 2017 14:01
Trevor has indeed had a baptism of fire, but hopefully that will stand him in good stead when we finally get a full stable of working props.

Whats the crack with Lockwood? He's supposed to be back this month.

I also would assume there's plenty of young props down through the age groups. Dean has the academy working very well now.

Benpj17 (IP Logged)
17 October, 2017 14:37
Quote:
GeordieFalcon
Well Trevor Davison has come through well this season.
Didnít think Trevor was in the academy

dick g (IP Logged)
18 October, 2017 06:43
Quote:
lizard118
Trevor is currently in the first team at the minute because we're in a desperate situation on the propping front. I'm sure he'd be the first to admit that he's had a baptism of fire, since he's been shoved back on a few occasions. Our best fit prop scrum-wise is Welsh, but he's now playing too much rugby already, and getting mullered as a result.
My wish is to see Lockwood and Scott Wilson free of injuries. As on current evidence we have the weakest scrum in the AP, imo, and most teams are beginning to notice this.
Moving forward, we need someone to start canvassing farms to find the next prop star.

We could start a new TV talent show, Prop Idol.

pityacker (IP Logged)
18 October, 2017 10:25
I really hope Davey Wilson has his mojo back when he returns from another injury as he hasnít been the Davey of old since he returned to KP and looked a broken man when he was substituted at Leicester late last season. Once a top international he seems to have spent most of his time on the treatment table in recent seasons.

steve1888 (IP Logged)
18 October, 2017 11:39
Someone already done Prop Idol, Sarries I think

markismith50 (IP Logged)
18 October, 2017 11:47
Stricltly Come Scrummaging?

Britain's Got Tight-Heads?

Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
18 October, 2017 15:10
Quote:
markismith50
Stricltly Come Scrummaging?
Britain's Got Tight-Heads?
Must be a slow news day ! (Sm163)

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
18 October, 2017 17:55
The Great British Ruck Off?

Yorksfalcon (IP Logged)
18 October, 2017 20:19
The chelsea (cauli)flower show?

......i'll get my coat

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
18 October, 2017 20:43
Master Prop.

alas (IP Logged)
19 October, 2017 07:31
Survivor.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net