rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Sunday 14 October v Toulon at Stade Felix-Mayol, 3.15pm (UK time)

Sunday 21 October v Montpellier at Kingston Park, 1.00pm

Last result: Sale Sharks 20-7 Newcastle Falcons

Tom Arscott
pa8 (IP Logged)
11 March, 2018 10:49
TRP - Fissler to be exact - has Tom Arscott joining us in the summer, having played for Stade Rouennais this season. He of team news leaking fame.

Re: Tom Arscott
pityacker (IP Logged)
11 March, 2018 11:38
Not impressed if it's true just can't see any point of signing him it's a step backwards.

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
11 March, 2018 12:21
I thought he was a good player at Sale, he knew where the try line was
If DTH is leaving then Arscott would be a cheaper replacement but EQP and just as able
With Goneva & Sinoti at the club most wingers are going to be squad players

Falcons_Thunder (IP Logged)
11 March, 2018 13:39
Squad player. And a good player on his day

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
11 March, 2018 14:38
A good try scorer on his day wouldn't be a bad signing. smiling smiley

lizard118 (IP Logged)
11 March, 2018 15:41
My worry is that we are at risk of becoming dads army in the wing positions IF we also sign Arscott.

pityacker (IP Logged)
11 March, 2018 15:46
Another over 30 he is 31 in August.

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
11 March, 2018 16:32
Maybe we are just not going to invest much in the backs and do we really need to, I would rather see us bring in a top quality prop what are never that cheap. smiling smiley

Osric (IP Logged)
11 March, 2018 18:49
Agree. Prop or two needed, as they have been for a few years. I really like Lockwood and am very glad that Wilson S is back but Jon W and Bobby V have been asked to Dom too much this term.

GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
12 March, 2018 11:24
Quote:
lizard118
My worry is that we are at risk of becoming dads army in the wing positions IF we also sign Arscott.

Aside From Radwan, Kibirige, Stevenson, Penny, Cowell etc...?

mannin (IP Logged)
12 March, 2018 14:09
Obviously just a squad player but is it one we need? We've done this in the past with this type of player and they've never seen the pitch.

lizard118 (IP Logged)
12 March, 2018 15:41
Quote:
GeordieFalcon
Quote:
lizard118

Aside From Radwan, Kibirige, Stevenson, Penny, Cowell etc...?
But none of those you mention are getting any game time. And would imagine Arscott would get in ahead of these younger ones, further holding back their progress.
I too would rather we invested in some good experienced props. Exeter had a field day propping against us and we lost a lot of territory as a result.

12 March, 2018 16:08
Radwan and Kibrige have been given loads of gametime in the AW and Euro games. Penny also has since his return from long term injury.

First choice main stays like Robinson and Witty etc went through the same route.

They will get their chances next season.

I also wonder if we will ever see DTH?

Leipziger (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 07:31
As a squad player we could do worse than Arscott but we already have Tait, DTH and Agulla (assuming the latter two stay) as senior backup to Sinoti and Goneva. Kibirige I have doubts about - it's nearly six years since his first team debut and although he lost a year with injury, if he isn't ready for the Premiership now then you wonder if he ever will be.

13 March, 2018 08:43
You are absolutely correct about Kibirige, I have my thoughts about him as well.

However when I see him in the Euro's and AW he looks a player that can really make things happen.

Hopefully its just Dean doing what he does and managing the player in small detail and making sure he's right after his horror injuries.

pa8 (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 09:36
Not only his injuries but he had the court case to go through. That must have affected him.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 12:14
I seem to remember Deano saying at the last Fans Forum that Radwan & Zack were not far off the 1st team, just a matter of a bit more bulk & upping their skills to deal with the sort of impacts that Prem players have to be able to take. The skills are certainly there, they just have to be a bit more robust before being dropped into the lion pit.

DB23 (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 13:13
I think Radwan and Kibirige are both ready and able to perform in the Premiership.

Having seen them play in cup and A team games this season they will both test defences and are as good as a number of wingers playing in the Premiership.

Not so much are they ready but can they displace Sinoti or Goneva.

I hope they are both around next season.

Wensleydale Falcon (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 17:12
I am never one criticize any individual player, however myself along with some other falcons fans recently went to watch Radwan play for DMP against Coventry.
Lets just say that he was not at his best defensively.....and if i recall as Monkey has alluded to Deano did comment about him at the fans forum which was after the Wasps away game in the cup where Dean admitted he scored two class tries...but he also cost us two tries.
The young guys albeit are great talents but are all works in progress for me and will be integrated as and when the time is right.Lets just be patient and i am sure their time will come!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net