rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Friday 28 September v Wasps at Kingston Park, 7.45pm

Saturday 6 October v Sale Sharks at AJ Bell Stadium, 3.00pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 17-24 Exeter Chiefs

Michael Young-top guy
Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 20:43
I know over the years we have enjoyed taking the odd swipe at Michael’s box kicking and first name preferences but just wanted to give the lad some well deserved praise. After the match today he was the only lad to run right across the pitch to shake hands with a small number of happy falcons that had made the journey down for the game.My young lad (7) sadly suffers from a very mild form of autism and couldn’t get down to the front in time to try and get a picture, but having done his bit greeting fans and having jumped back into the pitch to join the rest of the team in the tunnel , Mr Young saw my little lad desperate to say hello . He jumped back over the advertising barrier, said hello and posed for a couple of pictures which have absolutely made my lads day. Clearly he was cold, battered and knackered but he took the effort and time and was a real gent. Says a lot about the game, the club ethos and the man.
Great win and hopefully the lads can enjoy a few new year shandy’s .

Re: Michael Young-top guy
markismith50 (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 20:54
That’s great to hear, thanks for sharing this, I wasn’t aware.

Cheers
Smithy

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 21:00
Not sure if your on the party bus heading north Mark but if you are I hope you and the lads are enjoying a beer and looking forward to a great new year. It’s been an exciting time to be a falcons supporter in 2017 with real promise both in and off the pitch and none off that comes without hard work. The big projects make the headlines but the small acts win the fans and my little boy was absolutely made up. Have a great new year.

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 21:12
Great stuff, it's great that he went that extra mile. The smallest things can make the biggest difference.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 21:17
Thanks raf, no beers today but just stopped for a burger at Woodall

aidanb (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 09:51
I hope Niki Goneva was mercilessly teased for scoring ‘that try’ on the football 6 yard box line. 😄

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 10:30
Good story to hear Pilot. It is things like this that bind the club & supporters together and make them one, a sign of a club in good health.

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 11:24
I know the team regularly do the meet and greet but after the game but as you say it’s a sign of players that are enjoying playing and being happy to be on the pitch. There were only a handful of falcons fans there yesterday but it was a nice touch. With stand developments being looked at, us now being able to complain on the forum about how narrowly we won rather than lost and making the occasional young supporters day it’s a great way to go into the new year. Top half, strong in Europe, crowds getting bigger and a real effort being made by smithy and his team.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net