rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Friday 21 September v Exeter Chiefs at Kingston Park, 7.45pm

Friday 28 September v Wasps at Kingston Park, 7.45pm

Last result: Worcester Warriors 20-23 Newcastle Falcons

Planning approved for North Stand
Monkey1 (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 14:09
Approved unanimously by the council according to Twitter. Well done to all involved, great to see our club moving forwards.

Offy

Re: Planning approved for North Stand
26 January, 2018 14:18
Great news this for fans and falcons going forward. i just wish the northumberland rfu base could move to kp in order to enhance community connections and away from to dreadful druids park which is now lost to rugby due to the very poor standard of the pitch.

Kath... (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 15:02
Excellent news brilliantsmiling smiley

Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 15:14
Well done all! Great stuff!

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 15:38
Fantastic news
Any details such as timescales etc?

markismith50 (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 16:01
Still got to complete the planning process yet, a few hoops to be jumped through.

Cumbrian_falcon (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 16:02
Great news for the club but for me it’s tinged with a bit of sadness I will miss the beloved wall on the East Terrace. The cheapest season tickets and great view will be gone for the “Fan Zone”. I suppose it will have to be sitting down in the North Stand then?

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 17:09
Great news and will be a huge boost for the club.

Leipziger (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 17:10
Great news.

aidanb (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 18:06
Quote:
alnwickfalcon
Great news for the club but for me it’s tinged with a bit of sadness I will miss the beloved wall on the East Terrace. The cheapest season tickets and great view will be gone for the “Fan Zone”. I suppose it will have to be sitting down in the North Stand then?

Oddly enough myself and a bunch of mates were talking about how we used to enjoy standing on the old area of the south stand.

The current stand is a mile better than anything we used to endure / like / still reminisce about.

Once you are ensconced in the relative comfort of the new broth stand it will seem much better.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 18:44
[quote aidanb][quote alnwickfalcon]
Once you are ensconced in the relative comfort of the new broth stand it will seem much better.[/quote]

Wow, does that come with bread rolls too?
(Sm152)

Oh, and you can still stand. The North Stand terracing is staying with new seats built behind, you don't have to sit.

aidanb (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 23:22
[quote Monkey1][quote aidanb][quote alnwickfalcon]
Once you are ensconced in the relative comfort of the new broth stand it will seem much better.[/quote]

Wow, does that come with bread rolls too?
(Sm152)

Oh, and you can still stand. The North Stand terracing is staying with new seats built behind, you don't have to sit.[/quote]

North of us is Scotland / the home of broth.

And let’s face it. When olay is up that end of the park it may as well be Scotland

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 09:19
Nice to see this always enjoy been in the North Stand anyway. smiling smiley

Cantabrian (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 12:46
After reading Monkey's great story of the epic Haggis hike, how about calling the new stand The Weir Stand

aidanb (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 13:31
Or the scotch mist stand

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/01/2018 13:32 by aidanb.

dick g (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 15:30
Quote:
Cantabrian
After reading Monkey's great story of the epic Haggis hike, how about calling the new stand The Weir Stand

Has my vote. One of the greatest Falcons and still a fighter. Or how about a tribute to all the Falcjocks and call it Scotch Corner?

davietoon (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 19:46
The Weir Stand has a nice ring to it, how about naming the other Stands East stand could be the Gosforth Stand any suggestions for the South and West Stands.

Andy Mac (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 19:52
The Jonny Wilkinson Stand.

I've always felt we haven't made enough of the fact that we had what was the worlds greatest rugby player develop himself at our place.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 20:12
To give the old North Stand an identity, because it will still exist, just with extra stuff behind it, and also to honour Doddie McWeir, paint it tartan & call it the Tartan Terrace.

17Roundabouts (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 21:01
Quote:
Monkey1
To give the old North Stand an identity, because it will still exist, just with extra stuff behind it, and also to honour Doddie McWeir, paint it tartan & call it the Tartan Terrace.

Like that Monke1...and how about a bar in the North Stand called "Scotch Corner", in honour of all those braw lads who've played for our 6 Nations neighbour's north of the Border

GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 16:10
Are there any details about time frames..?

When will the re-development start, be complete etc??

Wensleydale Falcon (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 16:16
I like that idea a lot Monkey, of the bar in the North Stand being called "Scotch Corner"

There is a lot going to be happening at the actual landmark that is "Scotch Corner" over the coming months, therefore some potential commercial sponsorship-corporate opportunities for the club.....just a thought for the club.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2018 16:33 by Wensleydale Falcon.

rubyrhone (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 13:15
Are the seats in the new North stand going to be any wider than those in the East stand? Felt very confined in full winter gear last night. I am average size I would say!

markismith50 (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 13:30
Honest answer, I don't know, but I think sports stadia seats are a fairly uniform size. Making them wider means having fewer seats, which means raising the prices of the seats you do have to make the same revenue per match.

rubyrhone (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 19:52
Like any seats -trains/planes I guess-squeeze 'em in!!
I must appreciate more the relative freedom of movement standing in the SS (until older age kicks in).

upwardonward (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 09:54
The Weir Stand would get my vote.
It would Stand for everything good about the game.

Also The Scotch Corner Bar to go with it.

Super suggestions guys.

dick g (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 10:12
Quote:
rubyrhone
Like any seats -trains/planes I guess-squeeze 'em in!!
I must appreciate more the relative freedom of movement standing in the SS (until older age kicks in).

As long as there is room for my zimmer when the time arrives, I shall continue to be a South Stand Regular.

citizen-slacker (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 10:47
Will that make North Standers Weirsiders?

02 July, 2018 12:08
Is there any news on the development?

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
03 July, 2018 06:59
Last I heard was at the fans forum. Semore still had 38 'issues' to deal with, which basically means 38 big piles of forms & surveys. Sounded like a lot of work still to do before any building can commence.

04 July, 2018 08:59
Ah right, thanks for that Monkey.

So maybe end of next season we might know a bit more.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
04 July, 2018 11:56
It's obviously a job that has to be done during the summer as it involves trashing the car parks & lots of access issues, so I would guess starting next May would be the earliest, bat surveys & noise alleviation strategies permitting.

04 July, 2018 16:03
Absolutely

Timeshock! (IP Logged)
04 July, 2018 17:56
If I remember correctly, this was a multi phased development, the first of which was the training pitches and accommodation which was 100% RFU funded if COMPLETED by the start of the season, clearly unless this is negotiable (why have that condition if it was) then the time has come and gone. Where does that then put the North Stand? can you have one without the other?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net