rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Friday 27-Saturday 28 July Premiership Sevens at Franklin's Gardens

Saturday 11 August v Nottingham Rugby at Kingston Park, 3.00pm

Last result: Exeter Chiefs 36-5 Newcastle Falcons

If we beat Exeter on Sunday....
Monkey1 (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 07:18
Life was so much easier when we knew where we stood. Beating Exeter at Sandy Park? - no chance.

Now things are very different, and there is no reason why we can't do it. If we do that means we get to the final at Kingsholm the following weekend against either Saints or Bath. The Supporters Club will be running a bus or buses, we are ready for whatever happens.

Re: If we beat Exeter on Sunday....
exhooker (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 08:15
The best line in Dean's interview on the Channel 5 highlights was " we have the cup semi final next week and hopefully the final the week after".
It's a tough game but who knows.

Leipziger (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 10:16
Even after this brilliant season, to beat Exeter away and get to the final would be something amazing.

pityacker (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 10:30
Exeter have exceptionally strong squad strength plus a seemingly endless supply of quality youngsters coming through their academy and rarely lose at Sandy Park. Am curious to see what strength sides are put out by both clubs and despite our fantastic season itís going to be difficult down there.

Cantabrian (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 13:44
If we lose next Sunday we will have a two week break before the Big One after a really tough set of Premiership games. Beat the Chiefs and we might be facing the Saints twice in two weeks. Not sure which I prefer, but I would have thought finishing sixth or better in the Premiership should be our main goal.

Marco19819 (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 14:09
Agree and i would like to see the players that have got the club to that position given the chance to continue. Radwan et al

Go for it!

Falcons_Thunder (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 11:10
Karl Dickson is the ref

Wampum (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 11:15
Its an interesting one. We stick with the players who have got us this far and I dont think that will change. Wuss put out thier first team and beat us so does Dean think similarly?

Falcons_Thunder (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 11:22
We put out the team that can win. It doesn't matter who did and didn't get us there it's a whole team effort. We are 2wins away from silverware

upwardonward (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 11:45
Its a tough call on team selection for this one,but what a lovely position to find us in.
Is it All about priorities?
IMO Its all about desire,attitude,hunger,and team spirit.We have it in bucket loads.
We will find out who is up for the challenge v Exeter shortly.
5 Premiership games to run.3 Home 2 away.Is that the focus? Top 4? Top 6? Which we all want.
2 games from a Cup and Silverware, which we all want to win.
3 Games from a Euro Challenge Cup, which we all want to win.
I must admit I can not wait to see the team selections from both sides.
Would love a cup but IMO its Premiership,European Challenge then Anglo Welsh.
Just hope Mark Wilson is not out to miss this run in.
Good Luck to whoever plays ,I know they will be giving it 100% for us fans and that's all we ever ask.

CharlieDog (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 23:18
Problem is theres more money for winning the AWC than the challenge cup as I understand (was told tonight).... and it's only 2 games (SF / F)

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
08 March, 2018 07:23
I am sure I read that there is no money at all for competing in the Champions Cup, just ticket revenue to cover the costs, and only the winner gets any dosh at all. Considering how much dosh must come in from TV rights etc, you have to wonder where the money goes.

Maybe this man knows?

https://secure.i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01804/sepp-blatter_1804154c.jpg

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net