rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Saturday 24th February v Harlequins at The Stoop, 2.30pm

Saturday 3rd March v Gloucester at Kingsholm, 3.00pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 29-12 Bath

Anglo Welsh SF
pa8 (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 12:31
Game confirmed for Sunday 11/3/18

[www.premiershiprugby.com]

Re: Anglo Welsh SF
Brave new world (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 13:10
Not the best day for you guys but if you do come down it will be a guarenteed 10 degrees warmer :-)

geordie7 (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 13:10
Hope supporters bus on

dick g (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 13:26
Semis should be at neutral grounds. Ricoh would suit us both.

Davidten31 (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 16:15
I tweeted this morning to both the club and BTSport, apparently it was out of the club's hands as the tv dictated who and when. What makes the decision worse is that the other game is on the Friday night!! So what was stopping them putting our game on the Saturday so it would give the traveling support a chance to get down there and back over a weekendI like we did earlier in the season. I was going to fly down again, but that is out of the question now.
Hopefully the club put a bus on or we drive down but that means im going to have to get the monday off from work to travel back up !!!
No thought or consideration what so ever towards our club or the traveling supporters

markismith50 (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 16:24
Hi, as has been pointed out we get no say whatsoever in the scheduling of this, with it being a TV game.

The logistics around team travel have been a nightmare as there are no flights down on a Saturday so we are having a shocker trying to get the squad there without a 9-hour bus trip in their legs. We fully appreciate the frustrations of supporters and thank you for your understanding.

We'll undoubtedly be showing the game in the KP bars on the day, and I'm sure we'll have details on that nearer the time.

Cheers
Smithy

eebagum (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 17:28
Seems like the powers-that-be have also decided that it's a Bath v Exeter Final as its to be played at Kingsholm!
Why does a decision have to be made before the semis have been played.
If a decision does have to be made, why not a central ground such as the Ricoh.
Let's hope it's a Saints v Falcons final and we both boycott the venue by watching it on big screens at Kingston Park/Franklin Gardens.

exhooker (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 17:54
The Saturday is a 6 nations day and that is why Sunday is a 1.00 ko. In all fairness the Kingsholm venue was announced qa very long time ago.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 18:17
Eebagum, Kingsholm was chosen as the venue for the final ages ago, as normally happens.

Davidten31 (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 18:31
Exhooker, last saturday was a six nations day but we still had our 1/4 final with Gloucester, so that's no excuse. It's like I've said and smithy, there has been no consideration for the club, players or its supporters who would have travelled.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2018 18:33 by Davidten31.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 18:44
DavidTen, we werenít on TV last weekend though. BT Sport would be insane to put a club game on at the same time as a 6 Nations match. It would be ratings suicide

eebagum (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 19:01
So the venue for the final was announced ages ago.. Kingsholm -'as normally happens' but this does not make it right Smithy. What would have happened if the Final was Falcons v Gloucester ...played at Kingsholm?
Presumably the game would have been played at Kingsholm.Totally unreasonable and unacceptable.You simply cannot defend the procedure making these arrangements.
It's a pity the final is nt Quins v Exeter to be played at........Kingston Park,- the decision on venue having been made 'as normally happens' ages ago!Can you imagine the outburst?
No Smithy,let common sense prevail and make the necessary representations in the interests of all supporters.

alas (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 19:33
No point getting worked up about a minor competition. Neutral venues for semis would risk a very low crowd and the Falcons had 35 minutes to score a try and avoid the trip to Exeter.

eebagum (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 19:50
Alas it's the principle, or total lack of them, which is the issue.
I make my point in the interest of all supporters, not just the Falcons.
So if we had scored a try, would that have meant Chiefs fans had to travel to Newcastle.
Whichever, the Competition is poorly thought through.
I do however take you comment about it being a minor competition- who knows we may not be having this communication next year- even if the venue for the Final has already been decided!

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 07:15
The Supporters Club will not be able to arrange a bus for this one. The cost is outrageous, and not that many people will be able to take the Monday off. Exeter on a Sunday has unfortunately killed it off. We can however join up to watch the game at KP & make a good day of it.

On the up side, there will be a bus to Sixways for the Wuss game, details up soon.

Leipziger (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 08:58
Quote:
Davidten31
I tweeted this morning to both the club and BTSport, apparently it was out of the club's hands as the tv dictated who and when. What makes the decision worse is that the other game is on the Friday night!! So what was stopping them putting our game on the Saturday so it would give the traveling support a chance to get down there and back over a weekendI like we did earlier in the season. I was going to fly down again, but that is out of the question now.
Hopefully the club put a bus on or we drive down but that means im going to have to get the monday off from work to travel back up !!!
No thought or consideration what so ever towards our club or the traveling supporters

As has been said, there are Six Nations games on on Saturday so the game would have to be played Saturday lunchtime or evening. At least they've put the long-distance game on the Sunday this time and the shorter one on the Friday - I remember last time we were in the semis, we travelled to Harlequins on a Friday night and Gloucester v Newport was on the Sunday lunchtime!

markismith50 (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 09:09
Apparently Exeter aren't allowed to play home games on a Friday due to local issues so, given that BT had said one of the games was going to be a Friday, we were always destined for the other slot.

eastfalcon (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 13:43
So none of the Welsh teams took this cup seriously - all finishing bottom of their groups... and some English teams didn't either! I think the whole concept really needs a shake up for next season.

Onwards and Upwards!

Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 13:50
Quote:
eastfalcon
So none of the Welsh teams took this cup seriously - all finishing bottom of their groups... and some English teams didn't either! I think the whole concept really needs a shake up for next season.
Seconded

Leipziger (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 16:54
Quote:
eastfalcon

Pretty standard for some teams to do this, I think we went about four years at one stage without winning an actual game. But some clubs use it as a purely development competition, so the results won't be as important to them as getting young players game time.

Davidten31 (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 17:04
Gutted not to be going down to Exeter, hopefully the lads will do the business at SP and we can all head down to Gloucester for the final.
Probably head over to KP to watch the game and make a day of it. Pleased the supporters club are putting a bus on for the Worcester game, looking forward to that one.

Susiewong (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 17:08
Smithy, surely a flight to Bristol and coach to Exeter on the Saturday would be better for the team than a road trip from here??

markismith50 (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 17:26
Susie, there arenít flights to Bristol which suit our needs time wise. Same with Exeter flights.

dick g (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 17:29
Quote:
Brave new world
Not the best day for you guys but if you do come down it will be a guarenteed 10 degrees warmer :-)

Warm weather žs for Wimps.

zackary71 (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 21:07
Quote:
markismith50
Susie, there arenít flights to Bristol which suit our needs time wise. Same with Exeter flights.
More to the point, no flights to Bristol full stop on the Saturday !
Just a thought Smithy, but with 100 tickets being available through the ticket office, isn't a Charter flight an option ? Include supporters in the mix to make it more economically viable ?

markismith50 (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 21:12
Correct Zack, no flights on Sat to Exe or Briz. We looked at charter but costs were prohibitive, even taking into account the possibility of some fans joining us.

boston chief (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 10:18
I guess the train is an option. Comfy, only 6 hours and with a block booking might be a relatively cheap option.

I do hope some of you can make it down - you know you're always very welcome.

Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 10:55
I would have thought a block booking on the train would work if it can be done?

dick g (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 12:03
In the old amateur days, Northumberland County RFU hired a whole train to take fans to Twickenham for the County Final. Somebody did beer and sarnies sold in the guard's van. Memorable trip. But I've forgotten the result.

trummy200 (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 20:59
Is Newcastle to Southampton fly an option, then coach Southampton to Exeter - seems fairly regular flights between the two

markismith50 (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 21:08
Think thatís what the team will end up doing, then back via Bristol Sun night.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net