rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Friday 27-Saturday 28 July Premiership Sevens at Franklin's Gardens

Saturday 11 August v Nottingham Rugby at Kingston Park, 3.00pm

Last result: Exeter Chiefs 36-5 Newcastle Falcons

What waste of paper!
Timeshock! (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 21:51
Above the west stand bar today, "pre-poured Station", we got there a couple of minutes before the half time whistle and no staff on station! Not one drink pre-poured! just how can the club continue to allow such a revenue opportunity slip through their fingers. I shudder to think how many turned away to watch the second half without ever reaching the bar. At one point four staff were waiting to use the single card reader for payment! This continues to be a problem area and needs to be overseen and effectively managed.

Re: What waste of paper!
pa8 (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 22:14
I had to laugh today at the service received at the south stand bar. As I was the designated driver I was only drinking soft drinks. After the match I asked a female bar person for a bottle of orange juice. She then poured it into one of those plastic pint glasses and then went and spoke to a second female bar person. The first one handed me the drink then walked away without asking for payment. The second one went to a male who Ďrang it into the tillí , the second female then asked me for the money and handed it to the male who handed her the change which she passed to me. ONE soft drink and it took three members of staff to carry out the sale.

slimjimmy (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 23:46
Agreed Timeshock. With so many things going well at KP why canít we get a beer? Iíd like this to be an observation, not a criticism. It needs getting a grip off by someone who has some nous. Umpteen clueless bar people trying to ring a sale into a solitary till is hopeless. & then when someone wants to pay by card the hunt for the card machine starts... There were folk just giving up and going dry, another group I heard went off to the Twin Farms. Everyone moans about it and it leads to poor customer experience. The loss to the club is so significant financially, not withstanding the club being ripped off by an agency charging them for staff who arenít efficient. Itíd be frightening to tot it up, possibly even a players wages? Seriously itís possible. Required;
1. More tills and card machines. Give one per bar person or one between two.
2. Experienced bar staff or just people behind the bar who are booze savvy.
3. Pre pour or part pour the pints, hundreds of them. Go and see how they do it at other grounds eg. Murrayfield, 100s served every minute.
4. Investigate faster pour taps or multipour - Iíve seen these.
5. Donít think because thereís was a big crowd today, that is the root cause of the problem.

On the bright side, fantastic win ground out. Onwards and upwards.

DeceptivePace (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 07:54
Even more of a farce trying to redeem deposits for the cups in the West stand after the game. Long queues at both stations because the lass had run out of pound coins.....
I don't suppose anyone could have predicted that at the end of the game, people might want to return their pots before leaving for home.

Osric (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 08:10
Although the drink buying procedure at the beer bus was comical, the staff were brilliant and entered into the spirit of things by employing some common sense. I used to do the bars at a local student union on the weekend. Why didn't we think of having students line up, pay and then queue up again with no evidence of what you'd paid for being available to either you or, it would appear, the poor staff who had to try and make the system work? Genius.
That said, the staff handled this well and the other mobile bar provided almost queue free service at half time.
TBH, although I may do my middle aged miserabilist grumbling about this kind of stuff from time to time, the reason I go to KP is to support the Falcons and watch ,y favourite sport being played at a high level. This has been a great season so far and, personally, I can forgive a bit of beer buying comedy on a day when a) we win a tight game and b) KP was a buoyant, joyous and busy place to be.
Have a good one!

digitalsys (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 09:19
Moan Alert!

Well, with 2 kids , drinks and crisps were an inevitability, but I managed to put them off until about 5 mins to half time, and the queue wasn't that big - my 3 yr old daughter came with me to the bar. 5 mins into the second half I managed to get served and walked back to the east stand terrace (from the east stand bar).

Training, training, training. You can't put a bunch of young lads and lasses on a bar (first time or not) without some form of training, and it was clear that they had not. It took the guy in front of me 5 mins to get 3 whiskeys. Just using the pos was a struggle.

If we are going to have big games then the facilities have to be able to manage the numbers, and the bars at KP have always been a weak soot.

Went to Saints a few weeks ago and it was exceptionally good service in the bar areas.

Rant over winking smiley

Simmo7 (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 11:17
What I don't understand at all is why you can't buy all drinks at every bar, you can't buy Dark Fruits at the Bus bar, you can't buy Strongbow Original at the other outside bar West/North Corner (they also have no steins?), you can only get Strongbow Original at certain bar sections inside the West Stand and they don't have the brains to walk to the next part to pour you one, they just pour the alternative at their station? It's so unnecessarily anti-consumer and it's really easy to fix, surely.

As someone has already stated, running out of coins at the end of the game just blew my bloody mind. I stood in the queue at the sweet shop to be told to go to the coffee shop, stand in the queue at the coffee shop and she runs out as well and tells me to go to the sweet shop, to which I refused and a senior member of staff I assume came over and seemed to have no idea what was going on, when I told him both sides were out of coins. It must have took about 20 minutes to get more coins, absolutely ridiculous to be honest, people were giving up and handing their cups to others in the queue, sometimes the stupidity in the place astounds me.

forensicpsych (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 19:17
Why don't they get rid of the taps that serve crappy fizzy beer and take A LIFETIME TO POUR - and sell the beer from plastic bottles that can be handed over in seconds. No one can surely argue that the beer quality would suffer - its rock bottom as it is!

While I'm on - why oh why oh why - cant the club offer a bottled locally brewed beer option - Mordue for example but there are many other well deserving brands!

Leipziger (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 20:04
Quote:
forensicpsych
While I'm on - why oh why oh why - cant the club offer a bottled locally brewed beer option - Mordue for example but there are many other well deserving brands!

Supplier contracts I presume.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net