Latest news:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc., should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go,elsewhere any spamming will be deleted.

NEW HOME SHIRT

Next two matches

Saturday 21 September 2019 v Jersey Reds at Stade Santander International, 3.00pm (Cup)

Sunday 29 September 2019 v Doncaster Knights at Kingston Park, 3.00pm (Cup)

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Falcons and Blues Teams
NorfolkFalcon 11 November, 2017 18:30
57-0 full time. Falcons too good, Blues shocking or a combination of both?

That means we are 4 points clear at the top of our table!

Northumbrian 11 November, 2017 19:24
At the risk of being unpopular, I thought the remembrance day thing before the game was a bit much. Fair enough, a two-minute silence, but this dragged on for six minutes, which is a long time for players to stand about in cold conditions.

alas 11 November, 2017 19:50
Blues sub A-League standard, but, unlike against the Irish and the Dragons, once the Falcons got going they didn't let up. Joel MOTM for me.

DB23 11 November, 2017 20:30
Quote:
Northumbrian
At the risk of being unpopular, I thought the remembrance day thing before the game was a bit much. Fair enough, a two-minute silence, but this dragged on for six minutes, which is a long time for players to stand about in cold conditions.

It was poignant and respectful for those who gave and continue to give service to their country. For the fallen, the temporarily and permanently injured, they deserve at least some time for others to reflect on their sacrifice.

I doubt the players minded too much.

DB23 11 November, 2017 20:34
Quote:
alas
Blues sub A-League standard, but, unlike against the Irish and the Dragons, once the Falcons got going they didn't let up. Joel MOTM for me.

I agree, alas, Joel played well and was my MOTM, even filling in at scrum half when Stuart was withdrawn perhaps to protect him for next week when we are likely to be without Tane and Michael Young.

IMO, there is not a better running, and passing, fly half in the Premiership than Hodgson. He is getting better with experience and may ultimately fulfill his early potential.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2017 20:37 by DB23.

aidanb 11 November, 2017 20:56
Quote:
DB23
Quote:
alas

I agree, alas, Joel played well and was my MOTM, even filling in at scrum half when Stuart was withdrawn perhaps to protect him for next week when we are likely to be without Tane and Michael Young.

IMO, there is not a better running, and passing, fly half in the Premiership than Hodgson. He is getting better with experience and may ultimately fulfill his early potential.

And he scored a cracking try from it.

aidanb 11 November, 2017 21:14
Quote:
NorfolkFalcon
24-0 at half time. Try bonus point secured and we didnt score out first until after 20 minutes. Sounds like we are now in full flow.
Michael Young forced off after scoring his try. Real shame for him.

From all the way back in the south stand it looked like he hurt his ribs.
My mate said winded at first but when they took him off I was thinking ribs

aidanb 11 November, 2017 21:14
Quote:
NorfolkFalcon
24-0 at half time. Try bonus point secured and we didnt score out first until after 20 minutes. Sounds like we are now in full flow.
Michael Young forced off after scoring his try. Real shame for him.

From all the way back in the south stand it looked like he hurt his ribs.
My mate said winded at first but when they took him off I was thinking ribs

CharlieDog 11 November, 2017 22:11
Quote:
aidanb
Quote:
DB23
Quote:
alas

And he scored a cracking try from it.

But he can't kick from hand to save his life and his kicking from the tee is not much better.......

Greggs 11 November, 2017 22:25
I thought Joel's kicking was a bit wayward but in open play with ball in hand he was superb.

Radwan, Sinoti and Matavesi were excellent.

There was a really nasty looking injury to one of the Cardiff lads off a restart reasonably close to us in the northeast paddock early in the second half, dunno if anyone else saw it. Landed awkwardly from up a height with a real thump. I initially thought it was a rib or collarbone but as he was walking off it looked a lot like a broken arm. Was in an awful lot of pain. Never nice to see.

GeordieFalcon 11 November, 2017 22:42
I'm sorry I'm a passionate falcons fan but to say there is not a better running and passing fly half in the prem is laughable.

He's 3rd best at our club...and even Connon might overtake him soon!

trummy200 11 November, 2017 22:53
Just read Daily Mails report on the match - Praises Hodgson all through the article.

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2017 22:55 by trummy200.

NorfolkFalcon 12 November, 2017 06:27
Hodgson's kicking from hand tends to be pretty good especially place kicking. It's off the tee he has sometimes struggled with.

Good to hear that a lot of the backs had good games especially Matavesi.

exhooker 12 November, 2017 08:25
GF really doesn't like Hodgson does he.OK so yesterday he missed 2 conversions (kicked 5) and missed a kick to the corner but he was sharp quick and giving us all sorts of options. A splendid performance in my eyes, crowned by that glorious cross kick for Sinoti's try.
Incidentally, no one has mentioned Stuart. The tempo changed when he came on and he is a very good acquisition.

Leipziger 12 November, 2017 10:21
As a supporter you can't really argue with a 57-0 win, whoever the opposition, good stuff. Bigger test next week but yesterday was surely a good warm-up.

lizard118 12 November, 2017 10:49
Good shout re-Stuart, exhooker.Imo his pass and general distribution is second to none, although Takulua's all-round game is ahead of everyone else.
Every time Stuart has come on the tempo of the game has gone up. The fact his stepped up so seamlessly from playing part-time for Richmond I think shows he's going to be a useful player for us. Another good spot by Richards and Co.
Re-Hodgson, I think we should just be glad to have 2 good and one seasoned flyhalf. Hodgson hasn't let us down when called upon and it appears had a stormer of a game. So credit where it's due.
Ultimately, the competition between the three can only be a good thing for the team, although my personal favourite is Willis, who happens to have a bit of everything.

DJMc 12 November, 2017 14:21
I am little bemused about the comments on Michael Young and his contribution yesterday. From my unusual position on the north side of the east terrace, it could be seen from the outset that it was the intention to run everything from anywhere, presumably to try things out and run Cardiff ragged, and to that end I thought Young did well to get the ball in Hodgson's hands quickly. And the line and support Young took for his try was superb. I have seen Takalua do the exact same thing and, deservedly, take high praise for it. In my mind scrum half is another position we are lucky to have strong competition for the shirt.

alas 12 November, 2017 22:07
Young stuck three or four box kicks down the throat of the opposition back three as per. Lead to directly rare occasions when Cardiff posed a threat. When Stuart came on it was very evident that he was getting to the breakdown quicker and that his pass was also faster and longer.

Osric 13 November, 2017 20:35
On a separate note, great though it is to win 57-0, what purpose does this tournament serve, given the trouncings meted out against the Welsh clubs A team's this weekend? It's great for our confidence and gives some players a chance to stake a claim for the prem 23 but surely a decent A league structure would do the same. I can't imagine the TV revenues are great, given the apparent inability to actually watch many of these live.

cumbrian_falcon 14 November, 2017 08:30
Quote:
Osric
On a separate note, great though it is to win 57-0, what purpose does this tournament serve, given the trouncings meted out against the Welsh clubs A team's this weekend? It's great for our confidence and gives some players a chance to stake a claim for the prem 23 but surely a decent A league structure would do the same. I can't imagine the TV revenues are great, given the apparent inability to actually watch many of these live.

Maybe we should exclude the welsh regions and the 4 highest non promoted sides from the Championship get a run out to help bridge the gap between the two divisions. Might lead to a load of drubbings still but at least it is helping the english game

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net