rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Friday 20th April v Gloucester Rugby at Kingsholm, 7.45pm

Friday 27th April v Leicester Tigers at Welford Road, 7.45pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 35-30 Sale Sharks

Richards and the Saints
skip mcskipper (IP Logged)
18 December, 2017 09:02
Dean's been linked to the saint's job, with his contract up next year I was just wondering what people's thoughts were?

Re: Richards and the Saints
Leipziger (IP Logged)
18 December, 2017 09:21
I remember there being a bit of rebellion among Saints ST holders when they signed Corne Krige, it might happen again if Richards went there as I've seen plenty of people on their message board over the years refusing to forgive Bloodgate, or even move on from it when mentioning Deano.

trummy200 (IP Logged)
18 December, 2017 10:11
Unless he wants to return to his roots then he would be leaving a lot behind - That he has been a major part of the resurgence of the Falcons has to be very satisfying for him. - So hopefully he will stay put and continue the momentum that is under way at Kingston Park.
The Northampton supporters seemed to accept a certain Mr Clarke whom it could be argued should have been banned for life. At most clubs the supporters are well down the pecking order so any derision from them would not carry much weight anyway.Tigers got rid of Deano, there was uproar but it all settled down after a while.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/12/2017 12:58 by trummy200.

alnwickfalcon (IP Logged)
18 December, 2017 10:26
Its very interesting, The Rugby Paper had 2 separate articles on speculation that Dean will be going to Saints. My only concern would be that Dean hasn't signed a new contract and his current contract runs out this summer.

I'd be very disappointed if Dean left.

lizard118 (IP Logged)
18 December, 2017 10:35
He appears happy and settled, so can only put it down to the usual speculation. He has a nice situation at KP and everything is moving in the right direction. Can't see it happening myself.

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
18 December, 2017 11:04
Hope he stays to be honest, just imagine Richards went to Saints and Mallinder took charge of us. grinning smiley

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
18 December, 2017 12:19
As mentioned before, I find it difficult to believe that a self proclaimed top English club would be willing to offer Deano a chance due to his past history. They won't want the risk of the backlash from the fans.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
18 December, 2017 12:39
Saints supporter have to be 'avin a larf if they criticise Deano after forgiving Dylan Hartley for his many sins, year after year.

I would be mightily disappointed id Deano were to leave, but I imagine that Saints can offer a huge amount of cash which we can't, so we will just have to see what happens.

aidanb (IP Logged)
18 December, 2017 14:04
I can't see any good reason for anyone to hold a grudge like that mentioned above.

Deano will hopefully stay with us as he's got a great set-up here.

But let's face it, these days the pro game means money talks

lizard118 (IP Logged)
18 December, 2017 14:08
Apparently now it's Gatland they want.

dick g (IP Logged)
19 December, 2017 08:00
Quote:
AFalcon24
Hope he stays to be honest, just imagine Richards went to Saints and Mallinder took charge of us. grinning smiley

Whoops! I think you may have just started a rumour. Let's see how far it goes.

Kwa444 (IP Logged)
19 December, 2017 19:55
Might leave his old mucker West in a pickle if Saints have already decided to part company with him and Deano leaves Falcons. Sort of falling between the chairs so to speak.

Robs (IP Logged)
19 December, 2017 21:01
Quote:
NorfolkFalcon
As mentioned before, I find it difficult to believe that a self proclaimed top English club would be willing to offer Deano a chance due to his past history. They won't want the risk of the backlash from the fans.

We took him and I don't think many of us lashed the Clubs back.

I have to disagree. I believe most fans have moved on. He paid the price and served his time
It's history

Exiled Falcon (IP Logged)
19 December, 2017 21:12
To be fair it was a mutually beneficial arrangement.....Deano got a gig with a Premiership Club after his enforced period of rest and we got a proven DOR. Both have done really well out of it.

steve1888 (IP Logged)
20 December, 2017 08:10
He hadn't distanced himself from this one like he has others..... Yet

dick g (IP Logged)
20 December, 2017 08:29
Quote:
steve1888
He hadn't distanced himself from this one like he has others..... Yet

What has he to distance himself from? All that has happened is that a couple of journalists have suggested, quite correctly, that Deano would fit the bill for Saints. I have yet to see even a hint that an approach has been made or is likely.

nook10 (IP Logged)
20 December, 2017 09:06
If and when Dean decides to go I think we now have a good enough team to run the falcons without bringing in an outsider.

alas (IP Logged)
20 December, 2017 09:41
You always need to bring in an outsider from time to time to provide a new prospective. Plus coaching and DoR is not the same thing. Anyway, I'd be surprised if Richards leaves in the near future.

Kwa444 (IP Logged)
20 December, 2017 20:16
I think that Richards has a point to prove after Quins.

Don't forget his team won the AP a season or two after his departure. The loss of the credit for that achievement in taking them from the Championship to Champions of England will burn.

He can set the record straight at Falcons....

aidanb (IP Logged)
21 December, 2017 08:08
Having listened to a few podcasts etc about the situation with former players being accused of slagging of Dorian West I was never convinced they actually said it as badly as reported.

Dylan Hartley doesn’t think they have a point either

[amp.theguardian.com]

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
22 December, 2017 19:10
Dean linked with Wuss tonight during BT Sport coverage of Wuss vs Irish
First I have heard of this link

Kwa444 (IP Logged)
22 December, 2017 19:49
Bearing in mind Wuss may not be in wuss or existence in the future, I would think that is a bit of a stretch.

However perhaps his agent/representative is making sure that we pay the going rate for his new contract in the summer. Which is fair enough.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/12/2017 19:50 by Kwa444.

steve1888 (IP Logged)
22 December, 2017 20:21
Wasn't it between us and Wuss when he made his return?

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
22 December, 2017 21:15
Quote:
steve1888
Wasn't it between us and Wuss when he made his return?

It was indeed, but Wuss wouldn't guarantee him the resources & autonomy, make of that what you will. Also, Deano loves the great outdoors, and we have lots of the stuff. Those were the factors that made it a 'no brainer' according to somebody who was right in the middle of it all at the time, same person that I believe you heard it from Steve.

Kwa444 (IP Logged)
22 December, 2017 23:12
Doubt many sides would guarantee resources and autonomy to be honest. I am sure we do though our resources are more limited. I can't see Saints allowing autonomy particularly, which in practice was what caused Deano's issues at Leicester.

steve1888 (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 07:11
Exactly Monkey, can't see him leaving what he's started for Wuss as surely there's even for ticks in our column now. Saints may well interest him given all that comes with them though and I wouldn't hold his against him if I'm perfectly honest.

trummy200 (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 10:50
Well thats Wuss out of the equation apparently
[www.bbc.co.uk]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net