rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Friday 17 August v Leinster Rugby at Energia Park, 7.00pm

Friday 24 August v Edinburgh Rugby at Kingston Park, 7.45pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 47-26 Nottingham Rugby

Radwan and Uzokwe sign new contracts
Monkey1 (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 19:59
I am sure the big names from the first team who renew contracts will grab the headlines, but bringing through our own future players is in many ways even more important. It is therefore great news that Adam & Simon have nailed their shirts to the Falcons mast for the future. They are both just on the fringes of the first team. so it will be a genuine pleasure to watch them start to feature, until before you realise it they have become regular starters in those all-important Premiership games.

Offy

Re: Radwan and Uzokwe sign new contracts
GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 20:43
Completely agree, its so important to keep bringing the youngsters through and these two are huge prospects.

The curious thing about these two is that were both released from their clubs initially..Radwan from the U18s a few years back and Uzokwe from the Saints academy..and yet both have shown strong mental focus to fight back and show Dean what they have.

Both have first team potential for years to come if they continue in that manner.

The other two young lads who have been promoted to the senior academy have also had rave reviews..one a back rower from Mark Wilsons club in cumbria and one listed as more physical style of winger. We don't seem to produce big physical backs...so it'll be interesting to see how they progress over the next few years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2018 20:56 by GeordieFalcon.

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 21:29
Great news! They both have the potential to be first team players especially Radwan (who I rate highly and reminds me of Johnny May).

Kwa444 (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 22:14
Don't damn the lad with faint praise! May is incredibly quick and runs some great lines but he is far from the complete winger. He is not great in defence or under the high ball.

I am often perplexed how he plays for England while players like Wade are excluded. That's not that I think Wade should be there either but I think they have very similar strengths and weaknesses. Both are good premiership players but not international for me.

steve1888 (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 08:24
Great news especially Radwan who surely now needs some Premiership game time.

BackrowFlyhalf (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 08:44
Great news for both lads, i'd love to see them both starting on Sunday. Radwan really does look the real deal.

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 08:45
Great news this especially Radwan future starter in our team, also looking forward to seen more of the beast Uzokwe. smiling smiley

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 09:26
Quote:
steve1888
Great news especially Radwan who surely now needs some Premiership game time.

On exactly this point, Deano recently said that his defense is not quite ready for Premiership yet. Although we would all like to see him popping tries down for fun in the 1st team, if he is likely to get badly crunched in the process we will just have to ba patient. It does sound like he is not far off, so hopefully he can be eased into Prem games soon.

Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 11:21
Promising as he is I wouldn't swap him for Sinotti or Goneva in the prem

Pool_falcon (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 13:07
Quote:
Kwa444
Don't damn the lad with faint praise! May is incredibly quick and runs some great lines but he is far from the complete winger. He is not great in defence or under the high ball.
I am often perplexed how he plays for England while players like Wade are excluded. That's not that I think Wade should be there either but I think they have very similar strengths and weaknesses. Both are good premiership players but not international for me.

Great news on the pair, look excellent prospects.

May is far superior to Wade imo, not that I would compare Radwan to either really.

May is excellent under the high ball and has arguably the best kick chase in England. His one up defence is strong but he does have a tendency to switch off or run down blind alleys.

I never understand the clamour for Wade, he has too many flaws in his defensive game, Sarries really targeted him last week. He can some magical things on occasion but he strikes me of more of a highlights reel winger tbh.

One thing Radwan has is extreme gas, the lad can shift!

Andy Mac (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 18:40
Great to see the yung lads seeing their future here.

Although the only contract I care about currently is Deanos!

NorthernMaori (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 11:32
As a Shark who also has a fond connection to the Falcons; and having been lucky enough to get to KP a couple of times this season I think the signing of these two players to senior contracts is a very clever move. both players as mentioned have great potential and clearly have strong mental attributes to come back from rejection.

Radwan appears a very decent prospect who not only has the raw pace but also appears able to step players, track play and link up with support runners. Provided he continues to develop at the same rate, and there is nothing that appears to be stopping him, he really could cement a position on one of your wings for the long term.

Even over here in the NW I have heard good things about the two younger lads who've signed up and as long as they concentrate and try to make the most of their careers there is no reason why they won't develop in to (at least) good premiership players.

Good luck to all of the lads and lets all hope that the two premier clubs in the North continue to defy the monetary and punditary odds and fight in the top half of the league!

alchemist (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 13:36
Quote:
NorthernMaori

Good luck to all of the lads and lets all hope that the two premier clubs in the North continue to defy the monetary and punditary odds and fight in the top half of the league!

Hear, hear!!!

:-)

exhooker (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 14:52
I was glad to see that Nicki Goneva has been giving Adam interception lessons!!

Horus (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 16:15
Simon was massively impressive on Sunday, both in attack and defence. Glad to know his future will be at KP.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 19:01
Bearing in mind the amount oif game time that these two have had, and that certainly for the first quarter it was like schoolboy rugby as this 15 had not had much playing time together, I thought they did exceptionally well. Simon (he is going to be like Joel, much easier to type than Uzokwe) was stupidly difficult to stop when he decided he wanted to keep going, and with more experience he will cause all sorts of problems to opposition defences. Radwan has speed and some signs of nice footwork, and spending time with Sinoti can only make this better.

aidanb (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 20:40
I was stood with a former skinny back who was all over Radwan and extolling his virtues but did add that hed be even better when he learnt to pass the ball.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net