rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Friday 27-Saturday 28 July Premiership Sevens at Franklin's Gardens

Saturday 11 August v Nottingham Rugby at Kingston Park, 3.00pm

Last result: Exeter Chiefs 36-5 Newcastle Falcons

South Stand whingers
dick g (IP Logged)
25 November, 2017 10:13
There is an element in the South Stand who spend the match loudly criticising and even abusing our players. Quite often I share their frustration, but keep it to myself. If our team is so bad, why do the Whingers come? The established ethos of the SS is to support noisily and criticise quietly. Can we please keep it that way.I would hate to feel obliged to move to the new North Stand and start building our reputation again.

Re: South Stand whingers
Timeshock! (IP Logged)
25 November, 2017 12:11
Why do you assume those comments are confined to South Standers? it happens all around the ground.

Even without such comments, performance affects how the crowd reacts, I thought the south stand was markedly muted last night and not without reason.

zackary71 (IP Logged)
25 November, 2017 16:48
So we should all place fingers on lips dick g and follow your lead on what you perceive to be accepted behaviour in the SS ? Swearing and personal abuse I will heartily agree with in terms of a no-no. However please don't lecture others about how their passion and support should manifest itself. If I feel the need to shout out "stupid" aimed at Joel as I did last night for a monumentally idiotic and inept piece of play...I will continue to do so. I don't need to ask your permission.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/11/2017 16:49 by zackary71.

dick g (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 13:28
It is more than shouting "stupid". And I certainly am not suggesting that such behaviour is restricted to the South Stand. How can anyone suggest I have? I don't expect anybody to observe my standards or seek my approval.

Timeshock! (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 16:51
Quote:
dick g
It is more than shouting "stupid". And I certainly am not suggesting that such behaviour is restricted to the South Stand. How can anyone suggest I have? I don't expect anybody to observe my standards or seek my approval.

You wrote...

There is an element in the South Stand who spend the match loudly criticising and even abusing our players. Quite often I share their frustration, but keep it to myself. If our team is so bad, why do the Whingers come? The established ethos of the SS is to support noisily and criticise quietly. Can we please keep it that way.[b]I would hate to feel obliged to move to the new North Stand and start building our reputation again[/b]

dick g (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 18:15
Quote:
Timeshock!
Quote:
dick g

You wrote...

There is an element in the South Stand who spend the match loudly criticising and even abusing our players. Quite often I share their frustration, but keep it to myself. If our team is so bad, why do the Whingers come? The established ethos of the SS is to support noisily and criticise quietly. Can we please keep it that way.[b]I would hate to feel obliged to move to the new North Stand and start building our reputation again[/b]

So?

Timeshock! (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 22:06
Quote:
dick g
Quote:
Timeshock!
Quote:
dick g

You wrote...

So?

I don't know if you are deliberately being obtuse of we genuinely have a misunderstanding so I will I attempt to spell it out for you.

You suggested you did not like the comments and behaviour around you in the South stand and was not within your understanding of the ethos so the SS. I then put it to you that you that such comments may not be confined to just the SS. You retorted how can anyone suggest that such behaviour was confined to the SS. I replied with your quote, unless the comments desisted you may feel obliged to move to the New North Stand to impose your values there.

you reply So? QED just read your own post

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 06:59
(Sm120)

dick g (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 09:18
[quote Timeshock!][quote dick g][quote Timeshock!][quote dick g]It is more than shouting "stupid". And I certainly am not suggesting that such behaviour is restricted to the South Stand. How can anyone suggest I have? I don't expect anybody to observe my standards or seek my approval.[/quote]

You wrote...

There is an element in the South Stand who spend the match loudly criticising and even abusing our players. Quite often I share their frustration, but keep it to myself. If our team is so bad, why do the Whingers come? The established ethos of the SS is to support noisily and criticise quietly. Can we please keep it that way.[b]I would hate to feel obliged to move to the new North Stand and start building our reputation again[/b][/quote]

So?[/quote]

I don't know if you are deliberately being obtuse of we genuinely have a misunderstanding so I will I attempt to spell it out for you.

You suggested you did not like the comments and behaviour around you in the South stand and was not within your understanding of the ethos so the SS. I then put it to you that you that such comments may not be confined to just the SS. You retorted how can anyone suggest that such behaviour was confined to the SS. I replied with your quote, unless the comments desisted you may feel obliged to move to the New North Stand to impose your values there.

you reply So? QED just read your own post[/quot

This is getting very silly and it stops now. The New North Stand has yet to be built. I had rather hoped this thread would be about behaviour not what I did or didn't post. I'm off to visit Santa. Merry Crimble to you all.

T

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net