rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Friday 24th November v Gloucester at Kingston Park, 7.45pm

Friday 1st December v Northampton Saints at Franklin's Gardens, 7.45pm

Last result: Wasps 40-10 Newcastle Falcons

Matt Mullan?
AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 16:42
I am seen on the rugby forum that we could be signing him don't know if there is any truth in it, but with how short we are in the scrum it wouldn't surprise me. smiling smiley

Re: Matt Mullan?
steve1888 (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 17:36
He'd be a top notch signing

dick g (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 18:15
If true he will undoubtedly have been seduced by Deano's assurance of a year-round temperature of 23c and Blue Fin Tuna in the Tyne.

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 18:40
Just what we need. Would be a great signing.

I've mentioned it before but all of the top teams have great strength in depth in the prop division, just look at Exeter, Saracens and Leicester. They have at least 4 strong props on either side of the scrum, and in my opinion I think we only have potentially 1 on either side (Lockwood and S Wilson).

This news in encouraging as it seems that we are prioritising recruitment for props. A top quality lock to play alongside Green would be desirable, too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/11/2017 18:48 by NorfolkFalcon.

Leipziger (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 18:43
Just looking at his profile on the Wasps website, Mullan has played in all but one game this season, and six of his eight appearances have been starts, so if the article was suggesting a mid-season signing then it seems unlikely. Next summer could be a possibility I guess, and as Steve says, Mullan would be a great signing.

pityacker (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 18:56
Wasps don't have a lot of quality options at prop and I think it's unlikely he would leave a top club where he is one of their leaders.

pa8 (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 20:02
I think people should look at the origin of the rumour on the Rugby forum. Itís not exactly reliable.

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 20:04
Yeah who knows he is out of contract at the end of the season though, the type of signing I could see us making depending on where we finish also. smiling smiley

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 20:29
I would be really surprised if we signed Mullen but also very happy heís a v.good player. Canít see him leaving Wasps though

pa8 (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 06:04
I see this rumour has gone from Matt Mullan coming to Newcastle to now being Mark Wilson leaving Newcastle!

pa8 (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 06:14
For those who havenít read it on the Rugby forum this is what was posted -:

Just heard a very interesting England international transfer tidbit. Here are your clues:
🏊🏻🗣8️⃣🤔👑🚗

That, apparently, means either Matt Mullan is coming, Mark Wilson is going or the latest Toby Flood is going to play 7ís for Germany(not exactly new).

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 07:18
It doesn't mean anything. Somebody has posted some utter nonsense on Tw@tter that others have deduced drivel from. It could equally mean that there is a rumour about a warm snap during February in Devon which will cause the daffodils to flower early.

Fake news.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/b7/a5/63/b7a563b59a00d847f8025209cba0721d.png

pa8 (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 07:54
Oops it worked on the preview !

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 09:00
Quote:
Monkey1
It doesn't mean anything. Somebody has posted some utter nonsense on Tw@tter that others have deduced drivel from. It could equally mean that there is a rumour about a warm snap during February in Devon which will cause the daffodils to flower early.
Fake news.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/b7/a5/63/b7a563b59a00d847f8025209cba0721d.png

(Sm22)

mannin (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 10:06
Mullan is 4th choice for England, one of Wasps leadership group and I would guess, paid rather handsomely. I wouldn't expect a move.

We do however need a top LH for next season and he would fit the mould. There may be a few knocking around, including Auterac.

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 10:46
Yeah I was thinking Auterac I know is set to leave Bath at the end of the season. smiling smiley

Exiled Falcon (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 13:19
Auterac allegedly heading Quinwards, would love to see him at KP. Under the same allegedness, Thacker meant to be off to Bristol.....another one Iíd have.

Kwa444 (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 21:28
Thacker not unreasonable as Tiggers now have McGuigan, Youngs and Polota-Nau.

lizard118 (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 22:09
Thacker too light and we have a good pool of hookers. I don't think he'd add anything to our scrum which is our main area of concern.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net