rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Friday 17 August v Leinster Rugby at Energia Park, 7.00pm

Friday 24 August v Edinburgh Rugby at Kingston Park, 7.45pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 47-26 Nottingham Rugby

Fissler gets it WRONG!!
Wensleydale Falcon (IP Logged)
25 January, 2018 15:49
Just had a little chuckle to myself as Ultimate rugby tweeted on 9/1/18 that Bassett to Saints was a DONE deal. Fisslers response to this, was that they announced this news weeks ago in the rugby paper.
WRONG!!!
As we always say, if you put enough rumours out there you will get lucky with the odd one coming off.
I haven't seen Mr Fissler tweet today yet that he was misinformed....!

Re: Fissler gets it WRONG!!
aidanb (IP Logged)
25 January, 2018 15:54
Who to Saints

and where did he go ?

pa8 (IP Logged)
25 January, 2018 23:07
Staying with Wasps.

maedwar12 (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 18:23
Iím not defending Fissler, however it was well known that Bassett had signed for Northampton. It was all over the Wasps and Saints boards. Also worth listening to the rugby pod, Goode asked Bassett during an after match dinner smiling smiley Anyhow when Mallinder left Saints Bassett had a clause which enabled him to have a rethink after which he decided to stay with Wasps. So not technically wrong at the time.

Johns (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 06:21
The Rugby Paper report today that Deano stays with you guys, however you also get Nobby West

Oneforthefatboys (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 07:43
I think that Dorian West will be a good addition. Wonder if we are losing a coach. Hopefully not wells as he is very good. I think that Sam looked very strong at loosehead yesterday and scrummaged very well. A bit of work with west may really bring him on. Recruitment will be interesting- big 8?

Hopefully we retain Sinoti and Goneva. Any update on mermoz? Cavubati?

pityacker (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 07:50
Maxime Mermoz tweeted yesterday a picture of himself working in the gym and quoted in French and English that he will be playing soon.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 10:25
Hi, Cavubati is still in rehab from a long term injury, Max is not far away.

pityacker (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 12:17
Letís hope Fissler gets another one wrong as in his column today he has Juan Pablo Socino going to either Bath or Edinburgh.

Cumbrian_falcon (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 14:05
Quote:
pityacker
Letís hope Fissler gets another one wrong as in his column today he has Juan Pablo Socino going to either Bath or Edinburgh.

I was just reading this and take it all with a pinch of salt. As we know if you fling enough sh@t some will stick. I have seen both Socinoís when out and about recently and from what I know theyíre both very happy to be playing at Newcastle. When mentioned that Santi had been linked with Tigers he just giggled and said where do they get this stuff.

I wouldnít be surprised to see the Rumour on a certain podcast tomorrow night too.

trummy200 (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 15:52
Pleased to read that Deano is staying-hope its true!

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 16:09
It would be a real shame if JPS leaves. Has been one of our best signings of recent years and still performs consistently whenever called upon.

dick g (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 18:51
Quote:
trummy200
Pleased to read that Deano is staying-hope its true!

Surprised to read in TRP that Deano had been talking to Saints and Worcester and that he dropped out of Saints situation because he was uncertain of of his place in the pecking order. Seems improbable to me. Perhaps Fish got that from a Saints source who didn't want you suggest that Big Deano isn't interested.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 19:54
Or more likely Fissler just made up the story about Deano moving to Saints, has been told that it is utter nonsense, and is now doing a reverse ferret & making up yet more cobblers to justify it all.

Benpj17 (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 21:11
Or itís not even Fisslers story in todayís TRP

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 22:11
Phil Space?

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 21:02
It was only yesterday Fissler said now that Richards had chosen to stay at Falcons, Heyneke Meyer was now favourite for the Saints job, 24 hours later and Saints announce Chris Boyd
Wrong again

dick g (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 08:09
Quote:
Monkey1
Or more likely Fissler just made up the story about Deano moving to Saints, has been told that it is utter nonsense, and is now doing a reverse ferret & making up yet more cobblers to justify it all.

In fairness to Fiss, all he did was to suggest that Deano is the best fit for the Saints' job description. Which he certainly is. I do not recall Fiss saying that an approach had been made or talks conducted until last weekend's declaration that Deano is staying put.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 08:58
Hi Dick. No, he said last week that Deano was "favourite for the Northampton job".

I've not seen any bookies giving odds so I'm not sure exactly who was making him favourite, but that was his assertion, repeated over a number of weeks.

He gets some right, he gets some wrong. Best advice is to treat it as entertainment and not get too attached to any of his rumours.

dick g (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 09:14
Quote:
markismith50
Hi Dick. No, he said last week that Deano was "favourite for the Northampton job".
I've not seen any bookies giving odds so I'm not sure exactly who was making him favourite, but that was his assertion, repeated over a number of weeks.

He gets some right, he gets some wrong. Best advice is to treat it as entertainment and not get too attached to any of his rumours.

Thanks Mark. I was away for a week and missed the piece you mention. I will follow your advice.

Xanderman (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 13:46
Yes but when he mentions a tenuous link such as Deano potentially going to Northampton, if it comes off he proclaims "As exclusively revealed in the rugby paper 2 months ago" when it should read "As exclusively speculated in the rugby paper 2 months ago". Somehow doesn't have the same ring to it.

He's obviously a half decent journalist and likes you Mark but he's quite often rude to the public when there's no need.

aidanb (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 14:28
I don't understand this outpouring towards Fissler

He is paid to write articles which get people buying the paper. That means he will write any and everything as long as it is inside the line which brings in legal issues.

I have been well know to criticise journalists all over for their shoddy attempts at salemanship, but in reality I don't know why I bothered.

I got telt off by dickyg for thios at 1 point but I don't trust journalists as far as I can throw them.

But I do realise that some journalists are a lot better than others

dick g (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 14:32
Quote:
aidanb
He is paid to write articles which get people buying the paper. That means he will write any and everything as long as it is inside the line which brings in legal issues.

I have been well know to criticise journalists all over for their shoddy attempts at salemanship, but in reality I don't know why I bothered.

I got telt off by dickyg for thios at 1 point but I don't trust journalists as far as I can throw them.

Like to try throwing me on Saturday?

aidanb (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 17:20
Quote:
dick g
Quote:
aidanb

Like to try throwing me on Saturday?

my short fella throwing days are long over

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net