rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Friday 24th November v Gloucester at Kingston Park, 7.45pm

Friday 1st December v Northampton Saints at Franklin's Gardens, 7.45pm

Last result: Wasps 40-10 Newcastle Falcons

Matchday music
dick g (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 07:34
A small idea for a piece of music to be played as the Falcons trot onto the pitch. It was recorded aeons ago by the Dave Brubeck Quartet. It's name suggests the aim of the players in getting maximum points. "Take Five." Any takers?

Re: Matchday music
markismith50 (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 07:50
Or anything by the band 'Five'.

aidanb (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 08:32
Quote:
markismith50

sin bin

2 weeks

no arguments

toastie1 (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 09:57
I'm a huge modern jazz fan Dick, and Dave Brubeck was the master. Not a very stirring ditty though ?

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 10:48
It could be so much worse.

https://images.shazam.com/coverart/t356978-b255977048_s400.jpg

17Roundabouts (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 11:06
A nice thought dick g & quite like the Dave Brubeck Quartet playing "take five",but would look to something more rousing like the" Blaydon Races"being belted out before or after a win.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 11:38
The team decide between them which music they would like blasting into KP as they take to the pitch. I doubt that too many of them are jazz fans.

To be honest, I doubt that many people at KP are jazz fans.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/thisismyjam/i/137e2054f9ee0c45e68bd473435dbc5e_395.jpg?1349652370

falconbear (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 12:38
I noticed Wasps have nicked our ‘back in black’ anthem to run out to at the Ricoh. Shame, i used to enjoy that one.

aidanb (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 12:41
Quote:
Monkey1
It could be so much worse.

https://images.shazam.com/coverart/t356978-b255977048_s400.jpg

Quote:
aidanb
Quote:
markismith50

sin bin

2 weeks

no arguments

same applies

pa8 (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 14:02
Many years ago when I was young and daft and I may have had too much to drink and the helicopters had started up inside my head, Take Five was one of the tracks i’d play to put me to sleep without having a multi-coloured yawn in the bedroom.

dick g (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 14:35
Quote:
Monkey1
The team decide between them which music they would like blasting into KP as they take to the pitch. I doubt that too many of them are jazz fans.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/thisismyjam/i/137e2054f9ee0c45e68bd473435dbc5e_395.jpg?1349652370

dick g (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 14:40
Quote:
Monkey1

You are almost certainly correct. Mind my other choice would be the start of Mahler's 2nd symphony which would be even less popular. OK, how about Cushy Butterfield? On the whole though, I think Blaydon Races after a score is the way to go.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 16:55
If you want to go classical then it has to be Karl Orff, good old Carmina Burana but it has been done quite a lot already, or Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries, but I think Wasps use that these days.

A bit of AC/DC livens things up more than either of those to be honest.

dick g (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 17:24
Quote:
Monkey1
If you want to go classical then it has to be Karl Orff, good old Carmina Burana but it has been done quite a lot already, or Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries, but I think Wasps use that these days.
A bit of AC/DC livens things up more than either of those to be honest.

Yeah. With, of course, Brian Johnson whom I interviewed when he was a member of one album wonder Geordie.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 19:52
Quote:
dick g
Yeah. With, of course, Brian Johnson whom I interviewed when he was a member of one album wonder Geordie.

Was his accent as plastic back then as it is now?

dick g (IP Logged)
24 October, 2017 06:31
Quote:
Monkey1
Quote:
dick g

Not. Proper Tyneside. He was a nice lady.

dick g (IP Logged)
24 October, 2017 06:32
Quote:
dick g
Quote:
Monkey1
Quote:
dick g

Not. Proper Tyneside. He was a nice lady.

Sorry Brian. Spellcheck thingy decided on the gender change. Can't seem to get rid of the wretched thing.

citizen-slacker (IP Logged)
24 October, 2017 08:12
Take Five is reasonably up tempo, but if we're staying with wor Brian how about For Those About To Ruck(sic).

My spell check has Scotland playing Samosa during the AIs.

lebigmac69 (IP Logged)
24 October, 2017 19:53
Geordie in Wonderland by The Wildhearts, please!

This ruined O Fortuna for me - Misheard words (or improved it...)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net