rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Friday 17 August v Leinster Rugby at Energia Park, 7.00pm

Friday 24 August v Edinburgh Rugby at Kingston Park, 7.45pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 47-26 Nottingham Rugby

Deano rumours
jokboy (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 13:11
Just read again in Trp Deano linked with Northampton saints I know it's only a rumour but it has been lingering for a while now I wish it could be put to bed as all contracts for new signings (we have not been linked with anyone yet) and resignings would be down to Deano staying. I know Mark said it's all rumours but Deano signing a new contract surely is number one priority and will end all these rumours

Re: Deano rumours
telfs123 (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 17:30
Standard Fissler journalism: Headline of "Deano in at Saints". When in the text it says that Blindside believes Deano is being considered to replace Mallinder at Saints.

So all that means is there is a rumour of Saints potentially asking Deano to come to Saints.

Makes zero sense to me for the simple reason that Deano has spent 6 years rebuilding Falcons to the point when we can have days like today. He's settled his family here and loves the area. Why would he leave? Hopefully Semore puts this to bed soon by offering a nice long extension and a big bag of money.

Kath... (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 17:42
I heard also that he really likes his fishing and shooting up here so would hope it is just rumours.

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 17:50
Another one who personally doesn't see why he would leave considering what he is building with us. He's spent what 6 seasons building this, with all due respect to Northampton why would he jeopardise that along with security and complete control by going to a club who are on the decline who have massive expectations?

dick g (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 17:56
Quote:
telfs123
Standard Fissler journalism: Headline of "Deano in at Saints". When in the text it says that Blindside believes Deano is being considered to replace Mallinder at Saints.
So all that means is there is a rumour of Saints potentially asking Deano to come to Saints.

Makes zero sense to me for the simple reason that Deano has spent 6 years rebuilding Falcons to the point when we can have days like today. He's settled his family here and loves the area. Why would he leave? Hopefully Semore puts this to bed soon by offering a nice long extension and a big bag of money.

In defence of Fiss, he doesn't write the headlines. A sub-editor does that. It is a problem all writing journos have to contend with. But the story seems very speculative.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 20:14
Deano, Semore & Mick work superbly as a management team, something that probably won't happen anything like as well in another club. I hope this sways his thoughts.

I was once offered an outrageous amount of money to take a job that was mainly based in London. I turned it down so they offered more money, and then even more until they finally got the message that I wasn't going to London at any price. I have never regretted this, not even once, because no amount of money could buy the life that I enjoy up here. If Saints come knocking with a huge wad of cash, I hope Deano feels the same way.

Life up here is good, sometimes we can forget that.

Oneforthefatboys (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 21:55
The only way for us to retain momentum is continuity. Retaining dean is the primary part of that. Also, Sinoti and Goneva have to be retained. I think losing any of them would be a massive negative and disrupt our progress.

I think Gordon Reid would be a good addition, tough, good scrummager and can carry. I d like to see a big 8 come in. Would also like to see cavubati recover and play

Cumbrian_falcon (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 23:14
Quote:
Oneforthefatboys
The only way for us to retain momentum is continuity. Retaining dean is the primary part of that. Also, Sinoti and Goneva have to be retained. I think losing any of them would be a massive negative and disrupt our progress.
I think Gordon Reid would be a good addition, tough, good scrummager and can carry. I d like to see a big 8 come in. Would also like to see cavubati recover and play

I agree props are a must for next season. We need well schooled pros who love to be gritty at the coal face. Lockwood and an injury free Scott Wilson will be good players I think with a run Lockwood could be our first choice loosehead.

On the Number 8 situation we have in my opinion one of the best young up and coming 8ís in Burrows weíve just not seen enough of him. Heís looked very good in Anglo-Welsh and European games.

The issue you have is with the back row today who can you drop to put Burrows in? The back row today was immense.

steve1888 (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 23:25
Burrows is 29 isn't he?

alas (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 23:35
He is. Chick is the youthful option at number 8. If he's back from injury we'll probably see both players in action next week.

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 23:41
Gordon Reid was a player I would of liked to have seen us sign before London Irish did. smiling smiley

Cumbrian_falcon (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 01:31
Quote:
steve1888
Burrows is 29 isn't he?

You knew what I meant Steve? I didnít realise he was 29.

steve1888 (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 06:34
I wasnt sure if you were mixing him up with someone else.

Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 08:29
Quote:
Monkey1
Deano, Semore & Mick work superbly as a management team, something that probably won't happen anything like as well in another club. I hope this sways his thoughts.
I was once offered an outrageous amount of money to take a job that was mainly based in London. I turned it down so they offered more money, and then even more until they finally got the message that I wasn't going to London at any price. I have never regretted this, not even once, because no amount of money could buy the life that I enjoy up here. If Saints come knocking with a huge wad of cash, I hope Deano feels the same way.

Life up here is good, sometimes we can forget that.

Saints fan in peace. Iím not sure your example works, Dean is from Nuneaton up the road from Northampton, not Newcastle.... maybe he feels he has taken Falcons as far as he can? Saints have a slightly bigger platform to go on and win trophies?

To a previous poster, we have only declined because of poor management.... turned around easily as per Ackerman at Glaws

Great win by the way guys! And good luck for the rest of the season.

Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 08:44
I cannot see why after he' spent several years getting the club to where it is he'd up sticks - I sincerely hope he doesn't. I don't think Saints have any bigger chance of winning trophies than we do we are on the rise

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 09:07
I do hope he stays Deano he has got something good going on here. smiling smiley

SaintsAsh (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 09:39
As a Saints fan I hope he stays with you guys, not because I do not think he would do a good job, but because I like what he is doing at Falcons and it would be a shame to stop that.

All the best for the rest of the season.

j1ll (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 10:53
Quote:
Deano, Semore & Mick work superbly as a management team, something that probably won't happen anything like as well in another club. I hope this sways his thoughts. I was once offered an outrageous amount of money to take a job that was mainly based in London. I turned it down so they offered more money, and then even more until they finally got the message that I wasn't going to London at any price. I have never regretted this, not even once, because no amount of money could buy the life that I enjoy up here. If Saints come knocking with a huge wad of cash, I hope Deano feels the same way. Life up here is good, sometimes we can forget that.
Saints fan in peace. Congratulations on a fantastic win yesterday.

To be fair, Northamptonshire is also a pretty good place to live. We have lovely rolling countryside and pretty stone built villages as well as being an hour from London by train with road connections in all directions. No coast nearby but a bit warmer then the North East - which I also love.

dick g (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 10:57
Quote:
j1ll
Quote:
Deano, Semore & Mick work superbly as a management team, something that probably won't happen anything like as well in another club. I hope this sways his thoughts. I was once offered an outrageous amount of money to take a job that was mainly based in London. I turned it down so they offered more money, and then even more until they finally got the message that I wasn't going to London at any price. I have never regretted this, not even once, because no amount of money could buy the life that I enjoy up here. If Saints come knocking with a huge wad of cash, I hope Deano feels the same way. Life up here is good, sometimes we can forget that.
Saints fan in peace. C
ongratulations on a fantastic win yesterday.

To be fair, Northamptonshire is also a pretty good place to live. We have lovely rolling countryside and pretty stone built villages as well as being an hour from London by train with road connections in all directions. No coast nearby but a bit warmer then the North East - which I also love.

What about the salmon fishing?

Pool_falcon (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 11:03
Would Deano really want to start it all again? We've been 4/5 years in the making and just starting to really come good.

With all his Leicester links, are Saints a side he'd fancy?

trummy200 (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 12:38

'To be fair, Northamptonshire is also a pretty good place to live. We have lovely rolling countryside and pretty stone built villages as well as being an hour from London by train with road connections in all directions. No coast nearby but a bit warmer then the North East - which I also love.'

Its ok but to be fair its not a patch on Northumbria - but yous pays yer money and takes yer choice

re links with the Tigers - They did the dirty on him years ago so I think that would be an incentive for him to go to Saints - just to prove to Tom and his cohorts they got it wrong

aidanb (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 14:24
Which would be the wrong reason to go anywhere

The top performers donít go to prove someone was wrong.

The top performers do their thing to prove they are right and itís nowt to do with anyone elseís thoughts.

trummy200 (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 16:26
I totally agree

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net