rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Saturday 24th February v Harlequins at The Stoop, 2.30pm

Saturday 3rd March v Gloucester at Kingsholm, 3.00pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 29-12 Bath

Team v Bath in anglo welsh cup
aidanb (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 11:57
Newcastle Falcons team to face Bath (Saturday, 3pm, The Rec, live on BT Sport)

15 Alex Tait

14 Belisario Agulla

13 Dominic Waldouck

12 Juan Pablo Socino

11 Adam Radwan

10 Joel Hodgson

9 Sam Stuart

1 Sam Lockwood

2 Santiago Socino

3 Trevor Davison

4 Glen Young

5 Andrew Davidson

6 Ally Hogg

7 Simon Uzokwe

8 Ryan Burrows (captain)

Replacements

16 Ben Sowrey

17 Adam Brocklebank

18 Jack Payne

19 Callum Hunter-Hill

20 Callum Chick

21 Ruaridh Dawson

22 Tom Penny

23 Craig Willis

Bath Rugby

15 Darren Atkins

14 Matt Banahan

13 James Wilson

12 Ben Tapuai

11 Jeff Williams

10 Freddie Burns

9 Darren Allinson

1 Nick Auterac

2 Michael van Vuuren

3 Shaun Knight

4 Levi Douglas

5 Luke Charteris (captain)

6 James Phillips

7 Josh Bayliss

8 Paul Grant

Replacements

16 Nathan Charles

17 Will Vaughan

18 Sam Nixon

19 Will Britton

20 Miles Reid

21 Max Green

22 Josh Lewis

23 Jack Wilson

Referee: Mike English

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/01/2018 16:24 by aidanb.

Re: Team v Bath in Anglo Welsh Cup Sat 27th Jan
aidanb (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 11:57
The Chopper returns

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/01/2018 11:58 by aidanb.

Re: Team v Bath in anglo saxon
AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 12:13
A good mix there, just seen it's live on tv tomorrow. smiling smiley

Leipziger (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 12:14
That's not a bad Bath team, whereas we've got a lot of fringe players. Tough game I expect but we'll see what happens :-)

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 12:15
Is Callum Hunter-Hill the one what played for Scotland U20 and plays for Edinburgh now?. smiling smiley

aidanb (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 12:23
Quote:
AFalcon24
Is Callum Hunter-Hill the one what played for Scotland U20 and plays for Edinburgh now?. smiling smiley

yes , he's on a 2 week loan

eastfalcon (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 13:05
A lot of experience in that Bath team - hoping for a good performance from our lads. Reckon it will be a tough match.

Onwards and Upwards!

pa8 (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 14:33
When I read the title I thought it would be written in some medieval language. (Sm100)

skip mcskipper (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 14:37
A 2 week loan spell, for cover or with a view to a permanent move?

markismith50 (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 15:28
Time will tell

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 15:40
Not surprised we have brought someone in, our bench has looked light in second and back rows the last few weeks
Team looks as expected and should give Bath a run for their money

Re: Team v Bath in anglo welsh cup
lizard118 (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 16:53
Good team and enough to get a result. What happened to our second row Davidson? We've got good depth at second and back row in any case. Looking forward to seeing the game. C'mon Falcons!!

markismith50 (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 16:54
Lizard, Davidson is starting tomorrow.

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 17:08
Like the look of certain elements of that team but Bath's side has plenty of experience. Will be a difficult game.

lizard118 (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 21:02
[quote markismith50]Lizard, Davidson is starting tomorrow.[/quote
Yes, I need to go to Specsavers 😁

Osric (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 16:56
A game we could have won had we taken any of our first half chances, had Higgs try been allowed and had the 'forward' pass not been given.
Silver lining - concentrate on winning in Europe.

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 16:57
21-8 loss. The lads shouldn't feel too disappointed. Their endeavour to play free flowing, attacking rugby was admirable considering the atrocious conditions and had we not made a few handling mistakes at key times we would of won the game.

Onto Gloucester next week with topping our group still in our own hands.

GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 17:08
Mixed feelings...

Huge credit to the lads who tried to play open attacking rugby and keep the ball alive in woeful conditions...

However I suspect Dean wont be overly happy today...

1. You don't have that much possession and territory and go in at half time without scoring. This is an area that we have improved massively in recent years, however this quite inexperience team will learn...you HAVE to take your chances.
All the top sides are ruthless when they get a chance. Its why the AB's are top of the tree...

2. We cant play 2 halves! How many games recently have we played the opposition off the park in the first half then barely registered a tremor in the second half.
We didn't control Burns...he was allowed to dominate in the second half.

HiTop (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 17:15
Credit to you guys, some ferocious defence in the first half, a shame you couldnt finish some of the opportunities your team set up. Watching as a neutral this was a far better game than most premiership encounters.
All the best for the rest of the season.

alnwickfalcon (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 17:17
I echo the comments above we fronted up well against a strong Bath side. The younger starters showed us the future is bright. I donít think the replacements made a difference to the game if anything it was after bringing on 4 at once we went backwards. This can happen as it takes time to get into a game thatís being played at pace and is end to end.

In all honesty we should have put this game to bed in the first 20. The Hogg try was definitely a try and the alleged forward pass was debatable just as we got back into the game. I would have liked to have seen the grounding on Bathís first try and if the runner was onside from the burns kick for the last try funny how there was no tv angles of either?

I thought the referee was poor but tried to let the game flow he missed a lot of sloppy knock-ons and spills around the breakdown and had absolutely no idea what was going on a scrum-time.

Baths pack folded like a deck of cards in front of their posts in the first half and he resets? The resulting scrum Lockwood literally folded their tighthead in half whoís nose was pressed in the turf and he pings Lockwood as his arm was pulled down to the floor first. These sorts of decisions are so frustrating you just need consistency.

Standouts JPS, Hogg, Hodgson had a good game hope heís not too badly injured? Trevor Davison had his best game in a Falcons shirt at the coal face he was solid, you can see the work with Micky Ward is paying off.

Never mind there are positives to take from this and we can look forward to the Challenge Cup and the rest of the Premiership season.

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 17:23
Disappointed because I felt we could of got more out of that game, we could of had at least two tries in that first half. I watched the game and I did think there was some good performances JPS the stand out also Hodgson was solid I thought. smiling smiley

Osric (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 17:40
Freddie's Burns the difference after half time?

AJfalc (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 17:51
Frustrated frustrated frustrated.
You knew after spending the first half in the Bath 22 but not having any points on the board would come back to bite us.

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 18:03
Having sat in the rain in bath watching the game, a couple of things are clear. Firstly , despite the score our defence is very good and given our selection today we clearly have strength in depth. In poor conditions almost every first tackle was positive and robust, often pushing bath back down field. However, it is clear that the depth and quality of our sticking options are not the same. As stated, we spent time in the bath 22 but simply could not convert that into points. Joel kicked and tackled well and certainly not singling the attach out for criticism as the score was somewhat unrepresentative of play but in terms of squad additions, attack seems to be the key. Well done to the team and safe journey home

Wensleydale Falcon (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 18:33
On another day we would have put that game to bed very comfortably. However, it happens, and I'm sure that all the inexperienced guys will take an awful lot of confidence by their performance in general.
Whereas it would have been great to win and keep the run going I'm not to disappointed. Games like this are all about the development of the younger guys coming through for me.

helmet (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 20:48
all good experience for radwan,davison,young etc quite a decent effort from the lads all things considering. Beat glos at home with a 5 pointer next week and were through to the semis all to play for

digitalsys (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 11:00
BT commentators definitely in the Radwan fanclub

trummy200 (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 13:50
Quote:
digitalsys
BT commentators definitely in the Radwan fanclub

Yes and how enjoyable just to have a commentary team as against the 'pundits' stating the obvious or spouting gibberish! (on my high horse again)

Thoroughly enjoyed the game if not result.

Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 08:29
First half was very good, frustrating for the guys they didn't put their chances away - we'd have been out of site. Thought the ref let the game flow and didn't see anything wrong with the disallowed try. Had a look on the Bath board where one or two misguided souls claimed they "contained us" in the first half (Sm22)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net