rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Friday 7 December v Edinburgh Rugby at Murrayfield, 7.45pm

Sunday 16 December v Edinburgh Rugby at Kingston Park, 3.00pm

Last result: Northampton Saints 14-16 Newcastle Falcons

Quayside to the ground
nobby212 (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 19:49
Evening falcons I'm coming up for the weekend next weekend from exeter and am staying at the premier inn on the quayside. What is the best way to the ground from the centre of town (although I'm staying quayside I may well be leaving from anywhere central). Happy new year guys and I really look forward to my first visit to Kingston Park.

"I'd like to thank the press from the heart of my bottom."
Nick Easter

Re: Quayside to the ground
markismith50 (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 20:16
Hi, short walk to central station then a metro train to kingston park (train headed for airport). Ground is a 5min walk from station. Or get a taxi from hotel, about a 15min drive

31 December, 2017 20:16
Walk up to the Monument metro, right in the centre of town. Get a metro towards the airport. Get off at Kingston Park and follow the crowds.

Whole journey shouldn't take more than an hour.

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 20:19
X47 bus stops opposite Old Eldon Square and drops off outside the ground

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 21:09
Metro is the easiest for a novice, just make sure you get one going to Airport, not Coast. Both use the same platforms but once you kno0w that you can't go wrong. As mentioned above, once you get off at Kingston Park it is a doddle, just follow the people.

Hope we give you a kindly welcome. We are so far flung from other clubs so we really appreciate those who make the journey up.

17Roundabouts (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 19:33
I've used both the Metro & the X47 and both will get you to the ground.

My preference though would be the Metro and to get off at Kingston Park and just follow the crowd on what is a short walk to the ground.

The Metro charges on "Zones" being traveled ,and catching the Metro from "Monument" or "Newcastle Central Station" involves traveling through 2 Metro Zones....It's cheaper to buy a two Zone Day ticket rather than 2 single tickets ,and this can be bought at machines located inside both stations mentioned...

Enjoy the game :-)

steve1888 (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 20:04
Taxi will be £10-12, I tend to use budget when in centre 019127444444 and they text when on way etc

Exiled Falcon (IP Logged)
02 January, 2018 21:48
I would walk up to the Monument Nobby but on the way pop into a pub called the Crown Passada for a civilised refreshment en route. You wonít regret it! Enjoy you visit and the game.

steve1888 (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 08:04
If you want advice on pubs or restaurants etc post your preferences and you'll get recommendations. There's lots of varying places although Quayside is pretty much fine now.

Timeshock! (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 17:52
Quote:
Exiled Falcon
I would walk up to the Monument Nobby but on the way pop into a pub called the Crown Passada for a civilised refreshment en route. You wonít regret it! Enjoy you visit and the game.

Crown Posada, at 31 The Side just along from your hotel, not everyone's taste but I love it, vey very snug pub with plenty of real ale

CullyChief (IP Logged)
04 January, 2018 10:37
Coming up for my third visit to Newcastle, easily my favourite away trip in the Premiership and thereís not many I havenít done. Great town, great fans and the distance makes it a great excuse to make a weekend of it. Canít wait.

nobby212 (IP Logged)
05 January, 2018 08:03
Quote:
steve1888
If you want advice on pubs or restaurants etc post your preferences and you'll get recommendations. There's lots of varying places although Quayside is pretty much fine now.

Thanks for all the advice everyone, as usual the forums and the fans deliver. On my way up today to make a weekend of it.

steve1888 any advice on pubs and restaurants will be appreciated.

Sounds like Crown Posada is my kind of place a proper pub with proper ale, definitely on the hit list.

Thanks again everyone and look forward to Sunday afternoon

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
05 January, 2018 08:33
Crown Posada

You will not be disappointed.

steve1888 (IP Logged)
05 January, 2018 23:27
Bridge Tavern is really good, avoid Akensider and Quilted Camel on Quayside others all fine.

Up in the centre Billy Bootleggers is a great bar and could stop off at Fitzgeralds and Harry's on the way up.

Newcastle Arms and strawberry would normally be on the list the the footie side are at home tomorrow so best avoid. If you want to avoid the centre tomorrow PM there's some cracking boozers at Ouseburn which isn't far from the Quayside - Free Trade, Tyne Bar, Cluny and The Cumberland Arms.

Restaurants it really depends what you fancy but again as matchday could be busy.

Exiled Falcon (IP Logged)
06 January, 2018 19:33
Quote:
Timeshock!
Quote:
Exiled Falcon

Crown Posada, at 31 The Side just along from your hotel, not everyone's taste but I love it, vey very snug pub with plenty of real ale

Exactly, itís not always ideal giving recommendations as not everyone has the same taste but donít think you can go wrong here. (Unless you like blaring music going doonch doonch doonch through a speaker above your head!)

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 08:15
For a great pint in a great venue I canít recommend Wylam Brewery in Exhibition Park enough
A 10mins walk from Haymarket

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net