rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Saturday 24th February v Harlequins at The Stoop, 2.30pm

Saturday 3rd March v Gloucester at Kingsholm, 3.00pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 29-12 Bath

Opeti Fonua
pityacker (IP Logged)
10 December, 2017 17:59
Rugby Inside Line posting a rumour Opeti going to Agen next season.

Re: Opeti Fonua
AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
10 December, 2017 18:40
Will be a shame would of liked to have seen him used more for us, didn't he play for them before signing for London Welsh?. smiling smiley

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
10 December, 2017 19:07
Wouldn't be surprised considering he's only featured for the A team on a few occasions. It's a shame as the photos of him in pre season showed that he had trimmed down and I expected him to have a bigger role this season.

He seems like a really decent chap too.

alas (IP Logged)
10 December, 2017 22:03
Not next season, but immediately according to this. [www.sudouest.fr]

Realistically, he was way down the pecking order at the Falcons.

pa8 (IP Logged)
11 December, 2017 11:39
Behind Nili Latu and Ryan Burrows in the order of things. Burrows has a great game on Saturday with a couple of good bullocking charges downfield. Was looking forward to seeing the slimmed down version of Fonua but not to be by that article.

Andy Mac (IP Logged)
13 December, 2017 19:21
Great player on the hoof but defensively suspect, IMO.

If he goes I don't think it'll weaken us. Burrows & Graham have looked great last few weeks.

Exiled Falcon (IP Logged)
13 December, 2017 21:09
Sadly Burrows’ lot seems to be exclusively to cup games. Would love to see how m get a few league games.

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
14 December, 2017 08:49
Wouldn’t be a great loss on the field
Burrows Chick Hogg all ahead of him for a bench slot

Kingkiko2 (IP Logged)
14 December, 2017 10:40
I know what everyone means but I would still like to see him get one more throw at the dice, especially if trimmer, as he’s different to the others.

17 December, 2017 09:32
Looks like he las left according to reports on twitter. Best of luck to him.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
17 December, 2017 09:58
Still some formalities to conclude just yet.

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
17 December, 2017 21:02
If Fonuas contract is bought out could we see the money invested in this season squad with a late addition?

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
18 December, 2017 07:48
Seems more likely he will be allowed to go. I can't see us negotiating much money for his contract but at least it will save a bit on the wage bill.

alas (IP Logged)
19 December, 2017 16:23
Now confirmed. [www.newcastlefalcons.co.uk]

19 December, 2017 16:49
A shame really but he's seemingly quite far down the pecking order.

GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
19 December, 2017 18:34
I'd like to see the stats on how many times He knocked on during games. I often though he went out with grease on his hands.

Burrows is a way better player.

aidanb (IP Logged)
19 December, 2017 23:40
I bet he wouldn’t drop a bag of chips.

Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
20 December, 2017 08:19
He looked really trim in the last A team game at KP - Burrows does look a better runner from the base of the scrum though

mannin (IP Logged)
20 December, 2017 10:22
Under-utilised in my opinion but better to give him a chance to get some game time elsewhere and free up some money if he's not needed.

Would like to see Wilson - Burrows - Welch in the AP.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
20 December, 2017 11:52
Quote:
aidanb
I bet he wouldn’t drop a bag of chips.

(Sm22)

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
20 December, 2017 12:21
Maybe he didn't get a fair run, but I do think we have better options like Burrows for example who I would like to see get more game time. smiling smiley

DeceptivePace (IP Logged)
20 December, 2017 13:39
Fonua was hampered by a clear lack of conditioning prior to this season, as well as having the likes of Latu, Hogg, Chick and now Burrows all competing for the shirt.

mannin (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 11:19
Straight into the Agen team at 8 vs La Rochelle. Played pretty well.

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 08:09
Didn’t make the match day 23 this week

07 January, 2018 09:53
I only watched 5 minutes of the La Rochelle Agen game last weekend and he was partly at fault the try during that period. He just jogged towards the runner. Reminded me of the Visser try he conceded last season. I'm not surprised that he has been let go.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net