rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Friday 21 September v Exeter Chiefs at Kingston Park, 7.45pm

Friday 28 September v Wasps at Kingston Park, 7.45pm

Last result: Worcester Warriors 20-23 Newcastle Falcons

Falcons Win!
NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 17:04
Bloody hell that game has given me one hell of a migraine!

We played really well first half but we weren't clinical enough. One of the Witty or Graham runs should have been scored. That would have made the second half a little bit easier to deal with. We were pretty poor. I'm going to put that down to the wind which was causing havoc. We still defended resiliently in our own 22.

Merry Christmas Falcons! Onwards and upwards against Irish for the last match of the year.

Re: Falcons Win!
AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 17:09
What a win great stuff. smiling smiley

trummy200 (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 17:17
Phew! Looking forward to watching the replay. Merry Christmas to one and all.

exhooker (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 17:39
This season we have played 17 won 12 and lost 5. Splendid. Even more splendid when you realise that 6 of our 12 wins have been by 1 or 2 points.

alas (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 17:50
Both sides played one good half and one poor one. The Falcons just about deserved to win because they had slightly more power and Quins lost their discipline at times. The Falcons will need to find an 80 minute performance when the Chiefs come to town.

skip mcskipper (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 18:04
Probably the best 1st half of rugby the falcons have played this season. But a win is a win however ugly. Merry Christmas y'all

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 18:42
That sets things up nicely for turkey & all the trimmings.

Christmas officially started this afternoon just before 5pm when the clock went dead, KP went a bit nuts, and may I wish the merriest of all Christmases to all rugby supporters of every club & nation.

Have a good one.
(Sm128)

Wensleydale Falcon (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 19:18
How an earth can you say we were pretty poor Norfolk Falcon?
It was always going to be a game of two halves in those conditions.
I though defensively in the second half we were outstanding...several turnovers at crucial times.
Closed the game out in a very professional manner in the last 5 minutes.
Let's give the boys the credit that they deserve today against a very strong Quinn's side....!!
Just a quick word on the noise levels in those last 5 minutes......"AWESOME"

DB23 (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 19:57
We played well in the first half with some smart passing and movement.

We lapsed into our previous habit of starting slowly in the second half but managed to hold out to win with some good, disciplined defending. More turnovers by Cooper was my highlight, he plays like a top seven at the breakdown.

Half of the season gone and comfortably mid-table, a nice place to be and hoping we can kick on again for the second half of the season.

Best wishes to all for the festive season and for 2018.

Leipziger (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 20:04
What a great win, ground it out in the end. Great first half when we should have scored lots more points, then dogged defence in the second half when under pressure. Cooper and Sinoti (before he went off) were outstanding and Flood, Green and the centres played quite well too. Best part of the day for us was obviously having Baby Leipy at her first Falcons game :-)

Great early Christmas present, cheers Falcons! Merry Christmas everyone and here's to a big 2018!

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 20:18
I think a couple of seasons ago or so we would of lost that I think, it shows how far we have come. smiling smiley

Greggs (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 21:51
Quote:
AFalcon24
I think a couple of seasons ago or so we would of lost that I think, it shows how far we have come. smiling smiley

This, this and thrice this. We ground that result out in the end and I'm delighted that we did. The defence was spectacularly good, I thought. To be fair, Quins' was as well - they may be having a duff season but look at their personnel. This sort of win is what separates the top teams from the also-rans.

In terms of missed opportunities, the glaring one for me was when Nili Latu (who otherwise had an absolute stormer) had two men on the overlap and didn't pass. From my position in the pauper stand, that would've been a try.

We may be mid-table, but we're only 3 points off Sarries in third. Three teams on 28. Exciting season, this.

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 21:56
Quinn’s are a class outfit and in the second half they were playing top rugby with their tails up. England internationals a plenty and we still held out. We demonstrates great attack in the first half and resolute defence in the second. Great win. Lots of drama, plenty of passion and the right result.

pa8 (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 22:18
Very gritty performance in the second half. Probably left a few points out there in the first half but great defence in the second, some good turnovers at crucial times. Good to see we can win the tight games.

jokboy (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 22:54
What a win against an international line up get in

Osric (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 08:14
A great first half and some strong defence in the second. I'm (very) biased but I thought we thoroughly deserved it. Pleased to see some stronger propping options available to us. Hope Sinoti's headache has cleared.

24 December, 2017 08:19
Sinoti was a pain in the @rse for Quins. Let's prey that his head is okay.

He was taken off permanently without an HIA. Does he still have to take the HIA protocols so he won't be available against Irish?

aidanb (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 09:12
He will have to undergo the full return to play protocol regardless of how he was taken off yesterday.

For me it should be a while before he comes back in

DTH
Radwan
Kibirige

We are well stocked

aidanb (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 09:13
What happed to Scott Wilson ?

24 December, 2017 09:34
I saw that Radwan went off in the first half for Mowden Park, assume that's an injury. You're right, even then we have DTH, Tait and Kibirige.

24 December, 2017 10:00
been a while since ive posted on here.....anyway yesterday!!

a great dogged win which was ground out in the second half. the first half was great and we should have been at least 3 tries to the good as we basically kept the ball for 35 mins i think a bit of white line fever took hold with one or two, a bit more heads up rugby would have had us 20 points in front but hey ho...
thought Graham was great Socino was a menace Flood had his best 40 mins. i would like us to mix plays up a bit more and take it on around the rucks on occasion just to keep defences honest as at times we are a bit too lateral but im being picky.
Flood did look knackered in the second half he was stretching after 45 mins maybe he needs a good full season to get back up to speed?!
still after the debacle of our last home game when i lets feeling very let down by the players it feels great to be a falcon again and christmas is feeling good.

question - when was the last time (prem) we had a positive win loss ratio at the halfway point of a season?

Merry Christmas to one and all(Sm128)

ps some people on other boards need to wake up and give the so called smaller teams some credit this season it seems to me they think the only reason they are not performing is down to them playing poorly not down to not being allowed play as they want.

GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 10:58
Gary Graham has been am outstanding signing. Why is Burrows not used though??!

Ps I've never known such arrogant fans as Quins...victory was a format apparently . Sheer arrogance

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 12:39
Quote:
GeordieFalcon
Gary Graham has been am outstanding signing. Why is Burrows not used though??!
Ps I've never known such arrogant fans as Quins...victory was a format apparently . Sheer arrogance

As I said before, please do not tar us all with the same brush. A look at our forum will show that is not the case for the majority

Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
25 December, 2017 09:10
Merry Christmas all! I didn't appreciate the conditions until I walked back to the car, real game of two halves. I hope Sinotti is ok. After banging the drum for Willis I thought Flood
had a fine game, I would have made Mark Wilson MoM. My only gripe is the odd kick over the top or grubber to keep defences honest could help I think.

trummy200 (IP Logged)
25 December, 2017 22:19
Has anyone tried watching the replay on Premier Rugby site? The second half replay appears to be total garbage with bits being repeated and other bits missing -very disappointing - (and a good look at a pair of trouser legs at the end!)

longservice (IP Logged)
26 December, 2017 19:48
Yes I've had the same problems. Totally rubbish.

A tramp abroad (IP Logged)
26 December, 2017 21:28
Me too, I gave up so didn't get as far as the trouser legs!

markismith50 (IP Logged)
26 December, 2017 21:39
BT Sport website has a 16-minute highlights edit and is generally the first place to see them online (their app is even quicker but you can’t link from it).

26 December, 2017 22:45
BT coverage of all things rugby is brilliant. Head and shoulders above Sky. Recommend you get access if you haven't.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net