rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Friday 28 September v Wasps at Kingston Park, 7.45pm

Saturday 6 October v Sale Sharks at AJ Bell Stadium, 3.00pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 17-24 Exeter Chiefs

Gloucester v falcons
Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 13:37
After such a good result against quinns we now have a hard test ahead at kingsholm . Any thoughts or predictions for the game?

Re: Gloucester v falcons
Monkey1 (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 13:59
Quote:
Rafpilot2000
Any thoughts or predictions for the game?

Who wants to be the first to tempt fate.
(Sm100)

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 14:03
Certainly don’t want to jinx the game. Gloucester have aspirations of a top 4 Finnish and are playing pretty well. Equally they have been less decimated by the 6 nations than Quinn’s.
As always it would be arrogant to think we should win but a point or two would be quite nice.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 14:07
I’m willing to go on record as saying I’ll 100% definitely visit the chippy over the road after the game.

Falcons_Thunder (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 14:30
Quote:
markismith50
I’m willing to go on record as saying I’ll 100% definitely visit the chippy over the road after the game.

Hahaha it is a decent chippy smithy

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 14:48
I will too, unless we thump them at which point I may sneak out of the ground and run away bravely !!

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 14:53
If you are in the Shed Pilot, look out for a nutter in a Northumbrian kilt, with mini-me in tow wearing the same. It would be good to meet you.

alas (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 15:06
To take the points the Falcons will have to be a lot better than they were against Gloucester at KP. Then they just went from side to side and let in some soft tries.

dick g (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 15:18
WWW!

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 15:33
Not sure I want to stand next to anyone wearing a ‘skirt’ in the shed!!!
Think I may opt to be a tad more refined with a seat!!;-) however will keep an eye out!!
Always great banter in the Shed and should be a cracking game.

eastfalcon (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 15:59
Quote:
Monkey1
If you are in the Shed Pilot, look out for a nutter in a Northumbrian kilt, with mini-me in tow wearing the same. It would be good to meet you.

I will be with our crowd in the Shed too - and enjoying a few drinks on this trip!!! I have a hotel booked for Saturday night at Scotch Corner.drinking smiley(Sm6)

Onwards and Upwards!

Osric (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 17:05
Quins were poor. Can’t see Glos being anything like as weak. Toughie

Wensleydale Falcon (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 18:26
Glaws are an extremely good side when they click so it will be a very tough test for us.

I don't agree with the comments that Harlequins were poor as i thought we played very well and executed our game plan well. We dominated the first half and the pressure we applied on them in their 22 really should have led to us scoring more points.
They conceded 9 penalties in their 22 in the first half due to our constant pressure eventually leading to a couple of yellows.
This paid off in the second half where we put them to bed easily I thought.
The result was down to how well we played, not how poor Harlequins were in my opinion.

Marco19819 (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 18:54
I think we need to go and be positive and beat them up. Its an easy team talk. They beat us up at our place in the worst performance of the season...GO AND PUT IT RIGHT BOYS.

Mark Wilson went over after 10 minutes on sat. Will he be fit?

Marco19819 (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 18:54
I mean "beat them up" in the nicest and most respectful rugby way.

pa8 (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 19:48
Mark had a pronounced limp when he came off on Saturday. I’d be surprised if he played this week. Mind you I wouldn’t know what a hamstring was, always thought it was something backs complained about when it was cold or wet.

lizard118 (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 22:44
Gloucester are undefeated at home this season. The only undefeated team at home in the AP this season. This is our challenge, but I think it will weigh heavier on Gloucester being the home side to maintain their run.

We just need to go there and stick to what we've been doing. Our defence is hugely impressive and may actually be the difference in the end.

Leipziger (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 07:33
I can see us winning, but Gloucester have been so strong at home this season that if I had to bet, I'd say they'll win with a bonus point for us. Although I also think there will be tries and wouldn't be surprised to see both teams get try BPs.

Falcons_Thunder (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 09:15
After my sarries kiss of death I'm not commenting on potential restults. But to be fair the team shouldn't need motivation for this one if they want champions cup rugby next season well to be frank it's in their hands to lose now and if they want some/more international recognition then they need to be playing in Europe's premier rugby competition playing against the best club sides in the northern hemisphere.

So no team talk needed, right?

exhooker (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 11:10
I~ reckon this one's too close to call...so I shall remain hopeful.

Osric (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 14:59
WF - you could well be right re Quins as I was going off listening to the ‘radio’ and watching two mins of highlights.
Tough assignment this week.

skip mcskipper (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 20:03
I wonder if gary graham will be fit?

alas (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 20:26
Graham's been out for a while and Chick looked good in the highlights of the Quins game. Hogg has also been playing well.

pa8 (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 08:40
With this weather expected to last until the weekend and with planes and trains cancelled and the roads awful, at what point will they have to make a decision on whether the game goes ahead on Saturday?

aidanb (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 08:51
Quote:
pa8
With this weather expected to last until the weekend and with planes and trains cancelled and the roads awful, at what point will they have to make a decision on whether the game goes ahead on Saturday?

Yes
It’s not jut a pitch inspection or a stadium inspection.
It has to also be about the travel to and from for both home and away fans.

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 11:12
Pitch is undercover and fine and stands will also be fine for the game. My contact at the club did emphasise that they have no control over the condition of the roads between Newcastle and kingsholm.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 12:03
Just because somebody at the BBC has given this bit of snowy weather a stupid name does not mean we are all going to die. I talked to a customer in Aberdeen, supposedly with no power & disappearing under a growing ice cap, he says it is fine up there. Another customer in Glasgow, where the airport is shut & trains cancelled described the amount of snow they have as f!!! all.

There is a bit of snow forecast to fall on roads between us & Gloucester tomorrow & Friday, it will be gone by Saturday, you don't have to worry about the game being cancelled in Gloucester on Saturday due to a bit of snow in Northumberland a few days before.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net