rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Saturday 18th November v Wasps at Ricoh Arena, 5.15pm

Friday 24th November v Gloucester at Kingston Park, 7.45pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 57-0 Cardiff Blues

Team News for Saturday - Bordeaux-Begles v Falcons
Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
20 October, 2017 11:01
[www.newcastlefalcons.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/10/2017 11:11 by aidanb.

Re: Team News for Saturday
aidanb (IP Logged)
20 October, 2017 11:11
Newcastle Falcons team to face Bordeaux-Begles (Saturday, 6.30pm French time, 5.30pm UK time, Stade Chaban-Delmas)

15 Alex Tait

14 Chris Harris

13 Maxime Mermoz

12 Josh Matavesi

11 Adam Radwan

10 Toby Flood

9 Sam Stuart

1 Rob Vickers

2 Scott Lawson

3 Jon Welsh

4 Calum Green

5 Sean Robinson

6 Will Welch (captain)

7 Gary Graham

8 Ryan Burrows

Replacements

16 Ben Sowrey

17 Sami Mavinga

18 Scott Wilson

19 Glen Young

20 Mark Wilson

21 Michael Young

22 Cameron Cowell

23 Craig Willis

Referee: Frank Murphy (Ireland)

Re: Team News for Saturday - Bordeaux-Begles v Falcons
GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
20 October, 2017 11:34
That's a strong lineup!

I honestly think that's our 1 and 2 FH's now at 10 and 23.

It'll be interesting to see if Gary Graham can continue from where he left off last week....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/10/2017 11:34 by GeordieFalcon.

falconbear (IP Logged)
20 October, 2017 12:01
Great to see Michael Young back. Interested to see how the back row get on. Hope Flood looks more at home at 10. It didnít look like he enjoyed playing second fiddle to Hodgson last week.

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
20 October, 2017 12:09
Strong looking lineup there, it's going to be a tough one like most French teams they have a huge pack. smiling smiley

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
20 October, 2017 12:53
Blimey! I wasn't expecting that. Looks like we are taking this competition seriously. I assume the younger lads will get their boots dirty in the AW cup. It would certainly be good to see us compete in this cup without endangering our Premiership form. If the injury gods are kind to us me might just manage it.

aidanb (IP Logged)
20 October, 2017 12:54
I hope Michael Young puts his running boots on when he gets on.

Hit the edges and get in behind them.

alas (IP Logged)
20 October, 2017 12:54
Decent looking team, but it will be tough to get anything out of the game. Not sure Michael Young fits with the game the Falcons are now trying to play. It needs a scrum-half with a quick pass.

lizard118 (IP Logged)
20 October, 2017 13:31
Been impressed with Stuart though and happy with him as second to Takalua. Nice to have strength in depth at scrum half too.
And that's a strong looking team. Onwards and upwards.

concolor (IP Logged)
20 October, 2017 13:35
Itíll be a tough afternoon. Will need to come out the blocks fast. Bordeaux are having a good start to the season and have been racking up a fair few points. If the boys perform itíll be an entertaining game.

dick g (IP Logged)
20 October, 2017 14:49
Good to see Noah at FH. Need someone in control who has experience of playing against French sides. I am in France, but at opposite end of country. Will listen online I hope.

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
20 October, 2017 20:29
That 10, 12, 13 looks quality

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
20 October, 2017 20:56
Strong side.

Exiled Falcon (IP Logged)
20 October, 2017 22:51
Genuinely great that at last a cup game is taken seriously. Very powerful looking line up, let's see how they get on.

As an older stager (not that old, but you get the gist!) I've seen the huge benefits a cup run can bring, here's hoping this season will see such a run.

Really excited about this comp.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net