rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Saturday 20th January v Enisei-STM at Avchala Stadium (Tbilisi), 10.00am UK time

Saturday 27th January v Bath Rugby at The Recreation Ground, 3.00pm (AW Cup)

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 64-7 Enisei-STM

Team for Quins
Osric (IP Logged)
17 December, 2017 08:06
Hmm. A tricky one.

Hammersley
Goneva
Harris
Matavesi/Socino
Radwan/Sinoti
Willis/Flood
Takulua/Stuart

Lockwood
Cooper/Sowrey/Lawson/Socino?
Welsh/Wilson
Green
Witty
Wilson/Latu
Welch/Graham
Burrows

Extras as above plus another prop, minus a back and two hookers, and a back row, plus Robinson.

Unpick that. It isn't straightforward and with the return of Lockwood, the emergence of Burrows and Graham etc etc we are in a good place. Mermoz, DTH, Hodgson, Vickers, Olmstead, Tait etc etc?!?

Re: Team for Quins
Kingkiko2 (IP Logged)
17 December, 2017 08:12
Tait
Radwan
Harris
Socino
Goneva
Willis
Takalua
Burrows
Latu
Wilson
Witty
Green
Welsh
Cooper
Vickers

Lockwood
Socino
Wilson
Olmstead
Welch
Stuart
Flood
Sinoti

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
17 December, 2017 08:17
As commented on the Dragons match thread, it really is going to be a difficult challenge for Deano and co to select the squad let alone the first team. There will be some players who will be justifiably disappointed. I'd go for this:

1. Lockwood
2. Cooper
3. Welsh
4. Green
5. Witty
6. M Wilson
7. Welch
8. Burrows
9. Takelua
10. Flood
11. Sinoti
12. Matavesi
13. Harris
14. Goneva
15. Tait

16. Vickers
17. S Socino
18. S Wilson
19. Robinson
20. Latu
21. Hodgson
22. JPS
23. Radwan

You'd argue that the likes of Graham, Sowery, Hammersley, Willis, Stuart would be amongst those unlucky to feature. You've also got players like DTH and Mermoz in the reserves match. I couldn't argue if any of these players are selected. Just goes to cement what I said in the first paragraph.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/12/2017 08:19 by NorfolkFalcon.

aidanb (IP Logged)
17 December, 2017 09:19
1 Vickers
2 Cooper
3 Welch
4 Witty
5 Robinson
6 M Wilson
7 Welsh
8 Burrows

9 Takalua
10 Flood
11 Sin Sin
12 Matavesi
13 Harris
14 Geneva
15 Hammersley

16 Lockwood
17 Sowery
18 S Wilson
19 Green
20 Latu
21 Hodgson
22 Tait
23 JP Socino

lizard118 (IP Logged)
17 December, 2017 10:34
I like that team Norfolk, although I prefer Willis on our surface. With a quick surface I just feel the running game that Willis brings suits us better on a 3G surface.

I see a back row of Welch at 6; Graham at 7 and Wilson at 8 with Latu coming of the bench. Otherwise happy with that first 15.

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
17 December, 2017 11:28
I also like Willis but I feel that we need to play Takelua/Flood at every opportunity. I still think that Flood will turn out to be a very good signing and they will only improve together with more gametime.

Hodgson has shown his worth as an impact sub and is more versatile which is the only reason why I selected him ahead of Willis on the bench. If either Flood or Willis are selected to start I would be in favour.

I could easily pick between Graham and Welch at 7 but Welch pips it as he has had 2 weeks off and is the club captain, whereas Graham has played the last 3 games (maybe more).

Falcons_Thunder (IP Logged)
17 December, 2017 11:43
Quote:
NorfolkFalcon
As commented on the Dragons match thread, it really is going to be a difficult challenge for Deano and co to select the squad let alone the first team. There will be some players who will be justifiably disappointed. I'd go for this:
1. Lockwood
2. Cooper
3. Welsh
4. Green
5. Witty
6. M Wilson
7. Welch
8. Burrows
9. Takelua
10. Flood
11. Sinoti
12. Matavesi
13. Harris
14. Goneva
15. Tait

16. Vickers
17. S Socino
18. S Wilson
19. Robinson
20. Latu
21. Hodgson
22. JPS
23. Radwan

You'd argue that the likes of Graham, Sowery, Hammersley, Willis, Stuart would be amongst those unlucky to feature. You've also got players like DTH and Mermoz in the reserves match. I couldn't argue if any of these players are selected. Just goes to cement what I said in the first paragraph.

+1 that would be my team, minus Hodgson for Willis

alnwickfalcon (IP Logged)
17 December, 2017 11:53
1. Lockwood
2. Cooper
3. Welsh
4. Green
5. Witty
6. M Wilson
7. Welch
8. Burrows
9. Takelua
10. Flood
11. Radwan/Sinoti
12. Matavesi
13. JPS
14. Goneva
15. Tait

16. Vickers
17. Sowery
18. S Wilson
19. Robinson
20. Latu
21. Hodgson
22. C Harris
23. Radwan/Sinoti

exhooker (IP Logged)
17 December, 2017 20:48
It's at times like this that I am glad I don't have to pick the team and am grateful for the abundance of talent available.We could at the moment select 2 23 man squads both of which equal anything we've had for a few years and we should offer our respect to the management and coaching staff.

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
17 December, 2017 21:06
Some difficult calls for Dean this week

Hammersley
Goneva
Harris
Matavesi
Sinoti
Flood
Takalua

Vickers
Cooper
Welsh
Witty
Robinson
Welch
Graham
Wilson

Lawson
Lockwood
Wilson
Green
Burrows
Stuart
Socino
Van Der Merve

Osric (IP Logged)
18 December, 2017 16:59
It is tricky. Of the recent newer starters I feel that Radwan, Graham, Burrows and Lockwood have all made a good case. It's great to see Scott W back but he may need a few more games.

As for hooker - what's the pecking order?

Cooper
Lawson
Sowery
Socino?

Any ordering seems harsh as they all bring something to the party.

aidanb (IP Logged)
19 December, 2017 14:49
I seem to be very noervous about this game and it's not even as if i can do anything about it

alas (IP Logged)
19 December, 2017 15:34
Expect the team will be:

Hammersley
Goneva
Harris
Socino
DTH
Flood
Takalua

Vickers
Cooper
Welsh
Green
Robinson
Welch
Wilson
Latu

Lawson
Lockwood
Wilson
Witty
Graham
Young
Hodgson
Matavesi/Tait

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net