rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Friday 24th November v Gloucester at Kingston Park, 7.45pm

Friday 1st December v Northampton Saints at Franklin's Gardens, 7.45pm

Last result: Wasps 40-10 Newcastle Falcons

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: Falcons V Tigers
Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 14:45
They're all as bad as each other I think, but Ford seemed especially slow. I just think as a general rule once they've indicated it's a shot for goal they get 30 seconds to put the tee down, line it up and kick it over. It's not like they've got to kick up a mound of mud to balance he ball on like they used to

AndyPenman (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 15:13
Quote:
Bedlington Lad
They're all as bad as each other I think, but Ford seemed especially slow. I just think as a general rule once they've indicated it's a shot for goal they get 30 seconds to put the tee down, line it up and kick it over. It's not like they've got to kick up a mound of mud to balance he ball on like they used to

They have 1 minute from the arrival of the kicking tee, sand or making their mark in the pitch. I timed Fords last 2 kicks and he was about 5 seconds over on both occasions so possibly within Sirs tolerance level

Exiled Falcon (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 16:39
I think the clock should be stopped for kicks at goal myself, far too much time is lost during kicks at goal. Not a dig at George, they all do it and as long as a referee feels it's within time limits then fair enough. To be fair it only seems an age when it's the oppo doing it, never heard any murmurs by fans of the kicker when it's theirs seemingly taking an age.

Osric (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 18:20
That's potentially eight, ten, twelve minutes per game spent watching a kicker doing their increasingly twitchy routines. Cue, watching old you tube videos.
The more the ball is in play, the more tired the players get (the less they'll have to all weigh 16-20 stones) and the more free flowing the game will become. Anything that allows for more free flowing running rugby, the better. I recall Eddie Jones suggesting that the clock should stop once a scrum is awarded and should only be restarted when the ball emerges. I think it was tongue in cheek but the same principle applied. I also recall him suggesting a move back to older versions of substitution rules (i.e. Have none, or far fewer).

SK 88 (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 20:34
Quote:
AndyPenman
Quote:
Bedlington Lad

They have 1 minute from the arrival of the kicking tee, sand or making their mark in the pitch. I timed Fords last 2 kicks and he was about 5 seconds over on both occasions so possibly within Sirs tolerance level

In France they have a separate kick clock that counts down.

Its a great idea and totally removes an area of controversy from the game whilst helping to speed it up.

Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 07:05
Quote:
SK 88
Quote:
AndyPenman
Quote:
Bedlington Lad

In France they have a separate kick clock that counts down.

Its a great idea and totally removes an area of controversy from the game whilst helping to speed it up.
That is a great idea I'd love the prem to adopt it.This isn't new thing, I can recall Bob Hiller creating huge mud pies to balance the ball on before kicking it, equally and by contrast Barry John and Phil Bennett just kicked up a bit of dirt, plonked the ball down and it was all done and dusted, no need to enter a Zen - like state before kicking the thing.

dick g (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 08:15
Quote:
Osric
That's potentially eight, ten, twelve minutes per game spent watching a kicker doing their increasingly twitchy routines. Cue, watching old you tube videos.
The more the ball is in play, the more tired the players get (the less they'll have to all weigh 16-20 stones) and the more free flowing the game will become. Anything that allows for more free flowing running rugby, the better. I recall Eddie Jones suggesting that the clock should stop once a scrum is awarded and should only be restarted when the ball emerges. I think it was tongue in cheek but the same principle applied. I also recall him suggesting a move back to older versions of substitution rules (i.e. Have none, or far fewer).

Agreed on subs. Revert to injury replacements only. Not so sure on stopping clocks for scrums. Needs some research on how long this will extend game time. Some people need to get buses, metres etc. Might not be too bad, though, as we seem to get fewer scrums these days.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 11:55
How about allowing 15 seconds to take a conversion kick after scoring a try. Now that would add to the entertainment, especially if the kicker had scored the try & was under a pile of bodies.
(Sm100)

upwardonward (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 14:16
Well that's probably the best Leicester side I have seen for a few seasons up here ,and they will be in with a good shout of the title.
IMO the Falcons passing and handling were poor and led to far too many errors.
One knock on from Sinotti,just when we were going to attack was just so frustrating,and Leicester scored a superb try from the resultant the scrum with Johnny May.
I really believed at 13-14 we were in with a very good chance.,and the hold up of Goneva by Leicester defence was pivotal in the game.

IMO I thought Flood was very average but he does have glimpses of quality without doubt.
He was totally outplayed by Ford.
I thought Latu was not up to speed,and imo we really need to see Burrows.He would be my pick at 8.

Struggled to pick a Falcons MOM but I did think Welch was the pick of the bunch.Mr Dependable.Handling,Tackling and I do like his line out,and his overall game.

Talking of line outs I thought the throwing left a lot to be desired.

Congratulations to Will Welch on his 200.Great to see him walking around and being last off the pitch spending time with they young ones.

Lets not get too down .Beaten by a better team on the day.

Upward and Onward .

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net