rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Friday 24th November v Gloucester at Kingston Park, 7.45pm

Friday 1st December v Northampton Saints at Franklin's Gardens, 7.45pm

Last result: Wasps 40-10 Newcastle Falcons

Fans' Forum - 6 November
ScotsFalcon (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 12:13
Fans' Forum just announced - 6 November, 7pm

Linky thing

Re: Fans' Forum - 6 November
Monkey1 (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 12:40
Always good fun, I will be there.

Wensleydale Falcon (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 17:42
Always a good listen mixed with some good humour.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
03 November, 2017 12:15
Just a reminder for those who want to toddle along on Monday that you should email fans@newcastle-falcons.co.uk so the club can get in enough yummies to go round. Only mentioning it because I forgot, so will do it now.

Wensleydale Falcon (IP Logged)
07 November, 2017 11:42
Once again this was an excellent evening and i love the honesty of Semore,Dean and Mick when taking questions from the floor.

Everyone was on top form last night providing some great laughs and if you have never attended one of these forums i would highly recommend that you try to.

As Mick alluded to we are very fortunate that Semore and Dean take the time to put these forums on a couple of times a year.

Thanks to everyone involved!

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
07 November, 2017 12:39
What were the headlines of the forum?

markismith50 (IP Logged)
07 November, 2017 14:51
Live updates were on the club’s twitter feed, which you can scroll back through. Once again thank you to all who attended another enjoyable event

steve1888 (IP Logged)
07 November, 2017 16:48
It's great the club do these so frequently, they're always good just typical we've not been able to make the last couple but fingers crossed for next one.

Pool_falcon (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 05:41
Anything come out of it worth sharing?

Did they talk about the dreaded scrum and how it can be fixed?

dick g (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 07:15
Quote:
Pool_falcon

Not. And what is dreaded about the scrum? It remains at the heart of the game and the thing that marks us out from the less satisfying rugby league. It might not be perfect, but I don't think it should be dreaded.

Pool_falcon (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 08:00
I think you've missed my point a little. I was referring more to our recent shambolic attempts at doing one rather than the act itself.

lizard118 (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 10:41
Dick, I believe Pool is referring to our weak scrum, if I'm not mistaken. I would be surprised if this wasn't discussed when this is a Big area of concern.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 11:10
There weren't any questions about the scrum, other than about prop injuries, which Dean addressed on the night.

aidanb (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 19:32
This is not nearly as interesting as “verbatimgate”

Sometimes I hanker for those days even tho the club is in a much better place in all areas including your dealings with us supports Mark.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 20:27
Verbatimgate still got a good laugh on Monday.

SimonG19 (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 17:37
Quote:
dick g
Quote:
Pool_falcon

Not. And what is dreaded about the scrum? It remains at the heart of the game and the thing that marks us out from the less satisfying rugby league. It might not be perfect, but I don't think it should be dreaded.

Ever seen Wayne Barnes trying to ref it?

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 18:03
One thing that Deano said was how lucky we are to have the standard of referees that we do today. You can always nit pick, but on balance when reviewing games they do a very good job, so far removed from the standards of 20 years ago. Of course they make mistakes, in a fast moving & ever more complex game they are bound to, but they will then apologise & admit they got it wrong. He particularly praised Barnes if I remember right.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net