rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Saturday 24th February v Harlequins at The Stoop, 2.30pm

Saturday 3rd March v Gloucester at Kingsholm, 3.00pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 29-12 Bath

Philadelphia regret?
falconbear (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 21:40
After 13 games we sit 2 points behind the Premiership Title play-off places. Having just beaten the current Premiership Champions, come the end of the season, will we live to regret not playing our Saracens home game at Kingston Park and maybe picking up some much needed points?

Re: Philadelphia regret?
Wensleydale Falcon (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 21:45
In a word...NO!

Robs (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 22:31
Maybe...

aidanb (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 22:31
No

Too far away (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 23:11
It was a good win against Exeter, but letís not get ahead of ourselves. It was only at the end of November that Glaws took us apart comprehensively at home and the week before Wasps did the same away.

Too far away (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 00:59
Not to forget tiggers doing the same at home at the end of October.

Pool_falcon (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 04:04
As I recall, we were not playing good rugby at the time and a win against Saracens would have been far away from our thoughts.

Plus....it apparently made the club a rather large sum of money, sums around the 300-400k have been banded about.

So.....no.

Exiled Falcon (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 06:19
There are some great ground developments funded by this trip so the long term answer is no regrets.

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 07:30
We had more chance to beat Gloucester and Leicester at home.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 07:38
Judging by our performance at Sale the week before, I have no reason to assume that our home game against Sarries would have ended any differently had it been played at KP instead of Philly. Therefore, even with the benefit of hindsight, no.

dick g (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 08:48
Nope. I'll take the dosh to improve facilities for the growing number of people attracted by what is offered at KP

Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 09:40
I think the trip was worthwhile to the club financially and getting folk talking about the club so I see more positives than negatives

alchemist (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 10:19
If JPD and his team of officials had been on the ball in Philly we would have come away with a losing bonus point, so no, no and thrice times no :-)

Re: Philadelphia regret?a
falconbear (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 11:12
I also think no regrets. I donít know the Falcons squad, coaches and support team very well but i think the US Tour may have done them the world of good. The value of quality time together is priceless and i think it has been proven here... and yes the added cash is a bonus!
I do think we are in a fight for that 4th play-off spot though so it will be interesting to see how things pan out.

Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 14:01
"I do think we are in a fight for that 4th play-off spot though so it will be interesting to see how things pan out"

After recentish years, to even think we're talking about 4th is amazing.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 14:57
Quote:
alchemist
If JPD and his team of officials had been on the ball in Philly we would have come away with a losing bonus point, so no, no and thrice times no :-)

Is there any reason to suppose that JPD & his merry band would have been any different at KP? I am not aware of a strange Bermuda Triangle type effect between ourselves & the USA that would, as it were, do the referee equivalent of turning water into wine, lead into gold, or incompetence into brilliance.

Nope, it would have been the same JPD over here as it was over there, only without the good nature brought about by a jolly over the pond, so he may even have been worse*.

*You just have to ask yourself if this is possible?

Kath... (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 15:16
All history now, no point looking back - always move forward with positivity smileys with beer

aidanb (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 16:38
theres also the fact that without the Philly game the stadium announcer would be able to say

That try was scored by Goneva, sponsored by - the season ticket holders

priceless

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 16:40
Would you trade an extra couple of points for a permanent development of the club? Of course not. Rugby is one of the fastest developing college sports in North America and we were given the choice to showcase it, with us being at the top of the league at the time that was absolutely right. We arenít going to win the league. Not on our budget , but we are going to get a nicely developed stand and training pitches and thatís a real win for the club.
If we were good enough we would have beaten Saracens anywhere. We werenít, but we are pretty damn good!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2018 20:16 by Rafpilot2000.

Wensleydale Falcon (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 17:53
We aren't going to win the league.....just yet....but we are building very nicely towards it!

Osric (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 19:02
No regrets. Looking forward to welcoming some new comrades into the new North Stand, assuming permission is granted.

GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 22:54
Ill just echo what everyone has said above.

Look at the progress the club has made over the last 3-4-5 years Since Mr Kurdi and Dean have been guiding things. No overnight fixes...its all long term planned, from the groundwork put in place. The results are coming.

I'm a north Stand season ticket holder and that one (if we are to believe the stories) game will pay for my stand to be completely redeveloped. Check out the council submission plans..the stand looks great, as does the car parking redevelopments behind it.

Beating Saracens was very unlikely due to their form at the time also...

Its a no brainer...great decision by the club to play that game.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net