rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Saturday 20th January v Enisei-STM at Avchala Stadium (Tbilisi), 10.00am UK time

Saturday 27th January v Bath Rugby at The Recreation Ground, 3.00pm (AW Cup)

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 64-7 Enisei-STM

Wasps vs Falcons Result
AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 19:01
Thoughts on the 40-10 loss then?. smiling smiley

Re: Wasps vs Falcons Result
Gloucester BAZ (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 19:15
It's the barest match day thread i've ever seen. (Sm132)

Falcons_Thunder (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 19:25
poor showing against a good wasps team. Hopefully a better preformance next week

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 19:27
I do these for people to give there opinions on the game after the match. smiling smiley

pityacker (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 20:06
Well beaten in the last 2 league games against decent teams and next weeks opponents Gloucester were excellent in the second half last night to come from behind to deservedly beat Saracens and will pose problems for Falcons on that form , another loss will see us heading towards the lower end of the league but with a few points in the bag thankfully.

trummy200 (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 20:25
Poor defence on the flanks especially in the first half - left Falcons playing catch up. Not a great game to watch!
Anyone know where Wasps managed to dig up that 405 line colour big screen from? Good as useless.

Kath... (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 22:37
Down to earth with a sting, pass the sting cream someone(Sm26)

Osric (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 22:41
Oh dear. Sorry. I dared to dream.

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 07:36
Conceding 3 tries in the first 15 minutes meant it was always going to be an uphill battle.

Need a good result against an in-form Glaws side on Friday.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 11:08
Utter dire performance, especially in defence, and if I remember right almost every try they scored was down to just waltzing unchallenged past our wing defence. The first three tries in just over ten minutes were an absolute joke. It was a team effort to be that poor, but a special mention goes to Chris Harris, who just watched one Wasps try go past him & obviously had no clue & no inclination to do anything about it.

We had a good start to the season but they can wipe the smiles off their faces now & start again from scratch. There was not one single positive thought to take from that game.

Ricoh a great venue as always, the floodlights in particular are superb. The screen looked OK from where we were sitting, but their sound system needs help. I am sure it is a good enough system, but whoever last fiddled with it knows less than my guinea pigs about setting it up. Fanzone top class. views good, lots of little bars & food outlets that work well although they are so heavily staffed it will be a miracle if they are profitable. Altogether they put on a good show.

Benpj17 (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 11:25
Didnít see the game only the hilights of eastmonds try, tait seemed to give up on the chase way to quickly

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 11:36
Watching the highlights tonight should be fun. smiling smiley

Vespulavulgaris (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 11:45
I don't think anyone was as surprised by that result as me. I wasn't alone as a Waspie having a real bad feeling about this match going in.

I really hope it was just a glitch and you bounce back to winning ways again.

To those of you who travelled down, thank you!

Davidten31 (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 15:02
I'll start by saying monkey1 has it spot on . Before we travelled down I had a good feeling about the game and I thought we'd come away with a win. How wrong was I, dire performance by the boys, loads of possession but couldn't do anything with it. Defence and ball handling was poor. Wasps were just running straight through us and as usual Gopperth had a great game against his old side.
Great stadium to visit and the wasps supporters sat around us were great.
I'll end by saying how disappointed I was with the players who didn't come over and acknowledge the travelling support who gad travelled down in numbers.

Wensleydale Falcon (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 18:39
Very harsh criticism of the players in my opinion as you could clearly see some of them looking around the stadium at the end to see where the Falcons fans were (and obviously could NOT see us)
We know how much the players appreciate our support so it's not an issue for me.
An enjoyable trip and enjoyed with a couple of beers with Wasps fans before kick off and they were all speaking very highly of our club and the direction that we are going in.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/11/2017 08:59 by Wensleydale Falcon.

dick g (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 09:08
In league points, we are still in touch with top half. Now is not the time to lose hope. See you all on Friday. WWW!

Cantabrian (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 11:14
One more bonus point would have seen us in 6th instead of 9th place. We're going to have some ups and downs but a win on Friday will see us back on an upward track. Hope we get a good big crowd to cheer the boys on.

Davidten31 (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 18:10
Not harsh at all, I'm sorry but looking across the pitch just doesn't cut it with me. There was nothing stopping them having a walk around the pitch to acknowledge the fans who had travelled.
You could see they couldn't get off the pitch fast enough. I'm sure if we had gone on to win that game they would have been around.

Wensleydale Falcon (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 20:04
Well that's your opinion Davieten which I don't agree with, so I guess we will agree to disagree!!

trummy200 (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 21:35
Guess they were not in the best frame of mind!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net