rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Sunday 16 December v Edinburgh Rugby at Kingston Park, 3.15pm

Sunday 23 December v Gloucester Rugby at Kingston Park, 3.00pm

Last result: Edinburgh Rugby 31-13 Newcastle Falcons

Bogey team
Osric (IP Logged)
02 January, 2018 21:11
Not sure of the stats on this but have a feeling from recent seasons that this weekendís opponents have proven tricky for us. Hereís hoping that Sunday is the day we find a way of upsetting the form book.
After all, weíve got to beat them one day.... havenít we?
COF

Re: Bogey team
Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
02 January, 2018 21:52
Not entirely sure you can call the best team in the league by a long way , a bogey team lol.
It will however be an interesting game as our defence has been excellent. No one expects us to win so therefore we canít loose when it comes to expectations and therefore anything out of the games is a bonus.
Címon falcons!!!

alas (IP Logged)
02 January, 2018 22:35
Even when Exeter were only a mid-table outfit the Falcons always struggled against them. Don't think we've ever beaten them in the Premiership. They may rest a few players for the Montpellier game, but will still be very tough opposition.

Too far away (IP Logged)
02 January, 2018 22:36
29-24 when the Falcons ended their 20 game losing streak by beating Exeter. That was one hell of monkey the team got off its back and on reflection the beginning of the turn around that got them to the position they are today. Way back in 2014 and it has been one long journey. Great game and great memories, even if I did break a tooth on my celebratory takeaway on the way home.

Too far away (IP Logged)
02 January, 2018 22:40
Noah Cato with the winning try too. I had completely forgotten about him.

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 12:46
Just look at Exeter's record, they are the best team in England. Even with our improved defence and winning streak, I can't see us winning and would take a LBP right now.

Osric (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 13:59
Thatís why I posted as I couldnít recall us getting anything much from them in recent seasons. They were very impressive against Tigers at the weekend but .... weíll beat them one day - why not Sunday?

Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 14:04
We need to keep hold of the ball if we can so they can't keep wearing players down putting big runners up to tackle. Also whoever the ref is I hope he keeps an eye on the their exocets at rucks and tackling people nowhere near rucks - Mr, Maxwell-Keys showed no interest in reffing this aspect of the game when they played Tigers

Wensleydale Falcon (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 15:53
According to Premiership rugby we have played Exeter Chiefs 13 times in the Premiership only winning the once as mentioned above.

I would certainly say that YES they are our bogey team!!

Cantabrian (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 16:58
Exeter has the best defensive record in the Premiership conceding fewer points than anybody else. By contrast, in attack only London Irish has scored fewer points than the Falcons. So statistically, it looks like we'll have real problems outscoring the Chiefs.

The beauty of sport means things don't always work that way and we have the talent to cause an upset. Come on you Falcons!

lizard118 (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 17:22
Quote:
Cantabrian
Exeter has the best defensive record in the Premiership conceding fewer points than anybody else. By contrast, in attack only London Irish has scored fewer points than the Falcons. So statistically, it looks like we'll have real problems outscoring the Chiefs.
The beauty of sport means things don't always work that way and we have the talent to cause an upset. Come on you Falcons!
So Northampton have scored more points than us? I'm not big on statistics but it would be interesting to have a good look.

pa8 (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 20:12
The saints have scored 275 to our 226. Mind you, only Exeter, Sarries and Sale have a better defensive record than us.

digitalsys (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 22:38
Bookies don't have it clear cut.

B365 only have us at 2/1 for a win with Ex at 5/2

It's not a foregone conclusion with the money men as of today - taken seriously for a change

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
04 January, 2018 07:04
They can't be the odds? One team (definitely Exeter) would be odds on favourite as the odds for a draw are massive.

pa8 (IP Logged)
04 January, 2018 07:36
Think Exeter are 2/5.

steve1888 (IP Logged)
04 January, 2018 08:04
Yep 2/5 but only give us 6 points on the handicap.

aidanb (IP Logged)
04 January, 2018 10:58
The bookies odds donít mean a thing in terms of prospects. They are just a reflection of the money laid on them and thus their indebtedness.

Itís not about how they see the result itís about how they will pay out based on the money placed

digitalsys (IP Logged)
04 January, 2018 12:52
Apologies I meant 2/5 as highlighted

They are ultimately an indication of money bet, but they are starting odds

Very different to other matches and indeed this one last year - you could get decent odds for the falcons then smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net