rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Friday 27-Saturday 28 July Premiership Sevens at Franklin's Gardens

Saturday 11 August v Nottingham Rugby at Kingston Park, 3.00pm

Last result: Exeter Chiefs 36-5 Newcastle Falcons

Any guesses?
BH (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 17:11
I see Mick Hogan has just tweeted [/b]"We've a big announcement this week. Very excited about this one!"[b]

Re: Any guesses?
pityacker (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 17:23
Would think news regarding the North stand project must be favourite.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 17:35
North Stand has a long way to go through planning yet so unlikely.

I haven't heard even the slightest whisper about anything lately so no idea at all.

dick g (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 17:51
I didn't want it to come out this way, but I have been offered a short-term contract as tight head. Good times ahead.

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 18:15
New deal for Dean?
New incoming player?

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 18:31
I wouldn't expect the term ' very excited' to be used for a contract extension. Possibly a new player but apart from those Mullan rumours there's been zero rumours.

We shall see.

pityacker (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 19:04
If it’s a signing Mulipola the Tigers huge Samoan prop who can play both sides rumoured to being released possibly to France , a top player at his best but really hope the BIG news is not him as he has hardly played for the last few seasons as always injured.

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 19:53
When fit Mulipola carries so well and he is decent in the scrum, but like I said when he is fit as he seems to be injury prone hope it's not him if I am been honest. smiling smiley

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 20:00
Finn Russell? as he is leaving Glasgow Warriors at the end of the season I see we can dream. grinning smiley

19 November, 2017 20:18
Well he puts emphasis by stating he wants to brace a new culture, what's better than Geordie?

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 06:53
Quote:
NorfolkFalcon
.... what's better than Geordie?

Northumbrian!
(Sm128)

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e2/Scottish-English_border.jpg/220px-Scottish-English_border.jpg

skip mcskipper (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 09:13
A big shirt sponsorship maybe?

dick g (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 09:27
What does it take to make MH very excited? He has never struck me as especially excitable.

DeceptivePace (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 10:08
He can get a bit excitable on Monday nights at A League games when he announces the "new world record" attendance at KP.

pa8 (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 10:44
Quote:
dick g
What does it take to make MH very excited? He has never struck me as especially excitable.

The return of Erica Roe ? Or maybe her current day equivalent as she’s bound to be playing keepy up by now.

Cantabrian (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 11:17
My guess is Finn Russell may be off to join Vern Cotter at Monpellier and we've a big front row signing to announce.

.Mick Hogan (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 12:13
Keep the guesses coming as none right so far. All will be revealed at 10.30 tomorrow morning.

Just for info it won't be any of the following either

* Smithy to be included in the Xmas special of Strictly Come Dancing

* Micky Ward in surprise Ashes Cricket Call Up

* My new wig being unveiled. I have got one and its a good one (only the chin-strap gives it away) but I'm saving it for the staff Xmas night out!

On a serious note it is an exciting announcement for the club and one that I believe will be very well received.

Mick

20 November, 2017 12:31
Quote:
Cantabrian
My guess is Finn Russell may be off to join Vern Cotter at Monpellier and we've a big front row signing to announce.

(Sm126)

rubyrhone (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 12:56
Bound to be something business or corporate orientated I should think.

Maybe a new Metro station at KP?

Or maybe we are linking up with the Magpies for scrum sessions a la Wales/England.

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 13:09
Russell is going to Racing to replace Carter I believe. smiling smiley

bunch of flankers (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 13:44
got to be announcement of a new sponsor? great news if this would be correct and shows the club going in right direction, on and off the field

rubyrhone (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 14:36
OR............the Christmas match on the 23rd Dec vs Quins will be away at Santa Claus'palace in Lappland and we are all invited!!

DeceptivePace (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 14:44
In the light of comments at the recent talk in about the demand for the services of some of our coaches, perhaps it's to do with their contracts? Don't really know the terms of employment for Walder, Wells, Ward, MacLeod, Laycock, Ponton etc.

telfs123 (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 15:30
If it's a new signing it'll be outside the Prem, can't (officially) sign prem players until the new year.
Deano new contract may make sense- I think his is up this year.

Either that or something totally random that will make us go "that's nice"

Getitright (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 15:54
I believe Finn Russell is going to Montpellier to fight for his place with Aaron Cruden!

aidanb (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 16:20
Deano new contract

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 19:38
Well Mick said none of the above, so that rules out the following:

North Stand development.
Deano new contract.
New player.
Dick Godfrey at tighthead.
Big shirt sponsor.
The return of Erica Roe.

For those too young to remember Erica, here she is doing her thing at Twickenham, January 1982.

http://www.espnscrum.com/PICTURES/CMS/25500/25574.2.jpg

alchemist (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 20:18
Quote:
Monkey1
North Stand development.
Deano new contract.
New player.
Big shirt sponsor.
The return of Erica Roe.

For those too young to remember Erica, here she is doing her thing at Twickenham, January 1982.

I was there in the old West Stand at that game vs Australia. My mates from the US had gone to divest themselves of used beer, so they were hacked off when they came back and found out what they'd missed :-)

aidanb (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 20:58
Quote:
Monkey1
North Stand development.
Deano new contract.
New player.
Big shirt sponsor.
The return of Erica Roe.

Back in those days the players stayed on the pitch at half time.

Steve Smith watched the lot and interrupted the team talk being given by Bill Beaumont to say

“Hey Bill, there’s a woman over there with your backside on her chest !”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/11/2017 21:43 by aidanb.

pa8 (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 21:32
A new benefactor to share the financial burden with Semore?

Kath... (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 23:16
I know, I know Santa Claus is coming hot smiley

21 November, 2017 08:25
The most disappointing out of those is that Dick will not be our new tighthead. Think he would do a sterling job, especially in the loose.

aidanb (IP Logged)
21 November, 2017 10:07
BREAKING: Newcastle Falcons will play at St James' Park on Saturday March 24 when they host @SaintsRugby in @PremRugby action, a game which has been dubbed 'The Big One' [www.newcastlefalcons.co.uk]

pityacker (IP Logged)
21 November, 2017 10:13
Havnt as yet attracted full houses at KP on a regular basis therefore to take such an expensive option so early seems a bit strange to me but I certainly hope it all goes well.

Falcons_Thunder (IP Logged)
21 November, 2017 10:25
Quote:
aidanb
BREAKING: Newcastle Falcons will play at St James' Park on Saturday March 24 when they host @SaintsRugby in @PremRugby action, a game which has been dubbed 'The Big One' [www.newcastlefalcons.co.uk]

Interesting tho we are gonna have to improve performances of late to achieve anywhere near 20,000 tickets. But a great challenge for Mick and the team

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net