rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Sunday 16 December v Edinburgh Rugby at Kingston Park, 3.15pm

Sunday 23 December v Gloucester Rugby at Kingston Park, 3.00pm

Last result: Edinburgh Rugby 31-13 Newcastle Falcons

Fisslerís latest rumour
pa8 (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 10:37
Fissler reporting in TRP that Glaws centre Andy Symons will replace JPS who is joining Edinburgh.

Re: Fisslerís latest rumour
Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 11:13
Very similar players but considerably different in stature

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 11:20
Scott is about 3 years younger and EQ too. Not sure what Glaws fans think about him.

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 11:35
Surprised we didn't look at Matt Scott the Scottish centre for Gloucester he scores a lot, going to Edinburgh for next season. smiling smiley

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 11:35
Iím guessing given our performance this season, the corps díesprit amongst the players, overdue international acknowledgment and the North Eastís excellent night life and welcoming fans a lot of players will now be looking at options further up the country.

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 11:38
Just looked Andy Symons is a big centre 6'5 and well over 16 stone. smiling smiley

Mafia (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 11:54
Can we have Huw Jones please!!

To be honest I would rather have JPS and Josh with options for Mermoz and Flood to cover inside centre.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 11:57
I would prefer to keep the player we know, and he knows us. It works.

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 14:04
Yes Monkey I would as well

alas (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 17:44
I would like to keep Socino as well, but Harris opting for Scotland might mean to Falcons need a centre who is EQ.

Falcons_Thunder (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 22:35
So we lose JP an international class player and bring in Symons?? No offence to the lad but he's not the type of player we want if we wanna make the step of premiership challengers?

skip mcskipper (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 07:27
Has the JPS transfer been confirmed?

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 08:30
I also would rather see us keep JPS. smiling smiley

mannin (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 09:15
There's obviously a reason that the JPS rumours won't go away and also obviously a reason he wants to leave if they are true.

Sometimes the club decides to move on, sometimes the player just wants to leave.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 10:00
It is of course no more than a rumour from Fissler's gossip column. It could be true, it could be cobblers.

mannin (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 10:45
True, but it's being reported in various places.

pa8 (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 10:55
Probably the same source though.

Leipziger (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 11:30
Quote:
skip mcskipper
Has the JPS transfer been confirmed?

Not yet that I'm aware of but since when it comes to rugby transfers, Fissler walks this Earth like a god, you can bet your house that it'll happen.

(Sm111)

sparkyweb (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 13:03
Just been announced

Link here

05 March, 2018 13:19
Massive loss and a big step backwards, I recon Santiago will prob go too

Benpj17 (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 13:23
Quote:
Falcons_Thunder
Wouldnít say it was a big step backwards, JPS hasnít been a guaranteed starter over the last few months, I think Dean will have another gem up his sleeve to fill the gap

mannin (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 13:32
Sounds like he was just going to be too expensive with Mermoz, Harris, Matavesi locked down.

Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 13:46
He's 29 though so I would hope we get someone in who is early twenties and we get 5-6 years out of them

05 March, 2018 14:27
Quote:
Benpj17
Quote:
Falcons_Thunder
Wouldnít say it was a big step backwards, JPS hasnít been a guaranteed starter over the last few months, I think Dean will have another gem up his sleeve to fill the gap

We will agree to disagree on this one. Has he not been Falcons players of the season twice in four years?

Wensleydale Falcon (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 14:59
Agreed Benpj17 as i also do not see this as a massive step back.If Santi also goes then so be it...... Players move on for whatever their reasons, but i am sure that Deano has it all under control.

Benpj17 (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 15:23
Quote:
Falcons_Thunder
Quote:
Benpj17
Quote:
Falcons_Thunder

We will agree to disagree on this one. Has he not been Falcons players of the season twice in four years?

He wasnít last years player of the season and he wonít be this years, yes he has been a great player for the falcons but at the age of 29 and not guaranteed a place in the match day 23 I just donít see it as a step back

GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 15:41
JPS is a crackin player...

However Matavesi has finally settled in and has been top class...and is an absolute man mountain to go with it. Mermoz is finally fit, and theres Matavesi Jr coming through aswell who is huge also.

Flood can play 12 as well.

Maybe it was felt JP was the one to move on.

CharlieDog (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 17:51
Quote:
GeordieFalcon
JPS is a crackin player...
However Matavesi has finally settled in and has been top class...and is an absolute man mountain to go with it. Mermoz is finally fit, and theres Matavesi Jr coming through aswell who is huge also.

Flood can play 12 as well.

Maybe it was felt JP was the one to move on.

Totally agree, it's a shame...... but not massive and certainly not a step backwards.

JPS has been a great servant and I wish him well

Andy Mac (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 19:30
If Santi does leave and McGuigan signs then I think we're slightly up on the deal.

steve1888 (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 19:42
I'd agree with that

GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 15:07
Mcguigan coming back...? Is that looking legit?

Mixed thoughts on that one.

mannin (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 09:56
Seems to be.

alas (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 10:04
For me McGuigan is just an inferior version of Cooper, plus he's been injury prone at Leicester. Santiago offers something different with his pace and offloading game.

trummy200 (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 15:22
Been impressed with Copper's form- was about to say a real tiger but THAT would be bad form!

Kwa444 (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 15:27
I'm not sure being an inferior version of Cooper is a bad thing. Maybe he'll learn from the great man and develop to be a carbon copy. I was very impressed with Copper' s performance at Glaws.

Wensleydale Falcon (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 16:06
Several pundits commenting that he is the best hooker in the Premiership this season.

Can,t disagree on the form he has shown!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net