rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Friday 27th April v Leicester Tigers at Welford Road, 7.45pm

Saturday 5th May v Wasps at Kingston Park, 4.00pm

Last result: Gloucester Rugby 33-12 Newcastle Falcons

Ensei (home) commentary
Monkey1 (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 20:04
BBC Newcastle will bring you full match commentary of Newcastle Falcons v Enisei STM from Kingston Park on Sunday 14th January 2018. Ian Smith will be joined by former Senior RFU Coach Ian Stafford and Man of Northern, Dean Gray with the guys on air from 2.55 pm ahead of a 3.00 pm kick off.

The game will be broadcast on BBC Newcastle 1458AM DAB, 5 Live Sports Extra, and on-line via the BBC Rugby website. The link will be [www.bbc.co.uk] and just follow the ongoing links to the BBC Newcastle commentary.

Re: Ensei (home) commentary
GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 10:06
Should we expect to see more of the fringe / development players with a few first teamers as usual...or do you think Dean will put a marker down and put a strong side out.
What about something like this?

1 Lockwood
2 Socino
3 Scotty Wilson
4 Witty
5 Youngs
6 Uzokwe
7 Welch (Has missed quite a bit of gamtime)
8 Burrows

9 Young / Stuart
10 Willis
11 Kibirige
12 JP or Matavesi
13 Penny
14 Radwan
15 Tait

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2018 10:11 by GeordieFalcon.

alas (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 10:49
Think it will be something similar to that. No JP as he is not registered. Welch failed a HIA on Sunday, so is unlikely to play. Wouldn't be surprised to see Mark Wilson as he doesn't like to rest. Spare him the long trip to Georgia. Is Chick fit again? If so he could come in. Probably Sowrey at hooker.

stmky (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 12:42
BBC Newcastle and 5 Live Sports Extra is a video stream?

alas (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 12:45
No, it's radio commentary.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 12:46
No, just audio

stmky (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 12:50
Very sorry. I do not understand why no one Enisei guest game in the Challenge Cup for 3 years is shown on TV or internet. All home games were shown on TV or on the Internet in Russia.

aidanb (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 12:53
Quote:
stmky
Very sorry. I do not understand why no one Enisei guest game in the Challenge Cup for 3 years is shown on TV or internet. All home games were shown on TV or on the Internet in Russia.

Non of the Falcons home games in this cup have been on tv or internet.

We would love to see them but there is no coverage / broadcast.

you can get some brief highlights afterwards in the euro cup site

stmky (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 13:23
I hope that a couple of days after the match on YouTube will be the recording of the full game. Games from Newport and Bordeaux were available in the recording. But this is an amateur shooting, with 1 camera.
Very unreasonable policy. EPCR it is necessary to go as much as possible to the audience and show all games on TV like in football, basketball and other sports.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 13:30
The Bordeaux game was on BT, Aidan

aidanb (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 15:52
Quote:
markismith50
The Bordeaux game was on BT, Aidan

Who are BT Mark.

Iíve never heard of that Chanel. Lol

markismith50 (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 15:56
Chanel? You on the perfume again?

aidanb (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 17:23
Quote:
markismith50
Chanel? You on the perfume again?

haha I love Chanel Blue
for men

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 18:43
Quote:
aidanb
I love Chanel Blue
for men

That sounds like a television channel that you don't want your family to stumble across.
(Sm102)

alchemist (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 07:46
Unfortunately there was no live BBC Newcastle stream here in Sydney (at 2 am) - I presume there are 'rights issues' for the European games, as the Premiership games vs Quins and Exeter were no problem (apart from sleep deprivation).
Luckily I could follow the Falcons Twitter updates while I could keep my eyes open, but I missed the sage comments from the radio team :-)

markismith50 (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 08:53
Correct, alchemist, BBC only have the rights to broadcast within the UK for the EPCR tournaments.

pityacker (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 10:12
If anyone comes across any links for online screening of the game in russia next week it would be appreciated if they could post them on here ,if its distracting we can always turn the russian commentary off.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 10:29
Itís due to be on Georgian cable TV. If I get a link Iíll share it.

15 January, 2018 10:57
Is anyone going over there for the game?

dick g (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 13:23
Tried a couple of seasons ago to get a visa to watch a game in Russia. Gave up in the end. My congratulations to anybody who persevered and is going.

15 January, 2018 14:37
Yeah I heard its a bit of a ball ache to get a visa...

alas (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 14:43
Not that I'm going, but you don't need a visa to enter Georgia.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 14:49
Correct, no visa required. There are no direct flights from the UK so it's not especially easy to get there, but the paperwork isn't an issue.

dick g (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 18:16
Goodto know. When I tried to get to the game, Enisei were playing in Russia.

dick g (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 18:30
Quote:
markismith50
Correct, no visa required. There are no direct flights from the UK so it's not especially easy to get there, but the paperwork isn't an issue.

I'm puzzled now. When did Enisei move from Russia to Georgia?

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 19:02
Quote:
dick g

I'm puzzled now. When did Enisei move from Russia to Georgia?

When it got cold in Russia.
(Sm100)

markismith50 (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 19:39
Enisei are still based in Russia, just this game has been moved.

dick g (IP Logged)
16 January, 2018 07:27
Thanks

stmky (IP Logged)
17 January, 2018 09:27
In Tbilisi, Enisei will play without 14 Russian players who have go to Russian national team. This is due to an important game against Spain on February 10 for the 2019 World Cup. All foreigners (10 players) will play, several young players are expected to debut.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
17 January, 2018 09:29
We're informed the players who are in the national team camp might still play in the game. The national side have apparently not yet decided. Or if they have, they're not saying. The camp is in Turkey, which is only a short flight from Tbilisi.

stmky (IP Logged)
17 January, 2018 09:37
This is fresh information. The coach of the Russian team wants more time to prepare for an important game.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
17 January, 2018 09:51
I'm not saying they'll definitely play, but it hasn't been ruled out. We had some English media asking yesterday so I contacted the Russian federation.

stmky (IP Logged)
17 January, 2018 10:11
Here's the news from the Enisei website

[url=http://www.enisei-stm.ru/news/index.php?id=3062][/url]

damonleekelly (IP Logged)
17 January, 2018 12:19
Is it known which Georgian TV station the match is going to be on?

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
17 January, 2018 12:41
From a selfish perspective it would be good if the Russian national players aren't allowed to play. We could really do with another 5 points to set us up for a home quarter-final and potentially home semi-final.

*f1* (IP Logged)
17 January, 2018 12:59
Quote:
damonleekelly
Is it known which Georgian TV station the match is going to be on?
likely this one
[www.facebook.com]
[www.myvideo.ge]

markismith50 (IP Logged)
17 January, 2018 13:08
EPCR TV rights are sold on a territorial basis so the stream (if it exists) may well be geo-blocked for the UK in any case. I suppose we won't know until the game actually kicks off, but if I hear anything I'll let you know.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
18 January, 2018 19:35
Quote:
stmky
The coach of the Russian team wants more time to prepare for an important game.

He might think that this game would be good preparation, especially if they haven't been playing much lately.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net