rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Friday 7 December v Edinburgh Rugby at Murrayfield, 7.45pm

Sunday 16 December v Edinburgh Rugby at Kingston Park, 3.00pm

Last result: Northampton Saints 14-16 Newcastle Falcons

Second half performances
DJMC (IP Logged)
11 March, 2018 14:41
I wonder why struggle to score points in the second half? Our luck ran out today in that we just couldn't score enough in the first half.

Re: Second half performances
Cumbrian_falcon (IP Logged)
11 March, 2018 14:46
Not sure what was said at half time, or why the mindset changed in the second half? Exeter turned it up and were ruthless at the scrum and breakdown. We just took the foot off the gas, the changes made no impact and why try the kick at the end?

Ultimately it’s a final gone and a possible trophy to keep the confidence and momentum going. We shouldn’t be loosing this game when 10 points up at half time. A week off for the lads now and a huge game at SJP to look forward too. The Double is still on.

Marco19819 (IP Logged)
11 March, 2018 14:51
Agree i would have gone in the corner at the end. We didn't really want extra time anyway, the way the game was going.

Think the conditions had a lot to do with it and away from home it is always tricky. If the pitch had stayed hard i think we may have won the game.

dksniper (IP Logged)
11 March, 2018 15:01
Yep. Strange decision to go for extra time. I would habe gone corner too. Que sera etc etc. Enjoyed 1st half though.

pityacker (IP Logged)
11 March, 2018 15:02
A poor second half performance bullied at scrum time and breakdown against a team that showed 14 changes from the side that beat Saracens , it shows how strong Exeter squad is .

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
11 March, 2018 16:28
Like I said the thing what worried me was our scrum when Jon Welsh is not in it, I really do feel that is an area we could improve on for next season. smiling smiley

Geronimo Jim (IP Logged)
11 March, 2018 16:40
Justt a thought. The pitch at Sandy Park is never soft, it's a hybrid pitch and always takes a stud without being mushy. I was on there at half time and it was as firm as it ever is. Not as bouncy as rubber crumb though!

Good luck for the rest of the season from an exiled Duehamite.

Running Rugby (IP Logged)
11 March, 2018 17:36
Exeter just had more intensity and composure, and that is what ultimately won them the game.

Just a quick side note......Rob Vickers has been an amazing servant to the club but he will not bring much point of difference than that of Sam Lockwood, so why not have Sami Mavinga on the bench? One has to wonder when he will get a chance.....

I also agree with FalconFan, that we are desperate for some top quality cover and maybe even starting props next season, as Jon Welsh is the only one, for me, that could be put in that bracket. The rest, are solid, but do not really inspire.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2018 17:38 by Running Rugby.

Wensleydale Falcon (IP Logged)
11 March, 2018 17:41
Although a disappointing result it may work in our favour as the lads will get some rest and recovery time before the "Big One"
A final would have been great but let's be mindful of where we are this season and the progress we have made.
Think we looked a bit heavy legged today.
Another day in the learning curve, but hopefully we can finish the season well.
Exeter have some pretty serious depth in their squad so fair play and good luck to them!!

Osric (IP Logged)
11 March, 2018 18:47
On balance they deserved it due to our second half performance. Echo thoughts above re kicking for a line out at the end but, hey ho, it'll give them a rest. Looking forward to SJP followed by a ho e semi against Brive. If only we'd have sorted out the tries we needed for a home semi today...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net