rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Saturday 20th January v Enisei-STM at Avchala Stadium (Tbilisi), 10.00am UK time

Saturday 27th January v Bath Rugby at The Recreation Ground, 3.00pm (AW Cup)

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 64-7 Enisei-STM

Doddie's Burns Supper, 25th January.
Monkey1 (IP Logged)
22 December, 2017 10:19
The Supporters Club is joining forces with some ex Falcons players in hosting a Burns Supper on Thursday, 25th January, 2018 in aid of Doddie Weir's charity. I am pleased to tell you that tickets for this fantastic event are now available and are priced at 35.00 per person. This is not a Supporters Club bash, we are just helping in a few ways. It is open to all Falcons supporters & is the brilliant idea of former Falcons & Scotland great Stuart Grimes. There will be Falcons players old & new, a chance to renew acquaintances and have fun in aid of a very good cause.

There have already been a number of high-profile dinners & events to support Doddie's charitable efforts, but this one is to be a bit different, something that we ordinary supporters can join in with to show our support and affection for the big man. Instead of fancy auctions there will be ordinary raffles, and I promise that the dessert will make you laugh.

Stuart & other former players will be walking the haggis from the Scottish border at Carter Bar, all the way to Kingston Park over two days, to help raise awareness of Motor Neurone Disease. There will be opportunities to join them for the last part of the walk, details will be posted up soon. Do please support them in this noble effort.

If you would like to join us and ex Falcons players on what I am sure will be a memorable evening, please email Emma Lane at laneemma@hotmail.com to confirm how many tickets you would like. Emma will then reply confirming availability, and you will have 7 days to buy your reserved tickets. They are on a first come first served basis so best to book early to secure your place.

It will be an evening that you won't forget, possibly a bit emotional for we older supporters who remember Doddie well, but definitely good fun with plenty of laughs, all for a very good cause.

Thank you.

Re: Doddie's Burns Supper, 25th January.
Monkey1 (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 17:32
The walking group who will carry the haggis nearly 50 miles from Carter Bar to Kingston Park is a selection of Falcons legends, many of course from the same playing era as Doddie:

Stuart Grimes
James Cartmell
Garath Archer
Pete Massey
Jim Naylor
Ian Peel
Michael Stephenson
Gary Armstrong
Hugh Vyvyan
Possibly also joined by our very own Micky Ward if he is allowed time off work for good behaviour.

There is now a Justgiving page for those who would like to make a donation www.justgiving.com/haggishike

Re: Doddie's Burns Supper, 25th January.
Monkey1 (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 09:23
My faith in human nature is sometimes massively restored. We need a couple of orange flashing roof lights for the support vehicles on the walk. I went into Carrs Billington, our local agricultural place to get them this morning. They had loads of different types so he asked what they were for. I told him about a load of nutters walking from Scotland to KP, he asked if it was for charity, I mentioned Doddie. He knew all about Doddie.

Not only did he put a stupid price on them that had to be less than cost, he also gave me a fiver to put in the pot. There really are some great people in this world.
(Sm152)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net