rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Sunday 21 October v Montpellier at Kingston Park, 1.00pm

Sunday 28 October v Exeter Chiefs at Kingston Park, 3.00pm (Cup)

Last result: Toulon 25-26 Newcastle Falcons (!!!)

Dom Barrow?
AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 09:14
I see on the RugbyInsideLine that Dom Barrow is looking to leave Leicester, would you have him back then?. smiling smiley

Re: Dom Barrow?
Trebor1892 (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 09:19
No, good player - wrong attitude.

rubyrhone (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 09:20
My first thought too. Are we not well stocked with second rowers?

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 09:22
Yeah I don't think we really need him, like I said I would rather us be looking to bring in a quality LH. smiling smiley

pa8 (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 12:19
Not for me, donít think weíve missed him one bit. Sicknote who didnít play much and when he did he looked unfit.

steve1888 (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 12:45
I always thought he was good and not sure how is attitude isn't there, however unless we lose someone we don't actually need him.

Osric (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 12:50
No. Agree with all the above. Green, Witty, Robinson, Olmstead, Davidson etc etc

Kingston Parker (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 17:27
Davidson's a prop, or are we going to rotate our scrum like we did in second half with 2 hookers on? Chick is one second row we need to keep for the long term.

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 17:48
Huh? Andrew Davidson is our young Scottish lock, Trevor Davison is our young prop. And Chick is a number 8.

Athos (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 17:53
Have we re-signed McGuigan? I thought I saw him sat watching with the non playing Falcons in the West stand?

dick g (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 18:01
Quote:
Athos
Have we re-signed McGuigan? I thought I saw him sat watching with the non playing Falcons in the West stand?
o
Thus doth the rumour mill spin......Stop it!

Kwa444 (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 21:14
Mcguigan is plausible - after all we may lose Santiago Socino and we wpuld.need a third choice hooker. Add that to the fact he is playing for a lower league team, unlikely to win anything and he may be keen to move our way....

Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 10:09
(Sm156)
Quote:
Kwa444
Mcguigan is plausible - after all we may lose Santiago Socino and we wpuld.need a third choice hooker. Add that to the fact he is playing for a lower league team, unlikely to win anything and he may be keen to move our way....

Falcons_Thunder (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 11:01
I wouldn't take barrow back he's a liability on the pitch. And we have far better stock of locks at the club

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2018 11:01 by Falcons_Thunder.

08 January, 2018 12:53
Personally I would have a lock like Barrow back. We could probably do with a little more grunt and abrasiveness at lock. At times the locks we have can be lightweight although they done a great job yesterday.

Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 13:21
Quote:
NorfolkFalcon
Personally I would have a lock like Barrow back. We could probably do with a little more grunt and abrasiveness at lock. At times the locks we have can be lightweight although they done a great job yesterday.
I think he's the new Kieran Brookes

08 January, 2018 16:57
I do wonder if the likes of McGuigan, Barrow and Brookes (again) would come back now we are playing expansive, winning rugby. I also wonder if fans would accept them back with open arms.

Cantabrian (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 17:45
Its worth bearing in mind Professional rugby players mostly have a short career span and must look seriously at the opportunities they are offered. We had a trio of prodigals who performed magnificently at half back for us against Exeter so I guess you can never tell how things will turn out.

However,I reckon Keiran Brookes would have to do some gold medal convincing to get a third bite of the cherry.

Wensleydale Falcon (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 17:52
I personally wouldn't want Brookes or Barrow back. I think that the way they went about leaving us was very poor form and I want players with loyalty and professional integrity at the club.
McGuigan is a local lad who I believe had his head turned at a young age and I'm sure he would have benefited from staying with us.
The key point is (in my opinion) however that none of these three can bring anything that we don't already have.

Benpj17 (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 18:01
Donít see how Barrow left in a bad manner, he was ambitious he signed a new contract with the stipulation that if we finished below 10th place he could leave if an offer was on the table, Tigers came in for him and at the time that was the much better option

Exiled Falcon (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 18:45
To be fair to Dom the season after he left us he played in a European semi final, canít blame anyone for wanting to progress. Players move on, it happens.

May be in a minority but I would have him back in a flash, magnificent player. Imagine having him, Green, Robinson and Witty as our first choice locks.

Wensleydale Falcon (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 19:05
I have no issue with players wanting to move on and progress their careers and I'm not saying he isn't a quality player.
I don't think that he would be a good fit with the culture that we now have at the club.

Falcons_Thunder (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 07:50
I wouldn't be happy with barrow back he's a average lock, greens by far a better player and I wanna stick with witty and Robinson and young. He's not needed or wanted in my opinion.

alas (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 08:05
Rumoured to be yet another midseason signing by Sale.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net