rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Friday 16 November v Harlequins at Twickenham Stoop, 7.45pm

Friday 23 November v Bath Rugby at Kingston Park, 7.45pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 22-7 Bath Rugby

The Chronicle website carried a Falcons story!
markismith50 (IP Logged)
18 February, 2018 00:44
Please forgive the petty politics but we’ve been fighting an ongoing battle with the Chronicle bosses to get Falcons coverage on their website. Well, they’ve finally listened.

[www.chroniclelive.co.uk]

The one language these guys understand is web stats. If nobody reads it they won’t publish it, so feel free to read and share this link to prove to the stats folks that there’s an audience for Falcons content.

They had a writer at the game and got exclusive interviews afterwards. It all goes in the printed paper but online exposure is the big battle. Your help as always is appreciated.

Cheers,
Smithy

Re: The Chronicle website carried a Falcons story!
dick g (IP Logged)
18 February, 2018 08:52
The news room at the Chronicle and Journal now boasts a large screen clocking how many "hits" online stories are getting. This is all that now matters both in news and sport coverage.

Had a drink with former Journal colleagues last week to mark the closure of Thomson House where I went to work 50 years ago next month. What few "journalists" now remaining have moved to new offices in Eldon Square.

Remember the time when the Falcons was covered by Duncan Madsen (Ex - Gosforth and Scotland hooker) for the Chronicle and Alan Hedley for the Journal? Such coverage will never return.

Oh, and the Journal circulation is now just 10,500 a day. The future is bleak for print.

Sorry for the offf-pitch groany moany, but just to confirm the struggle Smithy is having. The Rugby Paper may annoy at times, but at least it takes our game seriously.

On a more positive note, I am starting to look forward to the play-offs!

Osric (IP Logged)
18 February, 2018 09:22
I had a look and was reminded why I never go on that site. Trying to access it from my I pad isn't worth the effort, as the page dances around, needs to reload half a dozen times, doesn't scroll properly etc etc. I know it's off topic, but a circulation of 10,500 doesn't sound healthy.

dick g (IP Logged)
18 February, 2018 09:50
Back again. When I joined The Journal it was selling 120,000. Mind, this was a time when United were winning the old Fairs Cup. When I left in 2003, it was still selling around 75,000. If I am saying it was better in the Good Old Days it's because it was!

aidanb (IP Logged)
18 February, 2018 16:23
It sounds as if you shouldn’t have left Dick

dick g (IP Logged)
18 February, 2018 16:33
My presence would not have halted the inexorable progress of the digital monster and I would have appeared as a relic from a bygone age. Which I am. ....

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
18 February, 2018 16:44
Newspapers as we know them are doomed, it is just a matter of how long it takes them to die. For the Journal, the only people I know who buy the thing are old, and off they toddle every morning to get their papers. Soon they will all be gone, and the printed Journal with them. The Chron is probably on a similar slippery slope.

People don't want to read newspapers these days, they want news now, as it happens, on their iPhones, constant feeds along with their Facebook, Twitter & whatever else they spend all blasted day looking at on their phones. News must be free, but they don't want adverts either, so online versions of the papers are no doubt eventually doomed too.

The Journal used to be a great paper but that is because people like me paid money so that people like Dick & Smithy could write stuff that was worth reading.

Susiewong (IP Logged)
19 February, 2018 09:24
Just tried to read the chronicle on line but it jumps all over the place. Probably better off buying a hard copy but that still jumps around, best try an cut down on the drink me thinks!!!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net