rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Friday 20th April v Gloucester Rugby at Kingsholm, 7.45pm

Friday 27th April v Leicester Tigers at Welford Road, 7.45pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 35-30 Sale Sharks

Management Information
Susiewong (IP Logged)
25 November, 2017 08:25
Having voiced my concerns about team selection on Thursday and read the comments about Friday nights performance it would appear that our loyalty as fans has been treated with contempt by management. Surely if management kept fans better informed about injuries to players, this would eleviate any of our criticisms about team selection. The fans deserve to be kept in the picture.

Re: Management Information
GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
25 November, 2017 08:27
But then you give the opposition the advantage of knowing who isn't going to be playing.

Speak to most fans and their coaches don't let out the injuries either.

telfs123 (IP Logged)
25 November, 2017 09:19
This is brought up every few weeks, and drives me mad. Deano has said many times in the past he doesn't release full injury lists. Whether you agree or disagree with his reasoning and if it makes any difference, it is his decision, and he's not going to change it based on a few people moaning on an internet forum, and to say that it is treating loyal fans with contempt is utterly moronic, especially when Deano several times a year with do talk ins to discuss the club with fans, something which doesn't happen at other clubs. Also, if you read Deano's comments on the team selection article Smithy posts, he regularly mentions a few injured players.

Susiewong (IP Logged)
25 November, 2017 09:41
On our latest performance I wouldn’t have thought it would have made any difference if he said he was fielding the under 18’s.

Daveyb (IP Logged)
25 November, 2017 09:56
Quote:
Susiewong
On our latest performance I wouldn’t have thought it would have made any difference if he said he was fielding the under 18’s.
Are you suggesting that he fields a weakened team on purpose and not due to injury/international commitment then?

Cantabrian (IP Logged)
25 November, 2017 10:19
Can't somebody persuade Deano that his communications policy belongs to the last century.

On BT TV last night it was like a Glaws home game at Kingsholm. Shots of the Glos changing room at half time, pitchside interviews with the their defensive coach, player interviews, shots of the Glos coaches taking selfies with fans.

This compared with occasional shots of Deano and Walder locked away in the box at the back of the East stand.

As for fans being given injury news making the slightest difference to competitive advantage, well that's patent nonsense.

dick g (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 13:32
I don't think Deano has a say in BT match coverage.

Susiewong (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 18:14
Have to agree with Cantabarian, and that was my point. If a player has a broken leg or other such injury, then trying to keep that information from the opposition like TELFS123 has suggested, would not really help them. I think it would just keep the fans in the picture .

pa8 (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 19:26
Just had a look at my season ticket and it doesn’t entitle me to the same rights as a major shareholder. Others must be different.

alas (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 19:50
No use looking at a Falcons' season ticket to see what it entitles you to, as that is a movable feast.

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 19:55
Not entirely sure the club is obligated to tell anyone anything until just before the match when they hand the team sheet to the officials . A lot of arm chair managers here and I think for the sake of placating one or two people, releasing the squad isn’t tactically advantageous.

steve1888 (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 20:55
A simple not considered due to injury section at the bottom would help. Not giving lengths or anything and team is announced them so no help to opponents.

Leipziger (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 21:58
Quote:
steve1888
A simple not considered due to injury section at the bottom would help. Not giving lengths or anything and team is announced them so no help to opponents.

Yes there wouldn't seem to be any harm in doing that. We do hear certain things, like Cavubati being out for months, and I seem to remember at the start of the season a team announcement with a quote saying that Flood and DTH were injured, so it doesn't seem to be 100% non-negotiable policy. At the end of the day though, not knowing the injuries situation isn't something I lose any sleep over.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 06:58
Quote:
Leipziger
At the end of the day though, not knowing the injuries situation isn't something I lose any sleep over.

That sums it up & puts it in perspective, and if we had won on Friday I bet that nobody would have even thought about it.

pa8 (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 10:45
Quote:
Monkey1
Quote:
Leipziger
At the end of the day though, not knowing the injuries situation isn't something I lose any sleep over.

That sums it up & puts it in perspective, and if we had won on Friday I bet that nobody would have even thought about it.

+1

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net