rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Saturday 20th January v Enisei-STM at Avchala Stadium (Tbilisi), 10.00am UK time

Saturday 27th January v Bath Rugby at The Recreation Ground, 3.00pm (AW Cup)

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 64-7 Enisei-STM

Potential Sell Out Against Quins
NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
18 December, 2017 19:22
All sold apart from a quarter in south stand, half in the north stand and a pocket in the east stand. Looks like it'll be busy Saturday.

Re: Potential Sell Out Against Quins
markismith50 (IP Logged)
18 December, 2017 19:44
Get in early if you want tickets, and especially if you want a roof

Wensleydale Falcon (IP Logged)
18 December, 2017 20:09
Come on folks,let's get as many along as possible. Another sell out would be awesome!!

skip mcskipper (IP Logged)
19 December, 2017 06:03
A sell out would be nice

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
19 December, 2017 07:46
Sell out + a good performance by the team (their track record for busy games at KP is best not talked about) + a win against Quins.

As a Christmas present that would be hard to beat.

aidanb (IP Logged)
19 December, 2017 11:10
just going off what was quoted at the top

a quarter of the south and half of the north could be as much as 3000 tickets not sold yet - approximately

being generous that could be as little as 2000 tickets to be sold

8000 in the ground will be brilliant regardless.
10000 will be excellent

markismith50 (IP Logged)
19 December, 2017 11:31
I wrote an article on Friday saying we'd done around 8,000 at that point.

Hopefully we can achieve another sell-out. Certainly the South Stand is selling at a rate of knots, seats are already gone, and the North and East Terraces are always the last to get sold.

Help us spread the word and let's get to 10,100!

Cheers
Smithy

Robs (IP Logged)
19 December, 2017 18:04
Quote:
markismith50
?...the North and East Terraces are always the last to get sold
Smithy

Interesting that
The cheapest places being the last to sell....

markismith50 (IP Logged)
19 December, 2017 18:19
Indeed. We tend to find itís the dearest seats which often go first. Possibly a legacy of smaller crowds where people get used to buying on the day in standing areas. I wonít pretend to have all the answers but itís always the way, North and East terrace being the last to go.

19 December, 2017 20:04
I'm definitely a south stand fan. I enjoy the atmosphere and there's no better feeling standing up on the terraces. Can't wait for my next trip.

Robs (IP Logged)
19 December, 2017 20:56
Quote:
markismith50
Indeed. We tend to find itís the dearest seats which often go first. Possibly a legacy of smaller crowds where people get used to buying on the day in standing areas. I wonít pretend to have all the answers but itís always the way, North and East terrace being the last to go.

What conclusions do we draw from this?:

Newcastle rugby crowds are more affluent?
Prices could be increased across the board?
A high proportion of the crowd need/want to sit?
Newcastle crowds are softer ? (Need cover from the elements)
I'm sure brighter people than me (at the club) have pondered over these questions

markismith50 (IP Logged)
19 December, 2017 21:16
The seats-to-standing ratio is something we get asked about a lot as seats do sell quickly for big games. Hopefully the new North Stand will help with this if the application is approved. As things stand demand comfortably outstrips supply for seats.

Osric (IP Logged)
19 December, 2017 21:33
Personal choice but I like standing and I'm a happy north stander.

Robs (IP Logged)
19 December, 2017 23:26
Quote:
Osric

Absolutely
Please please please maintain a standing option on the East Terrace
In fact I'd be quite prepared to pay more to stand
( I know I could if I went in the South Stand but don't forget there are some of us who don't like to scream "forward pass" or "offside" from behind the try line!! And some of us who are still capable of standing!!)

aidanb (IP Logged)
19 December, 2017 23:38
Quote:
Robs
Quote:
Osric

Absolutely
( I know I could if I went in the South Stand but don't forget there are some of us who don't like to scream "forward pass" or "offside" from behind the try line!! And some of us who are still capable of standing!!)

I wish the muppet who stands about 6 rows below my usual spot in the South Stand would understand the irony of abusing a ref about supposed "forward pass" or "offside" omissions.

Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
20 December, 2017 08:18
As a South Stander it is the best place to spot a forward pass and offside from

20 December, 2017 08:18
As a South Stander it is the best place to spot a forward pass and offside from (Sm100)

aidanb (IP Logged)
20 December, 2017 08:20
Quote:
Bedlington Lad
As a South Stander it is the best place to spot a forward pass and offside from (Sm100)

Donít get me wrong , Iíve called offside and forward passes also - but with no way of being right

cumbrian_falcon (IP Logged)
20 December, 2017 11:13
Quote:
Robs
Quote:
Osric

Absolutely

Agreed love standing on the east terrace, for the reasons above as well plus the touch judges appreciate all the helpful feedback

Leipziger (IP Logged)
20 December, 2017 11:54
Quote:
Bedlington Lad

Completely :-)

I guess there are maybe a few hundred expensive seats, whereas there are thousands of standing spots, so if the same amount of each were sold then the seats would definitely be sold out first. People who've not been to rugby before might prefer to sit too if they are more used to things like football or the theatre, and only stand if there are no seats. Just a few guesses.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
20 December, 2017 12:01
Quote:
Bedlington Lad

I can only agree. For a few years I had to sit in the West Stand, and I found it difficult to spot forward passes, offsides & wonky throws into line-outs, especially when they happened right in front of me. Now in the South Stand however, with the advantage of being at completely the wrong angle and often a long way from the action, I find it much easier to see these things and advise Sir as to his best course of action.

aidanb (IP Logged)
20 December, 2017 12:45
Quote:
Monkey1
Quote:
Bedlington Lad

I can only agree. For a few years I had to sit in the West Stand, and I found it difficult to spot forward passes, offsides & wonky throws into line-outs, especially when they happened right in front of me. Now in the South Stand however, with the advantage of being at completely the wrong angle and often a long way from the action, I find it much easier to see these things and advise Sir as to his best course of action.

so are you the Muppet I mention above (Sm115)(Sm115)(Sm115)

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
20 December, 2017 13:04
Quote:
aidanb

Certainly not. When I advise Sir I don't shout, I ask my PA to write it from a dictation that I make quietly in the privacy of my study, then the butler puts it in the post.

dick g (IP Logged)
20 December, 2017 13:10
Quote:
Monkey1
Quote:
aidanb

Certainly not. When I advise Sir I don't shout, I ask my PA to write it from a dictation that I make quietly in the privacy of my study, then the butler puts it in the post.

My butler is usually far too busy so I give the posting jobs to one of my footmen.

20 December, 2017 13:51
No I stand right at the back of the stand cursing quietly to myself

aidanb (IP Logged)
20 December, 2017 14:35
Itís alright fellas

I donít think The Muppet has the fingers for using keyboards.

Osric (IP Logged)
20 December, 2017 17:24
How many tix sold?

markismith50 (IP Logged)
20 December, 2017 18:26
Last count this afternoon there were about 1,400 left, mostly north and east terrace.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
20 December, 2017 19:17
Weather forecast is for a dry & warm day so hopefully that will help.

Leipziger (IP Logged)
21 December, 2017 11:16
Quote:
Monkey1
Quote:
aidanb

(Sm22)

markismith50 (IP Logged)
21 December, 2017 11:37
Fewer than 1,000 tickets left for the game as of noon on Thursday. All seats sold, fewer than 100 spots left in the South Stand with decent availability in the North and East terraces.

At current rates you run the risk of missing out of you leave it til match day to buy your ticket, and plus it's cheaper anyway if you buy in advance.

Hope you can excuse the sales plug, but we'd hate anyone to miss it.

toastie1 (IP Logged)
21 December, 2017 11:39
On a more serious note guys, ( honestly,you'd think it was Xmas, all this joviality !) are there any plans, do you know, to "terrace" the South-East standing area ? It's my favourite spot but if i'm not there an hour before kick-off, which i don't actually mind, there's inevitably some huge guy in front of me blocking the pitch view entirely !

Robs (IP Logged)
21 December, 2017 11:50
Quote:
toastie1
On a more serious note guys, ....there's inevitably some huge guy in front of me blocking the pitch view entirely !
Sorry

toastie1 (IP Logged)
21 December, 2017 11:52
Ah, so it's you !

aidanb (IP Logged)
21 December, 2017 12:13
Quote:
toastie1
On a more serious note guys, ( honestly,you'd think it was Xmas, all this joviality !) are there any plans, do you know, to "terrace" the South-East standing area ? It's my favourite spot but if i'm not there an hour before kick-off, which i don't actually mind, there's inevitably some huge guy in front of me blocking the pitch view entirely !

If you lokke here

you can see the plans in the documents tab

it looks like the south east section will not be much at all and prob just an access path in front of the cycle section

the north east terrace looks like it will become the fan zone

but neither looks like they have raised sections

it seems the plans might be moving the standing fans in the south stand or north stand

Robs (IP Logged)
21 December, 2017 14:46
Is the "fan zone" on the plan a place where fans can stand & watch the game?
It doesn't look like it to me

Leipziger (IP Logged)
21 December, 2017 16:31
Quote:
Robs
Is the "fan zone" on the plan a place where fans can stand & watch the game?
It doesn't look like it to me

I'd have thought it'd be something like Northampton have behind their stand with the lake, an area with bars and food vans for people to drink and chat pre and post-match.

Robs (IP Logged)
21 December, 2017 17:42
Oh B**ger!
Interesting concept the "fan zone" especially when the "fan" can't do what they're primarily there for!!!!

steve1888 (IP Logged)
21 December, 2017 20:46
Fan Zones are generally zones for fans to mingle? Great for adding to matchday. Sunderland even used to have one at footie and it was great.

Robs (IP Logged)
21 December, 2017 23:41
So,if you're a fan who just wants to watch the game whatever you do don't go in the fan zone
I get it
Simples

Robs (IP Logged)
21 December, 2017 23:43
Anyone got a spare set of binoculars?

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
22 December, 2017 08:03
Quote:
Robs
So,if you're a fan who just wants to watch the game whatever you do don't go in the fan zone
I get it
Simples

Erm, there will be a whole great stadium to watch the game from, bigger and better than ever before. In addition there will be more stuff for supporters to do, fan zones at other grounds are a superb bonus for the match day fun, and no doubt you will still be able to watch the game from that corner as the Fan Zone will be further back.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
22 December, 2017 08:32
The plans increase the stadium's capacity, not decrease it.

Seats are always the first thing to sell out so we're putting some more in to cater for demonstrable demand, and the East Terrace is generally the last place to sell out.

Clearly you can't please all of the people all of the time, nor would we expect to, but surely folk can see the logic in why we've decided to go the way we have.

steve1888 (IP Logged)
22 December, 2017 09:08
Seems very sensible to me Mark

Robs (IP Logged)
22 December, 2017 11:31
Absolutely
I'm just being a bit selfish as I like to stand as close to halfway as possible and my eyesight is not good enough to see the whole length of the pitch!
I'm really pleased with the proposals which clearly benefit the Club as a whole even if it means my own match day experience may/will be diminished .

alnwickfalcon (IP Logged)
22 December, 2017 13:36
I will be gutted when the East Terrace goes I appreciate the need to update the stadium to include new seats and revenue but It will be difficult to leave our spot at the wall as there are a good 10-15 of us who have been there for 7+ seasons.

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
22 December, 2017 17:40
Very much with the club on this one. Paying £30 to stand for 2 hours is a bit archaic. Seating is absolutely the way forward.looks smarter, attracts families , presumably some safety implications and just what the majority of people want. Obviously hard for the nostalgic amongst us but very much all for this.

alas (IP Logged)
22 December, 2017 17:52
Some people like to stand, some people like to sit. It makes sense to cater for both. However, it is often the standing areas that provide more noise and atmosphere.

22 December, 2017 18:42
Looks like it'll be a bumper crowd even if it doesn't sell out. Only a dozen or so spaces in the South Stand and under half left in the North Stand. Can't wait to see all of you Falcons on my feed tomorrow.

Be loud, be proud. We are the famous Falcons!

Robs (IP Logged)
22 December, 2017 19:38
Quote:
alnwickfalcon
I will be gutted when the East Terrace goes I appreciate the need to update the stadium to include new seats and revenue but It will be difficult to leave our spot at the wall as there are a good 10-15 of us who have been there for 7+ seasons.

21 seasons for me!

CRUCIBLE (IP Logged)
22 December, 2017 20:34
I really hope Nili Latu has a good game. His carries this season have yielded very little in terms of yards gained. His starting place must be coming under pressure from Ryan Burrows.

CRUCIBLE (IP Logged)
22 December, 2017 20:40
Sorry guys - wrong thread - should be on Falcons v Harlequins.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 08:16
Tickets are still available when lines open at 9am, call us on 08712266060 or pop down in person.

Cheers
Smithy

limpopo (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 11:23
Quote:
Rafpilot2000
Very much with the club on this one. Paying £30 to stand for 2 hours is a bit archaic. Seating is absolutely the way forward.looks smarter, attracts families , presumably some safety implications and just what the majority of people want. Obviously hard for the nostalgic amongst us but very much all for this.

Very much with you there RAF2000.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 12:26
I am rubbish at watching rugby while sitting down. I can do it, but I look like somebody who desperately needs the toilet but has his shoes glued to the floor, and at the same time is having some sort of fit.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net