rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Friday 21 September v Exeter Chiefs at Kingston Park, 7.45pm

Friday 28 September v Wasps at Kingston Park, 7.45pm

Last result: Worcester Warriors 20-23 Newcastle Falcons

Gloucester v Falcons Sat 3rd March - teams
aidanb (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 12:00
Newcastle Falcons team to face Gloucester Rugby (Saturday, 3pm, Kingsholm)

15 Simon Hammersley, 14 Vereniki Goneva, 13 Chris Harris, 12 Josh Matavesi,
11 Sinoti Sinoti, 10 Toby Flood, 9 Michael Young, 1 Rob Vickers, 2 Kyle Cooper, 3 Jon Welsh, 4 Calum Green, 5 Sean Robinson, 6 Ally Hogg, 7 Will Welch (captain), 8 Nili Latu,

Replacements

16 Scott Lawson, 17 Sam Lockwood, 18 Trevor Davison, 19 Will Witty, 20 Callum Chick, 21 Sonatane Takulua, 22 Joel Hodgson, 23 Maxime Mermoz,

Gloucester Rugby:

15. Jason Woodward; 14. Charlie Sharples, 13. Matt Scott, 12. Mark Atkinson, 11. David Halaifonua; 10. Billy Burns, 9. Willi Heinz (capt); 1. Val Rapava Ruskin, 2. Richard Hibbard, 3. Fraser Balmain; 4. Tom Savage, 5. Mariano Galarza; 6. Freddie Clarke, 7. Jake Polledri, 8. Ruan Ackermann

Replacements:

16. Motu Matu'u, 17. Josh Hohneck, 18. John Afoa, 19. Ed Slater, 20. Lewis Ludlow, 21. Callum Braley, 22. Billy Twelvetrees, 23. Tom Marshall

Unavailable for selection:

Lloyd Evans, James Hanson, Ben Morgan, Henry Purdy, Jacob Rowan, Andy Symons, Ollie Thorley

Referee: Craig Maxwell-Keys

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2018 12:39 by aidanb.

Re: Gloucester v Falcons Sat 3rd March - teams
Monkey1 (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 12:03
That looks an excellent team, the only slight worry of mine being the name at the very bottom.

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 12:07
Looks a solid team sad to see no Mark Wilson. smiling smiley

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 12:25
Two very good teams makes for a good game
Maxwell Keys, say no more

aidanb (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 12:36
He is Key to both teams

aidanb (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 12:36
I will get my coat

Benpj17 (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 12:45
The 2 games we have had maxwell keys this year we have won, both away from home

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 12:55
Quote:
Benpj17
The 2 games we have had maxwell keys this year we have won, both away from home

I take back what I wrote. I love the man & want to have his babies. Finest referee in the land, all round good bloke, deserving of a knighthood at the very least.

Please note, this opinion could change by 5pm tomorrow.

steve1888 (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 13:22
I had a dream last night we'd lost this game 57-12 but won every game after that and beat Exeter in play off semi but I was going to miss the final because it was delayed a week due to problems at Twickenham and we were in Pirates village.

Anyway two good sides should make for a very good game and I think we'll snatch it last 10 mins.

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 15:19
Two strong sides. Decent match up. The team bus is making good progress.

Looking forward to a good game.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 19:08
Quote:
steve1888
I had a dream last night we'd lost this game 57-12 but won every game after that and beat Exeter in play off semi but I was going to miss the final because it was delayed a week due to problems at Twickenham and we were in Pirates village.

I've told you before about eating cheese before bedtime.
(Sm102)

sparkyweb (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 20:26
Quote:
Monkey1
Quote:
steve1888

I've told you before about eating cheese before bedtime.
(Sm102)

Better than my dream. I woke up dreaming of hummus. I don't even like it!

exhooker (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 22:28
Maxwell Keys has improved enormously with a couple of extra years experience. I no longer have a fit of the heeby jeebies when I see his name.

pityacker (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 07:20
Must agree 're Maxwell-Keys he now seems to understand how to let the game flow not constantly blowing his whistle making the game a nightmare to watch and will probably end up a top international referee.

Leipziger (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 07:43
I had a dream last night in which I was chatting with Maro Itoje at a game. It didn't start off well though when I called him 'Mario' :-(

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net