rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Sunday 16 December v Edinburgh Rugby at Kingston Park, 3.15pm

Sunday 23 December v Gloucester Rugby at Kingston Park, 3.00pm

Last result: Edinburgh Rugby 31-13 Newcastle Falcons

Kingston Park access
AJfalc (IP Logged)
21 February, 2018 13:47
Why does it take so long to be able to park a car at Kingston Park.
This is costing the club MONEY. I left home in good time just to be stuck in traffic at the ground. By the time I finally got parked it was too late for a drink and there was dozens / hundreds of cars behind me.

Re: Kingston Park access
markismith50 (IP Logged)
21 February, 2018 14:30
Hi, we park cars in the swiftest manner possible. It would be self-defeating to do otherwise and we review these procedures regularly. There will inevitably be bottle necks in the hour before kick-off and after full time, and we do our best to manage these.

The advice is always to allow as much time as you can when travelling to the ground, leave as early as possible, though we do of course appreciate people have work and family commitments which can dictate their departure time.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
21 February, 2018 18:48
Once you get off Brunton Road & into the ground, parking is very well organised & quick. The problem is getting to that point on the public roads if there is a lot of traffic, there is nothing that the club can do about it.

You should try other parts of the country, traffic around here is absolutely nothing in comparison. We are very lucky.

Kingston Parker (IP Logged)
21 February, 2018 22:14
Can you drive straight to the school and park there or do you have to wait until the car park is full?

Leipziger (IP Logged)
22 February, 2018 08:07
We had no problems getting into the car park for the Harlequins and (cup) Gloucester games, but we did arrive an hour before kickoff. On the other hand, on Friday night I parked at a friend's house at Bank Foot about twenty mins before kickoff and there was quite a queue of cars to get into KP. So time of arrival will be a major factor in ease of access.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
22 February, 2018 08:58
Other than continually urging people to get here early, which we constantly do, there isn't a huge amount we can do about traffic in the local area. In terms of our own on-site parking management we do review it every week, but clearly there will be busy periods immediately before and after the game where large numbers of people are trying to use the same piece of road.

aidanb (IP Logged)
22 February, 2018 09:10
The first thing I would ask is if you have got rid of the numpty steward who earlier in the season was telling people the car park was full. People with car park tickets were being turned away despite me buying one seconds ahead of him and getting parked in a half empty car park.

AJfalc (IP Logged)
22 February, 2018 09:15
The volume of traffic on the local roads isn't the problem. The problem starts at the 1 entrance which then has 1 of the 2 lanes blocked, and nothing moves. Lots of people with hi viz jackets waving their arms like windmills !!
PS I arrived at KP 6.45.
To begin with I was in the queue just before the exit.
Cars must be dropping people off, coming out and wanting to turn right up to Twin Farms. Everyone being kind let's them out - meaning the queue doesn't move.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net