rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Sunday 21 October v Montpellier at Kingston Park, 1.00pm

Sunday 28 October v Exeter Chiefs at Kingston Park, 3.00pm (Cup)

Last result: Toulon 25-26 Newcastle Falcons (!!!)

John Wells and Dorian West
pityacker (IP Logged)
13 December, 2017 17:20
The latest rumour from Rugby Inside Line re Falcons is that John Wells is looking to go into teaching and Falcons are after Dorian West to replace him.

Re: John Wells and Dorian West
AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
13 December, 2017 18:40
Sorry to say but I really hope this doesn't happen. smiling smiley

pityacker (IP Logged)
13 December, 2017 18:43
I think most supporters wont want West at KP.

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
13 December, 2017 19:46
It sounded like West was the main problem at Saints and that is coming from former players. smiling smiley

Greggs (IP Logged)
13 December, 2017 20:50
Quote:
AFalcon24

I'm going to second this.

Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
14 December, 2017 08:09
Quote:
Greggs
Quote:
AFalcon24

I'm going to third it

dick g (IP Logged)
14 December, 2017 08:15
Quote:
Bedlington Lad
Quote:
Greggs
Quote:
AFalcon24

I'm going to third it

And a 4th.

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
14 December, 2017 08:48
John Wells remit at KP is defence coach and Dorian West is forwards coach at Saints
This would not be a like for like swap
If Wells was to leave let’s have Laycock promoted to the defence role and let Micky Ward assume more responsibility

Kingkiko2 (IP Logged)
14 December, 2017 10:42
I wouldn’t think it would happen as it goes against what DR is trying to do eg give people a chance, promote from within etc. Take Walder being head coach for example!

Xanderman (IP Logged)
14 December, 2017 12:33
Unless he's wanting to retire or there's been a major falling out and he's being let go I can't see this happening at all. Why on earth would Wells want to leave a premiership rugby job?

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
14 December, 2017 18:03
I'll back whatever the club decide.

GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
20 December, 2017 15:47
West was considered a big part of the success Northampton were having...however looks like they have all become stale and are causing internal conflict now.

It may be that a new fresh challenge would revitalise West...

Im pretty sure not many were happy with Wells joining us from a failed England set up, but he has come through pretty well.

Be interesting to see what happens as this rumour has been doing the rounds for a few months now...so there may well be something in it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net