rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Sunday 16 December v Edinburgh Rugby at Kingston Park, 3.15pm

Sunday 23 December v Gloucester Rugby at Kingston Park, 3.00pm

Last result: Edinburgh Rugby 31-13 Newcastle Falcons

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
The Big One @ SJP
Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 20:48
The club released on social media today that we have gone through the 10000 tickets barrier for the Big One vs Saints at St Jamesí
With 6 weeks to go we could be on to a sizeable crowd considering we have sold the equivalent of a Kingston Park maximum already

Re: The Big One @ SJP
GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 13:37
Just registered for the ticket at St James...Am I the only one that thought our season tickets were automatically transferred across to that game??

I didn't realise I had to pay for a seat!

Effectively i've now paid twice for a ticket to the same game!

markismith50 (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 13:54
Hi GF, if you're a Falcons season ticket holder you're entitled to a free ticket for the game. Please contact the ticket office if there's any confusion.

Cantabrian (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 14:17
Smithy can you advise who to contact about disabled facilities at The Big One. thanks for your help Cantab.

06 February, 2018 14:22
Hi Smithy

I have already done it all. Contacted the ticket office by phone, told them I was a season ticket holder and went through the whole process (give them my membership number etc) and then they said I had to pay £20.

When I questioned it, he said yes definitely, he was sorry that wasn't clear...but you still have to pay for a seat.

So ive paid for the game at KP with my season ticket and now paid for the game again now that its switched to St James.

Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 14:31
That's not right - I phoned for an extra ticket and paid for that but mine was free

06 February, 2018 14:36
Ill give them a call and ask for a refund and my actual ticket.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 14:52
Cantab, I'm told you should contact the Newcastle United box office regarding disabled seats as they are more familiar with the layout of the ground.

GeordieFalcon, I've replied via PM with a direct landline to give us a call please, but unless you're trying to upgrade to a different area then you're definitely entitled to a free ticket if you're a Falcons ST holder. 100% free, you don't need to pay for anything.

Cheers
Smithy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2018 14:55 by markismith50.

06 February, 2018 15:28
Appreciate your help Mark, thank you.

I have initially replied to the ticket confirmation I have received and asked the full questions.

If I don't get one back ill call the number you have given me.

Looks like there has just been a bit of confusion (not sure why) and we'll get it sorted.

dick g (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 15:29
If the marketing team succeed, I am looking forward to 20,000 Falconistas joining in the matchday song.
"Oh when the Saints are getting stuffed.
Oh when the Saints are getting stuffed.
I'm glad I'm here in this number
When the Saints are getting stuffed."

Repeat....and repeat....and repeat........

markismith50 (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 15:32
No worries GF, our ticket office manager is expecting your call so please don't feel as if you're putting us out. We're very keen to get clarity and make sure you're fully sorted.

06 February, 2018 15:44
All sorted now Mark. I've spoken to them.

Once again, thanks for your help.

06 February, 2018 16:15
No chicken counting Dick - they've been playing the first team in the A/W and they've imp(Sm102)roved

Cantabrian (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 16:20
Thanks Smithy, I'll get in touch with them

dick g (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 17:02
Quote:
Bedlington Lad
No chicken counting Dick - they've been playing the first team in the A/W and they've imp(Sm102)roved

Point taken. But I did enjoy premiering the song at the KP encounter. And I can dream.......

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 19:36
I think lots of day trippers will get tickets last minute and hopefully we can get a 20,000 crowd.

Andy Mac (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 19:52
Everyone I've spoken to who is involved with local club rugby has said they're taking bus loads of kids and parents.

Should be a cracking attendance - pleased to hear they're planning more too.

06 February, 2018 20:40
Yeah I know a load of people who intend on going and booking tickets over the next few weeks.

I wouldn't underestimate Saints either. Yes they've been poor...but they have some top players and will improve.

But we are a good side now...with quality ALL over the pitch!

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 21:04
Out of interest, what is the Falcons home attendance record?
I am assuming the big one will break it?

.Mick Hogan (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 21:41
Home attendance record is 11,750 at Gateshead vs Bath almost 20 years ago. We will beat that well before the end of February.

Can I just thank everyone for getting behind this. Still lots more to do on it and the last 4 weeks will be pretty exciting with a take-over on Heart and Capital radio stations, outdoor advertising on 48 sheets and on the Tyne & Wear Metro, central motorway big screen, tons of social media boosts, targeted text messages and for the first time ever TV advertising on ITV, a Smithy led PR onslaught...and lots more!

A special mention to the staff at KP who have gone above and beyond like no group I have ever known. They all have about 5 jobs each to do, plus their usual day job. As well as the actual game there's the Fan Plaza to organise and what looks like close on TWO HUNDRED junior teams playing in festivals that morning/early afternoon at KP and Bullocksteads. Unreal effort.

Please keep doing what you are doing. Keep sharing via social media. Talk your friends and family into giving it a go and tell the boss at work that he/she should treat the staff to a group day out. Every ticket counts.

Thanks again

Mick

aidanb (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 22:47
Quote:
dick g
If the marketing team succeed, I am looking forward to 20,000 Falconistas joining in the matchday song.
"Oh when the Saints are getting stuffed.
Oh when the Saints are getting stuffed.
I'm glad I'm here in this number
When the Saints are getting stuffed."

Repeat....and repeat....and repeat........

Can we get that on 180 gm vinyl olease

07 February, 2018 07:16
Cracking stuff Mick. Great effort from all involved. There's no way that this is going to be a failure with the amount of work that has gone into it. The club are lucky to have such a dedicated team on and off the field. (Sm128)

Leipziger (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 08:51
Good news that a big crowd is expected, 20,000+ will be great. I'm dragging my parents along, first Falcons game for either of them in many years but the lure of a day out with their granddaughter was strong:-)

markismith50 (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 09:07
That's great, Leipy. Thanks so much for supporting the event, and likewise to everyone else.

yorkie ba (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 15:26
Can you pay on the day

yorkie ba (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 15:26
Can you pay on the day

markismith50 (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 16:00
Hi yorkie, we strongly urge you to book in advance to get the best view and the best price.

yorkie ba (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 16:27
Will do if I know I can make it. Hope to see Ryan Burrows an Josh Hodgson get a game.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 16:30
Many thanks yorkie, should be a great day.

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 20:55
The club confirmed today that 4000 free tickets will be given to young fans who play in the junior tournament. With so many seats in SJP this is a great idea
However it does inflate the predicted attendance figures though

markismith50 (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 20:59
Falc Dancer, no, this was always the plan and was in the figures.

.Mick Hogan (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 21:19
As Smithy says these were always in the figures. The number of teams competing is higher than we anticipated so hopefully with more participants and the added friends and family that pay to come along with them the final attendance number will be some way higher than 20k.

We never considered tickets to participants in festivals as 'free'. They are definitely 'earned' tickets, not just from their efforts on the day but also as recognition for the hours of training and games they play over a season. We always include a couple of 'earned' tickets for the coaches as well as these people give up their time to make sure the young players are prepared and looked after.

Where possible we always try to link festivals to home match-days and ensure that every age range and both boys and girls get at least one opportunity to play at KP every season.

Mick

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 22:43
Those tickets are definitely not free, they have to be earned, and I applaud those juniors and their parents who certainly deserve their day at SJP. In a region where football is king, rewarding 4,000 juniors & parents who love the game with a sit down to watch the game after a day of hard work is surely something to be thankful for.

They are our future, please make them welcome.

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 06:41
Mick, Smithy

I have no issue with the club offering free tickets to the next generation of falcons supporters and even potentially players. I believe itís the right approach to encourage the future growth of the club

However when I read ticket sales had past 10000, in my naivety I expected 10000 paying customers. Even with my simple maths skills, the difference between 10000 and 6000 paying customers must be a considerable sum for the clubs coffers

08 February, 2018 07:26
Although this is related to Football, in the late 90's when Norwich City attendance was 14,000 in a 26,000 capacity, they approached all of the local primary schools and offered family deals. Tickets for U12's were £1 and accompanying adults were £5.

In about 10 years they filled the rest of the seats created a generation of new fans and they have sold full capacity since.

Just goes to show the power of a strong marketing campaign aimed at encouraging families. I fully support the club in them offering tickets to the kids/volunteers.

.Mick Hogan (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 18:21
Falc Dancer

No worries. The 10,000 we have on the system includes some of the junior tickets but by now means the majority we have set to one side. The reality is all 4,000 won't be claimed as not every young player wants to stay on for the main game.

Hopefully we'll get a good number staying on this time though.

The big variable will be the students. Only a couple of hundred booked but we are anticipating thousands. They are always very late purchasers and no amount of persuading will convince them otherwise!

Mick

silicaballerina (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 12:27
NF,
I remember attending an away Falcons game (many years ago) against 'Stade'.
I honestly can't remember what I paid for our tickets but I remember listening to some of those there (French), saying that they had paid 1 Euro each!
It filled the stadium if I recall.

Exiled Falcon (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 12:49
The 4,000 tickets may be free but from a mercenary perspective itís 4,000 potential extra cokes, burgers, programmes etc etc and from a none mercenary point of view looking long term it's 4,000 potential fans of the future.

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 13:44
A lot of people just wont know what they are doing until closer to the day and Iím sure students will be waiting for their next load instalment before spending their beer money on their tickets;-)
Providing Iím not in Afghanistan I will be there with my 4. It also proves the north east can host large rugby events and it can only be a good thing. Iím guessing once enough seats have been sold to cover the venue cost the club can go wild with offers and as you say itís not just a ticket, itís the food, drink , merchandise , local transport, bars and cafes that help. Iím sure it will be a reasonable draw for Northampton fans who will probably get there tickets come pay day.
If we were playing in a small venue, people would buy early to avoid it being sold out. Being in a huge stadium Iím guessing will be happy to book closer to the day when they have recovered from the festive season.

aidanb (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 13:46
Quote:
.Mick Hogan
Falc Dancer
No worries. The 10,000 we have on the system includes some of the junior tickets but by now means the majority we have set to one side. The reality is all 4,000 won't be claimed as not every young player wants to stay on for the main game.

Hopefully we'll get a good number staying on this time though.

The big variable will be the students. Only a couple of hundred booked but we are anticipating thousands. They are always very late purchasers and no amount of persuading will convince them otherwise!

Mick

You must remember what it was like back in the 1800's when the student grant had to be carefully managed to avoid beer shortages

Mafia (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 15:52
Looking forward to this one and am taking about 8 newbies to rugby so should be a great day.

As to beating box office records I recall the numbers at both the Cup finals against Harlequins and Sale. Could we get more Falcons supporters in for this game than travelled to either final? I recall a convoy of coaches to the Quins final. Anyone know how many were at these finals?

Robs (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 16:55
Quote:
Mafia
Looking forward to this one and am taking about 8 newbies to rugby so should be a great day.
As to beating box office records I recall the numbers at both the Cup finals against Harlequins and Sale. Could we get more Falcons supporters in for this game than travelled to either final? I recall a convoy of coaches to the Quins final. Anyone know how many were at these finals?
Was the Quins final the one where the coach fare was £1 per supporter?
And the RFU contributed substantially to the coach costs

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 13:05
The club has announced that ticket sales have gone through the 17000 barrier
Fantastic news
Add in any late student sales and we could be looking at great overall attendance

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 13:55
Huge congratulations to the club for going to the effort of organising this event. Will be great to see such a big crowd at Falcons game. None of this happens easy and the doubters are being proven wrong. Not only have we played a game in the USA raising the clubs profile internationally , but we are liable to set a record attendance for a home game whilst playing at the iconic St Jamesís Park. Busy year for the club both in and off the pitch!!

dick g (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 15:21
Met Mick Hogan at Tynemouth Station Sunday Market and he said he was confident of meeting target for sales. It will be a great event.

alchemist (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 19:18
Students in my lab got their tickets today - after gentle reminders from me :-)

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 16:09
Ticket sales now through 18000

skip mcskipper (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 10:39
I reckon about a 25000 crowd for the big one

06 March, 2018 11:23
My only fear is that the team don't put in a big performance. Northants are going to be willing sacrificial victims and I think this could be one of the toughest games of the season

MrDolf (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 14:36
Far from wanting to be negative Iíve had this thought too. Saints players might take one look at SJP and say ďI am well up for thisĒ

I trust the preparation of the Falcons coaching team to ensure that the side are totally familiar with surroundings and comfortable with the playing surface etc. I think the main paranoia for me is that the 20k+ crowd could contain a lot of potential converts. If itís a thriller with Falcons taking a 4-try bonus point it could see a lot of people coming back. A poor game and we might never see them again.

Add in that a 5 point haul would go a long way towards the play off position and be a huge step to cementing a Champions cup slot and it certainly is a Big One!

06 March, 2018 15:14
Quote:
Bedlington Lad
My only fear is that the team don't put in a big performance. Northants are going to be willing sacrificial victims and I think this could be one of the toughest games of the season
That should of course be are NOT (Sm147)

aidanb (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 15:19
Quote:
MrDolf
Far from wanting to be negative Iíve had this thought too. Saints players might take one look at SJP and say ďI am well up for thisĒ
I trust the preparation of the Falcons coaching team to ensure that the side are totally familiar with surroundings and comfortable with the playing surface etc. I think the main paranoia for me is that the 20k+ crowd could contain a lot of potential converts. If itís a thriller with Falcons taking a 4-try bonus point it could see a lot of people coming back. A poor game and we might never see them again.

Add in that a 5 point haul would go a long way towards the play off position and be a huge step to cementing a Champions cup slot and it certainly is a Big One!

I thought the players just focused on the game in hand and the match tactics etc.... The other stuff is for the management and us fans to worry about.

I know they will see the bigger implications but for them it will be about the process of playing and performing rather than who is watching and maybe coming back and where the result takes them.

lizard118 (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 19:43
Can see the point MrDolf is making in terms of putting in a performance that will help bring in people who are not your typical rugby fan.

Andy Mac (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 19:59
Yes, Saints will be up for it but I can see us blowing them away. We're doing pretty well right now but a full 80 minute performance has eluded us.

If we get that right in front of a big crowd - with emotions running high from the Doddie factor - I have a worryingly positive feeling about this.

Falcons_Thunder (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 11:15
I think the pressure of a sell out against Leicester got to us! And the added pressure will be double literally. Hope the boys are well prepared

the big one
nook10 (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 08:41
have tickets been issued to season ticket holders for THE BIG one yet

Re: the big one
markismith50 (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 08:57
Hi, season ticket holders need to contact the ticket office to request their free seat at the game. Most have done so, I think we're down to the last couple of hundred who haven't.

We're in the process now of starting to print off tickets, and these will be with you in good time ahead of the game. As you can imagine it's a big old job and will take a bit of time, but we are on with it and we appreciate your patience.

As ever, if you have any queries just give the ticket office a call.

Re: the big one
nook10 (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 09:17
Thanks Mark

THE BIG ONE
MrDolf (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 07:42
I wrote the attached article for The Mag about the upcoming Northampton game at SJP. Early days but keeping an eye on the comments section the response is very positive and hopefully the desired effect of bringing new fans to rugby is in full swing. Should be a great day

[www.themag.co.uk]

Re: THE BIG ONE
markismith50 (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 08:24
Thanks MrDolf, articles like that help us reach a new audience and are very much appreciated.

We're aware not everyone from the NUFC fan ranks will be won over to the idea, but the general tone of conversation I'm hearing among football fans is positive in the main.

I know quite a few 'non-rugby' folk who are giving it a go, which is great to hear.

Cheers
Smithy

lizard118 (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 10:06
That's a really enjoyable read MrDolf. I think the football club can learn some things from the Falcons especially from a player commitment angle. And I do follow the football club too. But I don't see many players in this nufc team putting their bodies on the line despite relegation again becoming a possibility. It's a sad state of affairs.
On the positive note it's nice to hear some nufc fans will be attending the game.

DJMc (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 10:16
I too found it a very enjoyable read. I hope the Falcons can put on a show similar to the Twickenham final experience, that will surely bring over the open minded NUFC fans.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 10:30
Football supporters tend to be people who are generally interested in sport, not just football. Put something interesting in front of them that they can take an interest in & they will give it a go as much as followers of any other sport.

Leipziger (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 11:37
Very interesting article MrDolf, thanks for sharing!

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 11:53
A nice read thank you.

Falcons_Thunder (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 12:39
Great read thanks

aidanb (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 12:49
I was a former football fan as well as playing rugby and cricket.

Now I have no interest in football other than to aimlessly watch it if there is a game on at home.

But I remember how much passion I once had for football.

I was at the rugby world cup games at SJP and loved it. I am so looking forward to coming to this game as the football stadium is a magnificent venue to have rugby on. Articles like this in The Mag are a brilliant way of spreading the word.

The rugby club must make sure the stewarding of the stadium represents rugby values for this game in order for the rugby club to hopefully attract some more people into Kingston Park.

Duncan Keene (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 13:14
As a Tigers and Leicester City fan enjoyed reading that, well done. The massive potential support for teams like Newcastle is one of the reasons i constantly rally against Premier Rugby's tiny ticket allocations to finalists and policy of selling tickets cheap to neutrals but expensively to fans of the finalists.

MrDolf (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 20:01
Thanks to all for positive feedback, this is shaping up as a season to remember and this game could be pivotal, if Falcons rise to the occasion itís a win/win as 4 (or 5!) points would push further towards a play off place but also another performance like the Exeter or Bath ones could well win a whole new group of supporters (no pressure eh?) Happy to do my bit to promote the event as best I can!

falconbear (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 20:10
Does anyone know if thereís a fans zone at Ďthe big oneí? Weíve got the kids in tow and were wondering the best place to go pre-game. We went to the Shark Bar pre RWC15 games but we didnít have the kids with us.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 20:36
Hi, thereís a fan plaza on Strawberry Place behind the Gallowgate End, open from around 1pm.

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 20:48
Will Strawberry Place be closed to Traffic Smithy?

falconbear (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 20:52
Quote:
markismith50
Hi, thereís a fan plaza on Strawberry Place behind the Gallowgate End, open from around 1pm.

Tremendous. Weíll be there.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 20:57
Yes, FalcDancer, once the fan plaza is open.

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 21:09
Good news
The barriers have been installed for years now and they are hardly used, especially on match days at SJP which is frustrating

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
09 March, 2018 07:55
The city has always been a draw for away fans with great bars and places to eat along with shopping for the non rugby lovers. Having the event in the town centre will no doubt pump a fair bit of extra money into the town. The black and white shirts are a savvy move as I have often had confused rather than engaging interaction with football fans when wearing a falcons shirt in town.
Hopefully it will be incident free and give the police a relatively stress free day in that respect. Iím taking 7, 3 of which are Rugby virgins and should be interesting !!

steve1888 (IP Logged)
09 March, 2018 13:06
The only risk of any issues would be the students , there's been some issues with them in previous encounters at KP but hopefully this will all be good natured - some of the banter between them is quite good if they don't spoil it.

Cumbrian_falcon (IP Logged)
10 March, 2018 00:10
This is everything I wanted to write. I used to watch Carlisle United ( for my sins), both my Dad and I would travel all over to watch them. Inevitably I became a season ticket holder and thatís when I fell out of love with Football. The travel from North East to North West was annoying but because you have the season ticket you feel obligated to go, on a wet Tuesday night game at home to Hereford watching League 1/2 Football and sheer cost £360 (in 2012) is eye watering for that level of sport.

We would always get to a few Falcons games a season just to watch a top flight game as weíve both played Forces Rugby and both to a decent standard and still enjoyed watching the game.

I then started going to the Falcons more and more eventually binning football all together. I found that the buzz was back. Iíve met some brilliant people along the way. The lads and lasses we stand with on the North East Terrace, have been with us for 8+ years and the banter flows. Itís part of the enjoyment of the games. The Supporters Club lot are brilliant and there is nothing better than an away day.

For me itís the sense of belonging that you have with the Club. The ethos and core values of Rugby are still there, and havenít been eroded away, as we march on through the professional era. The Club has not forgot its ďBroughtings upĒ as my Nana would say.

The little things matter, my sons Season Ticket is free, the invites to Christmas Parties, Junior Falcons days, the Players stopping to acknowledge you at away games. These are things that we as a club and a sport get right and it should be celebrated.

Thatís why even though I now live in South East Cumbria and my Dad is in Humberside we have both committed to a 3 year season ticket.

Letís hope for a massive attendance at SJP , and that a small percentage of those attending for the first time, watching the egg shaped ball will come back to watch us at KP.

Quote:
aidanb
I was a former football fan as well as playing rugby and cricket.
Now I have no interest in football other than to aimlessly watch it if there is a game on at home.

But I remember how much passion I once had for football.

I was at the rugby world cup games at SJP and loved it. I am so looking forward to coming to this game as the football stadium is a magnificent venue to have rugby on. Articles like this in The Mag are a brilliant way of spreading the word.

The rugby club must make sure the stewarding of the stadium represents rugby values for this game in order for the rugby club to hopefully attract some more people into Kingston Park.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
10 March, 2018 10:38
Quote:
alnwickfalcon
For me itís the sense of belonging that you have with the Club.

I know exactly what you mean AF. You walk into KP on a match day and it feels like home.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
10 March, 2018 10:55
Some great sales figures to report later today...

markismith50 (IP Logged)
10 March, 2018 16:24
[www.newcastlefalcons.co.uk] 20,000 and counting!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2018 16:25 by markismith50.

dick g (IP Logged)
10 March, 2018 16:33
Getting so much better sll the time,
Better,better, betterrrrr

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
10 March, 2018 21:44
This venture looks like being well worth it financially
We just need to make it count on the pitch now

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 18:37
11 days out and we have now passed 21000 tickets

alas (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 23:35
Harrison suspended for the Big One. [www.bbc.co.uk]

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 12:28
The Saints board is worth a read where they discuss Harrison's ban.
Linky thing.
(Sm22)

It turns out that head butting somebody in the face is to be quietly tut-tutted at, but the truly unacceptable behaviour involved was that of Catt who had the audacity to object to being head butted, and the outrageous behaviour of the Bath crowd who also objected to the incident. Bear in mind that these are the same people who have on many occasions defended their Saint Dylan Hartley after he has bitten somebody's finger, gouged eyes, abused the referee, or taken a cowardly attack on an opposition player because he had thrown his toys out of the pram yet again.

So, booing a Saints player who commits a blatant red card offence is unacceptable, but a Saints player verbally abusing the referee is quite ok. Nothing one-eyed about that then.

lizard118 (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 15:14
Northampton have had some thuggish players over the years, so no surprise some of their fans find Harrison's behaviour acceptable. The roll of honour; Corne Krige, Calum Clarke, Dylan Hartley, and the aforementioned Harrison. I'm sure there are a few I've missed.

14 March, 2018 15:37
I watched the game, the clear-out was OTT an d then his reaction to being held down/pushed seemed excessive, I wonder if he was just fed up in general. he's been a standout performer for them in a poor season maybe his frustration just got the better of him.

trummy200 (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 16:08
No room in the game for that sort of action - he got off light. I will accept that it was a half hearted head butt - but still a head butt

pa8 (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 17:20
I see Courtney Lawes will be missing as well, heís out for the rest of the season with a knee ligament problem.

Osric (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 19:16
There's always a danger here - let he without sin cast the first stone etc. When I last posted on here about Calum Clark's assault on Rob Hawkins I copped a load of .... about Deano and blood gate. Players know they need to careful these days but some of the current card offences look pretty tame - particularly the penalties for so-called high tackles.

Osric (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 19:38
Having just read the Saints posts on this, the vast majority are saying that TH's ban is fair and, if anything, he should have got longer. We do need to be careful when referring to other board's posts selectively and presenting them as something they're not. it has been known, on rare occasions, for Falcons fans to post on here views that don't have widespread support. It's never good when they're taken as being representative of the general view, when they're clearly not.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 20:49
Aye Osric, the majority of Saints supporters are a great bunch, just as the majority on other message boards are too, including this one, but there are some clowns, and they offer amusement.

14 March, 2018 21:22
Has anyone received their tickets yet?

I just dropped the ticket office a little email to see when they'll be getting sent out.

exhooker (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 23:27
I had an email today confirming my ticket order and number. That interests me because when I had an email last week reminding me as a season ticket holder that I hadn't booked my ticket I responded by saying that the 5.30 ko meant I couldn't go.
Methinks a call in tomorrow morning

concolor (IP Logged)
15 March, 2018 07:20
Mine arrived Tuesday so they are sending them out.

dick g (IP Logged)
15 March, 2018 18:52
Ticket arrived. Will I find many more South Stand Regulars with me in the East Stand Paddock?

Wensleydale Falcon (IP Logged)
15 March, 2018 19:54
We've now passed 22,222 which is a great effort by all involved.
Just over a week to go so let's all keep spreading the word as best we can to do our bit. Every ticket counts...it would be awesome to get to 25k.

15 March, 2018 20:13
Yeah I got an email back saying that tickets were being printed and being sent out this week

Whats the clubs official record attendance? Thats goinng to be blown out the water isnt it!

markismith50 (IP Logged)
15 March, 2018 20:26
11,750 v Bath in 1998. Target is to double it

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net