rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Saturday 20th January v Enisei-STM at Avchala Stadium (Tbilisi), 10.00am UK time

Saturday 27th January v Bath Rugby at The Recreation Ground, 3.00pm (AW Cup)

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 64-7 Enisei-STM

Micky Young??SBF?
BackrowFlyhalf (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 08:59
Austin Healey has come out and critiscised Micky Young (Pretty heavily) for his rather pathetic dive in our game at Exeter and said he "Should of Been a Footballer"(SBF), and for me is absolutely correct.

There is no place in rugby for this, and the only way for this not to creep into rugby is for him to be reprimanded. He needs a ban.

Which for Micky is an absolute shame as its coming on the back of his best performance in god knows how long for the falcons. I've been massively critical of Micky in the past and i came away from KP on Sunday singing his praises.

PS i hate Austin Healey and i hate to be agreeing with him.

Re: Micky Young??SBF?
markismith50 (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 09:03
In fairness he tripped up, rather than dived, and at no point appealed for anything.

Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 09:13
I think Healey was half cut on that programme - Mickey Young fell over his own feet, at the same time as an Exeter player was pointing at our line.

He then also thought plus Dilly-Dally that Marler shouldn't have seen red for the shoulder charge to the head in the Quins game.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 09:31
Wiggy is a prat, don't pay too much attention to his drivel.

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 09:40
Non-issue.

Falcons_Thunder (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 09:52
I'm sorry but that was a dive unless both feet slipped at the same time. I don't think Michael will be doing that again. SBF lol

mannin (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 10:03
No chance he tripped.

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 11:02
Can't stand Austin Healey at all, makes me laugh that's all they talked about from that match on Rugby Tonight, them lot hate Falcons doing well you can tell. smiling smiley

aidanb (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 11:03
Quote:
markismith50
In fairness he tripped up, rather than dived, and at no point appealed for anything.

I saw him hit the floor, lie there for a split second and then get up. No histrionics, no appealing etc

I didn't see how he went down

So I am in 100% agreement with you

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/01/2018 07:16 by aidanb.

trummy200 (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 15:43
I for one thinks that AH is one of the better 'pundits', but as I have mentioned before do we really need them? I much prefer one good commentator than all these hangers on!

Exiled Falcon (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 16:40
Think AH is a really good pundit who talks a lot of sense and just as important doesn’t take himself seriously (Agreed with him about Marler too), suppose the only one who knows whether it was a dive or not is Michael Young himself however.

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 19:27
I thought what AH said about Hartley was spot on though. smiling smiley

falconbear (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 19:43
Quote:
mannin
No chance he tripped.

Yeah for me the bigger issue was that our victorious game against the Champions was barely mentioned. Sad.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net