rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Sunday 23 December v Gloucester Rugby at Kingston Park, 3.00pm

Sunday 30 December v Bristol Bears at Ashton Gate, 3.00pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 8-21 Edinburgh Rugby

Euro Kit
Cantabrian (IP Logged)
12 December, 2017 12:05
It's been a regular topic on this board, but in the past few seasons I reckon our kits have become pretty undistinguished.

However, on Saturday the Falcons Euro strip looked distinctive and classy. We looked like a proper rugby team with a real heritage not a lookalike clutter of body ads on an anonymous dark strip of which there seem to be many these days.

I'd love to see us playing home games in something similar next season like green, black and white hoops. I know I may be old fashioned, but I think it would give us a more memorable identity, better branding and reflect the long history of our club. What do others think?

Re: Euro Kit
CharlieDog (IP Logged)
12 December, 2017 13:07
100% agree - I think black, green and white could look brilliant if well designed

aidanb (IP Logged)
12 December, 2017 13:14
I love the Euro kit for this year.

The club made a conscious decision not to go black and white so as not to alienate a section of fans who would no wholly appreciate a link with one of the football clubs.

DJMc (IP Logged)
12 December, 2017 14:48
I am showing my age but it was a joy to see the Falcons run out in a " proper" kit. The green and white hooped shirt, green and white hooped socks and white shorts looked classic ( as it happens also the same colours as my home city, Salisbury). I have to wait another 13 days before I can wear my replica.

Robs (IP Logged)
12 December, 2017 14:57
Quote:
DJMc
I am showing my age but it was a joy to see the Falcons run out in a " proper" kit. The green and white hooped shirt, green and white hooped socks and white shorts looked classic ( as it happens also the same colours as my home city, Salisbury). I have to wait another 13 days before I can wear my replica.
As I'm sure you are aware they are the colours brought to Gosforth by the Durham School ODs (old boys) that started that Club

DJMc (IP Logged)
12 December, 2017 16:04
Yes, I remember reading the history of the colours, it just so happens that the self same colours are the same as Salisbury.

17Roundabouts (IP Logged)
12 December, 2017 19:07
Count me in as a fan and I love the replica long sleeved shirt I got as soon as it came out

DB23 (IP Logged)
12 December, 2017 19:10
I like the Euro kit and would also like a home kit using black, white and green hoops.

There isnít much you can design into an all black kit but New Zealand seem happy with theirs!

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
12 December, 2017 20:00
I like black for home kit & green/white for Euro.

exhooker (IP Logged)
12 December, 2017 23:00
Interesting that DMcJ should say what he did because I rushed out and bought one the minute I saw it, not least because it took me back to the Wiltshire shirt I wore many moons ago.I love it

dick g (IP Logged)
13 December, 2017 06:31
We had black and green hoops after John Hall took over Gosforth. It was a simple variation on the Gos white and green to indicate the newly established link with the Magpies. It was smart, but didn't last long.

cumbrian_falcon (IP Logged)
13 December, 2017 10:17
Really like the european one, pity the cotton version sold out so quick. hopefully if they do it again they get bigger stock in

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net