rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Sunday 23 December v Gloucester Rugby at Kingston Park, 3.00pm

Sunday 30 December v Bristol Bears at Ashton Gate, 3.00pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 8-21 Edinburgh Rugby

London Irish commentary
Monkey1 (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 12:09
BBC Newcastle will bring you full match commentary of London Irish v Newcastle Falcons from The Madejski Stadium on Saturday 30th December 2017. Ian Smith will be joined by Man of Northern, Dean Gray with the guys on air from 2.50 pm ahead of a 3.00 pm kick off.

Due to football the game will only be broadcast on-line via the BBC Rugby website. The link will be [www.bbc.co.uk] and just follow the ongoing links to the BBC Newcastle commentary.

Re: London Irish commentary
Monkey1 (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 15:03
Tonks penalty for a high tackle. 3 - 0

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 15:07
Flood penalty for not rolling away. 3 - 3

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 15:11
Tonks penalty 6 - 3

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 15:24
Taity charges down a kick from Tonks to dot down a try. Flood conversion misses. 6 - 8 with 17 mins to go.

Leipziger (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 15:26
Second try by Tait, certainly answering his critics!

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 15:27
Taity gets his second try from a superb kick from JPS. Flood converts. 6 - 15

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 15:29
Tonks penalty for obstruction 9 - 15 with 11 mins to go.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 15:44
Goneva try in the corner, Flood misses conversion. 9 - 20 at half time, Irish down to 14 men for the first 7 - 8 mins of the second half.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:11
After hammering at our line for ages, Irish take a penalty 12 - 20.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:33
Kyle Cooper rumbles over a superb drive from a line-out but bodies everywhere & try not given. Life at last after a dull 25 mins.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:43
3 mins to go, Tonks gets another penalty, Falcons playing like cabbages. 15 - 20.

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:47
Wow talking about nearly chucking it away. Don't know whether to be half glass half empty or full after that performance.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:50
Absolutely awful, but we still won. Second half a classic case of playing not to lose instead of playing to win, and not a surprise that it didn't work.

Oh well, FT 15 - 20, we are theoretically in the top half of the table as we go into 2018.

Happy New Year folks.

DJMc (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:56
Hope it's a trait we soon lose this not scoring any points in the second half. But at least we have kept the trait of winning which is something.

telfs123 (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:56
2nd half tactics baffling. A case of what we did in the first half worked well so lets stop doing that. Random kicking.

Although, I'd be annoyed if I'm Goneva- reached for what he thought was the line but was actually a football marking. Not sure how you're allowed to have another line so close to your try line.

But hey ho- unless Leicester beat Exeter at Sandy Park we will go into 2018 in 5th and unbeaten in cups, 18 months ago that was beyond wildest dreams!

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 17:04
Well we won in the end I feel we could of won by more points though. smiling smiley

dick g (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 09:02
Quote:
AFalcon24
Well we won in the end I feel we could of won by more points though. smiling smiley

Of, of, of.....? HAVE!

Cantabrian (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 09:27
I hate it when we play the "don't lose" unambitious style of the 2nd half yesterday. I really hope we go full bore pressing, passing and off-loading against the Chiefs. If we can win the ball and then start kicking it repeatedly to the Chiefs we'll make it doubly difficult to get anything from an already difficult fixture.

However, that's small beer compared to the overall progress we've made. 5th in the Prem on New year's eve, unbeaten and top of our group in both cup competitions.

Simply Brilliant!
Happy New year everyone.

aidanb (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 09:48
Quote:
dick g
Quote:
AFalcon24

Of, of, of.....? HAVE!
Come on Dick,
Non of us are in here to do grammar and spellings etc.

And we all understood exactly what was meant.

I mean some of us (me) canít even get their criticisms of a player out before said player then goes and has a cracking game.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 31/12/2017 09:49 by aidanb.

dick g (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 10:27
Quote:
aidanb
Quote:
dick g
Quote:
AFalcon24

Of, of, of.....? HAVE!
Come on Dick,

I mean some of us (me) canít even get their criticisms of a player out before said player then goes and has a cracking game.

Sorry Aidan I will try to restrain myself in the future. But having spent my working life trying to get grammar right, it is hard not to react. Will try harder.......

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 10:38
Sorry dick I should "have" put "have". smiling smiley

aidanb (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 13:29
Quote:
dick g
Quote:
aidanb
Quote:
dick g
Quote:
AFalcon24

Of, of, of.....? HAVE!
Come on Dick,

Sorry Aidan I will try to restrain myself in the future. But having spent my working life trying to get grammar right, it is hard not to react. Will try harder.......

I thought you worke for the Gruaniad ?

dick g (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 13:50
Quote:
aidanb
Quote:
dick g
Quote:
aidanb
Quote:
dick g
Quote:
AFalcon24

Of, of, of.....? HAVE!
Come on Dick,

I thought you worke for the Gruaniad ?

My spelling although legendary on The Journal wasn't quite bad enough for the Groaniad.

mannin (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 15:32
Every time i've seen us go in ahead at half time this season, we've changed tactics second half and it's always been hugely detrimental to our performance. Very annoying.

AJfalc (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 16:17
Is that why we have the least bonus points in the whole league?

Yorksfalcon (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 19:49
Lack of BP is mainly down to lack of lack of losing bp's and i would much rather have 4 points than 1!

trummy200 (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 19:56
Quote:
Yorksfalcon
Lack of BP is mainly down to lack of lack of losing bp's and i would much rather have 4 points than 1!

Dead right!

mannin (IP Logged)
02 January, 2018 16:12
Lack of try scoring bonus points too

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net