rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Season over.

Last result: Exeter Chiefs 36-5 Newcastle Falcons

Goto Page: 123456789Next
Current Page: 1 of 9
Rumoured Signings 2018-19
ColinCharvis8 (IP Logged)
12 March, 2018 11:08
It's that time of year again... and due to our outstanding form this season we will no doubt be featuring heavily in the gossip columns over the next few weeks & months.

I thought it might be handy having one centralised thread highlighting all the player's rumoured to be joining the club for next season in order to engage in healthy discussion.

The most recent players linked include; Tom Arscott, George McGuigan and Dom Barrow in an article from Ruck.co.uk today. 3 solid additions to an already strong side.

[www.ruck.co.uk]

Re: Rumoured Signings 2018-19
GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
12 March, 2018 11:36
George McGuigan? Ah mixed feelings on that rumour!

Dom Barrow...well he's a big physical unit. Would be a decent addition and EQ but we have a very good lock stable already.

I think the key area is the props.

Running Rugby (IP Logged)
12 March, 2018 11:51
Good idea to stick this thread up. As it is always interesting to see players that the Falcons are linked with.

George McGuigan has the potential to be a top player, and was starting to show it at the Falcons before he left for Leicester, where his development has been somewhat stunted by a lack of opportunities, but when called upon he has done a good job. Yes, there is and will always be, the he left by his choice, so why should we take him back, argument, but that could apply to a lot of players that have left and returned to the Falcons.

Dom Barrow is the same, and if the likes of Civetta and Cavubati decide it is time to move on then, Barrow would be a good addition to the squad.

Tom Arscott has a really good try scoring record in the premiership and despite his misdemeanour's at Sale, he still scored 25 tries in 66 games, scoring a total of 78 tries in 219 games in his career in England. He is still only 30, so has a bit of gas left in the tank.

Maybe not the blockbuster signings we all expected, but are all EQP and will not exactly be on large salaries, so the big money can be spent elsewhere, on the props and possibly an inside centre.

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
12 March, 2018 12:43
It's vital that we sign some more EQ players to supplement our foreign contingent.

I trust Deano and welcome any signing with open arms. Deano knows both Barrow/McGuigan and how to get the best out of them. They will also be in familiar surroundings and will settle back into things quickly.

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
12 March, 2018 12:58
Very good idea this, mixed feelings really for them players we have been linked with if I am been honest. Hope we sign a quality prop that's an area I would like to see us add in. smiling smiley

eebagum (IP Logged)
12 March, 2018 13:12
IF we are losing a hooker then George would be a good addition to the squad- but don't forget we have an England Age group hooker, Jamie Blamire, on our books who will want some A Team game time.
Dom Barrow again would be a good investment.We have an any two from 3 choice in the second row at the moment but lose one and we get stretched, and in all honesty we can't put Mark Wilson in the second row against the likes of Toulon. Sean Robinson and Dom Barrow can both play 6 if we need to bulk up our pack a bit.Yesterday I think highlighted Exeter's strength of squad after Falcons had a very demanding month , travelling away 4 times and playing big matches.
As Wensleydale said on another thread we did look a bit leg weary and for me too many 30plus year olds have played too much rugby recently.A break will do us good.
There are a number of positions which could do with strengthening without necessarily being first choice, and the next few weeks will be interesting reading.Interesting too will be the leavers.
In any event we can trust our Management Team to get it right.Next season will be our first season of expectations for a number of years.

Marco19819 (IP Logged)
12 March, 2018 17:52
On my prop wishlist...greg bateman. Love the way he plays and it is realistic.

Unsure to say the least about mcguigan, arscott or barrow.

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
12 March, 2018 19:06
I do love how Bateman plays for a prop, I would be surprised if Tigers let him go. smiling smiley

Marco19819 (IP Logged)
12 March, 2018 20:45
..and if we were going tp sign a hooker from tigers i would go for thacker...not mcguigan!

pityacker (IP Logged)
12 March, 2018 20:56
Thacker has signed for Bristol.

ColinCharvis8 (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 06:14
John Hardie, the Edinburgh flanker has confirmed he will be leaving the club. Ruck.co.uk seem to think heís heading South of Hadrianís Wall, with the Falcons, Worcester and Bristol the interested parties.

Questionable character in my opinion, unlike Arscott whom I can forgive for chatting with his brother... Hardieís suspension for cocaine is something I wouldnít be able to overlook, though I guess Deano had signed Higgins and Crockett many years ago whom both endured similar suspensions.

That said Hardie is a quality player and it was a shame to see him struggle with concussions when he was making great strides on the international front.

[www.ruck.co.uk]

Exiled Falcon (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 06:27
This is the first year for many a moon where we can head into a new season with a real sense of optimism that we can do something big, not just survive. Itís fair to say we have the best squad for a decade plus so hopefully Dean will home in on a smaller number of quality additions rather than his normal scatter gun policy which does dig up a few nuggets but a heck of a lot donít seem to feature. (Donít mean that as a criticism btw)

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 12:14
If Nili Latu retired I would definitely have a quality player like Hardie. smiling smiley

Falcons_Thunder (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 14:08
Hardie would be a great addition and I would welcome him with open arms.

pityacker (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 15:27
Hardie is definitely a quality player whose best position is open side and along with Graham and Will Welch would mean Deano would be spoilt for choice at 7.

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 17:15
Is it wrong to hope that we dont sign anyone, keep pretty much the squad we have and develop some talent through the academy to provide depth?Genuinely canít think of any players out there within our budget who would be better than what we have ;-)

pa8 (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 17:50
As others have said, we need props IMO. A couple of injuries mean weíre in the realms of going back at a rate of knots like Sunday, and that was against their 2nd/3rd choice props. There must be some affordable saffer props out there somewhere.

alas (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 18:02
This season the Falcons have been able to rest players in the cups and play a lot of EQ players in the Challenge cup. If they are in the Champions Cup they need more strength in some positions and more starters who are EQP.

13 March, 2018 20:05
Quote:
Rafpilot2000
Is it wrong to hope that we dont sign anyone, keep pretty much the squad we have and develop some talent through the academy to provide depth?Genuinely canít think of any players out there within our budget who would be better than what we have ;-)

For the most part I agree, many of the academy lads are now ready to step up from the fringes to cover injuries etc. I have no doubt Dean will use them.

However I love Deans obscure signings. Many don't quite come off and they are released, but quite a few turn out to be gems.

Players like: Gary Graham, Sinoti, Kyle Cooper, Calum Green (More a rejuvenation after injury), JP Socino etc etc.

Dean also loves a few real older experience top flight players...and has shown his ability to bring in players perhaps seen as "on the down ward slope" and give them an indian summer so to speak...Latu (maybe not quite past it), Lawson, MacLeod, hell, remarkably even Goneva was seen by many at the tigers etc as passing his best..
Aly Hogg still looks outstanding and Dean manages him so well. These experienced players have been vital in our rise...

I look forward to seeing which little unknown gems he brings in this time. But it wont be loads. Just strengthening the few positions we maybe need it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/03/2018 20:07 by GeordieFalcon.

14 March, 2018 07:16
Hogg's assist for Hammers try on Saturday was sublime. Great player.

aidanb (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 07:44
[quote GeordieFalcon][quote Rafpilot2000]

Aly Hogg still looks outstanding and Dean manages him so well. These experienced players have been vital in our rise...

...[/quote]

I think I must have a man crush on Hogg because as much as I love what Latu brings to the back row I prefer it when's Hogg is working his magic.

Hogg is a stretch limousine of an 8

dick g (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 08:57
Quote:
GeordieFalcon
Quote:
Rafpilot2000

For the most part I agree, many of the academy lads are now ready to step up from the fringes to cover injuries etc. I have no doubt Dean will use them.

However I love Deans obscure signings. Many don't quite come off and they are released, but quite a few turn out to be gems.

Players like: Gary Graham, Sinoti, Kyle Cooper, Calum Green (More a rejuvenation after injury), JP Socino etc etc.

Dean also loves a few real older experience top flight players...and has shown his

ability to bring in players perhaps seen as "on the down ward slope" and give them an indian summer so to speak...Latu (maybe not quite past it), Lawson, MacLeod, hell, remarkably even Goneva was seen by many at the tigers etc as passing his best..

I look forward to seeing which little unknown gems he brings in this time. But it wont be loads. Just strengthening the few positions we maybe need it.

Don't forget the skill of the returners like Toby Flood, Joel Hodgson and Michael Young.

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 09:41
I agree, for the youngsters itís great to see floods name on a Falcons jersey again.
Even tuilangi who sadly didnít really do anything during his time with us was a nice name to see in the black shirt.

Kwa444 (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 12:19
Mulipola is rumoured to be on his way from Tigers though he is more of a loosehead and I thinker are reasonable stocked there.

mannin (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 12:38
He'll get a big pay day in France. Always injured but covers both sides.

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 16:14
Can see Mulipola going to France Toulon and Clermont have been linked with him. smiling smiley

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 16:39
Kane Palma-Newport is leaving Bath at the end of the season I have noticed, would you take him?. smiling smiley

14 March, 2018 20:07
Absolutely...I forgot to mention the returners above. Even Keiron Brookes was rejuvenated then pi$$ed off again.

I think we can do better than Mulipola to be honest. Wouldn't be interested in him. Never really been impressed.

Plus I think previous signings may start to come good. For example Lockwood has finally got through some work this season and will probably be first choice next season. Trevor Davison has shown some good stuff this season and will be getting put through his paces in training as well.

I expect Davey Wilson to move on (or retire) but hopefully Scotty is over his injury nightmares and can finally push on.

Its still such a shame that we lost Taione Vea as he was a real quality prop. Him and Welsh would have had us in a good position for Tight Head.

Jack Payne has actually interested me in the few games ive seen him. Hes tall for a prop but he looks aggressive and strong. He's another that might be worth working on.

Mavinga....my jury is still out on that one.

I'm sure Dean has got a few little cheap unknown gems to unleash on us. Plus we're quite high profile at the moment, so lesser known rough diamonds will be willing to come to us rather than the usual Tigers or wasps etc.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 14/03/2018 20:09 by GeordieFalcon.

Exiled Falcon (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 20:16
I would have had Auterac but heís off to Quins, swimming against the tide Iíd have Brookes back as long as Dean read him the riot act that this is last chance saloon if he has aspirations to be the player he could be. Not going to happen however. Parma-Newport would be an interesting one indeed.

In some ways as the season ends our prop stock looks a bit healthier. Lockwood looks really good, Scotty has got a few games in and hopefully will have a good pre season and Davison is there for back up.

Kwa444 (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 22:10
Mulipola was always a poor Ayerza for me. That said I felt Ayerza was one of the best looseheads around so it's not faint praise.

Mind you I think we can spend the money better and need a tighthead not a loose in my mind.

lizard118 (IP Logged)
15 March, 2018 11:59
Quote:
Kwa444
Mulipola was always a poor Ayerza for me. That said I felt Ayerza was one of the best looseheads around so it's not faint praise.
Mind you I think we can spend the money better and need a tighthead not a loose in my mind.
Agree re-Loosehead, Sam Lockwood is now healthy and appears to be coming along nicely.
And to be fair to Mavinga, he hasn't looked bad when given game time.Unfortunately for him we haven't seen enough of what he can do as a result.

I think Brocklebank is also a loosehead but not sure if he will make the next level, although he looks in good nick for a front rower.

Tighthead is our main problem area with Welsh playing too much rugby. I don't foresee Dave Wilson coming back, and Scott Wilson appears to be struggling in the games I've watched.

15 March, 2018 20:29
Yeah Brocklebank is there aswell. He's worth preservering with

Some made a good shout on another thread..what about Paul Hill.

If as some expect we lose Davy Wilson, he would be a very interesting signing. I'm sure Ward and Deano could get him back on track

Ayerza wannabe (IP Logged)
15 March, 2018 21:10
Mulipola is more a TH than a LH.

falconsfan07 (IP Logged)
16 March, 2018 21:29
Quote:
GeordieFalcon

If as some expect we lose Davy Wilson, he would be a very interesting signing. I'm sure Ward and Deano could get him back on track

Brocklebank just signed a three year extension to. Hopefully will keep developing in the next years.

lizard118 (IP Logged)
16 March, 2018 21:56
Dean & Co must rate Brocklebank if he's signed for that length. I think these three to four year contracts are the way forward for smaller teams like us. Sale have also been tying their best players to 4 year contracts. Ross Harrison is one front rower they've done really well to retain, let alone tie down to a 4 year contract.
I just look forward to the commentators mentioning Brocklebank's name when he's a first team player.

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
17 March, 2018 14:24
Talking about South African props, Jersey have one what I like the look of Roy Godfrey he seems like a good try scoring prop. Would be a realistic target. smiling smiley

dick g (IP Logged)
17 March, 2018 14:26
Quote:
AFalcon24
Talking about South African props, Jersey have one what I like the look of Roy Godfrey he seems like a good try scoring prop. Would be a realistic target. smiling smiley

Great name too.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
17 March, 2018 20:06
Quote:
dick g
Great name too.

Perhaps, but I suspect he has some dodgy ancestors.

mannin (IP Logged)
18 March, 2018 20:21
Quote:
falconsfan07
Quote:
GeordieFalcon

Brocklebank just signed a three year extension to. Hopefully will keep developing in the next years.

when was the Brocklebank extension?

21 March, 2018 14:02
Jake Ilnicki rumoured to be signing for Carnegie next season according to TRP. Clearly not surprising as he was signed as prop cover.

falconsfan07 (IP Logged)
21 March, 2018 14:15
Quote:
mannin
Quote:
falconsfan07
Quote:
GeordieFalcon

when was the Brocklebank extension?

He signed the other week I believe. Hasnít been announced yet though I donít think

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
21 March, 2018 16:12
I see Craig Mitchell the former Wales international prop is on loan at Carnegie till the end of the season. Not surprised to hear Jake Ilnicki looking to leave at the end of the season. smiling smiley

Andy Mac (IP Logged)
21 March, 2018 20:46
Very quiet on the signings front and the Deano re-signing is pretty frustrating.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
21 March, 2018 20:54
Weíll start announcing some more renewals in the next few weeks. We tend to announce new signings later but Iíll chat to Dean and agree a timetable for going public on some of the guys who have signed. I have a list and have started drafting them.

21 March, 2018 21:01
I think we have a very strong squad...not sure we need a load of new arrivals. One or two key positons yes.
Why do the Dean stories keep coming up its very frustrating. The guy has rebuilt the whole playing side of the club (with some very good men around him) and its all starting to show the fruits (the academy aswell)...why on earth would he leave now.

Have faith guys.

Wensleydale Falcon (IP Logged)
22 March, 2018 11:48
Looks like Smithy has been working his magic and true to his word from yesterday.....the club has just announced that Santi Socino has signed for an additional 2 years.

Great news!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/03/2018 11:54 by Wensleydale Falcon.

22 March, 2018 12:00
Fantastic news guess we don't need George back from the tigers

22 March, 2018 12:04
I have to admit about being surprised by this news. I expected him to leave with his bro departing and he has had limited opportunities since his breakthrough at the start of the season.

Great news. He is a very good player and despite his age, he is still learning the game. Useful competition to Cooper. Didn't realise he has now become EQ which only increases his value to us.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/03/2018 12:06 by NorfolkFalcon.

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
22 March, 2018 12:22
Excellent news this, if I am honest I thought he was going. smiling smiley

dick g (IP Logged)
22 March, 2018 12:30
Quote:
GeordieFalcon
I think we have a very strong squad...not sure we need a load of new arrivals. One or two key positons yes.
Why do the Dean stories keep coming up its very frustrating. The guy has rebuilt the whole playing side of the club (with some very good men around him) and its all starting to show the fruits (the academy aswell)...why on earth would he leave now.

Have faith guys.

Not going. Jones has RFU backing, says Times. Breathe easy people.

22 March, 2018 12:51
Dom Barrow won't be joining us. Gone to France as a medical joker and will join Northampton in the summer.

alas (IP Logged)
22 March, 2018 13:00
Quote:
Falcons_Thunder
Lawson has to retire sometime, but the Falcons also have Blamire coming through.

toastie1 (IP Logged)
22 March, 2018 13:10
Ben Sowrey has never let us down.

22 March, 2018 13:52
Quote:
alas
Quote:
Falcons_Thunder
Lawson has to retire sometime, but the Falcons also have Blamire coming through.

I'm guess Cooper & Socino will be our first choice hookers

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
22 March, 2018 13:55
Excellent news, Santi is definitely one to keep.

CharlieDog (IP Logged)
22 March, 2018 15:28
Quote:
toastie1
Ben Sowrey has never let us down.

Also plays on the wing!!!

Wensleydale Falcon (IP Logged)
22 March, 2018 15:52
Sadly Ben has a long term injury though, although i do agree that he never lets us down and he has some serious pace for a hooker.

Andy Mac (IP Logged)
22 March, 2018 18:14
Smithy - out of curiosity, how does the club decide when to announce signings and re-signings? I understand drip feeding news out in line with commercial activities like ST sales - makes total sense - but are there any other factors?

markismith50 (IP Logged)
22 March, 2018 19:52
Andy Mac. Largely driven by Dean, with occasional input from commercial and media depts. He does take a bit of cajoling at times. In this case it was driven partly by Santi, who was sick of people assuming he was leaving.

People will agree or disagree on the policy at times, but Dean is in charge so donít imagine it will change anytime soon.

22 March, 2018 21:29
We have the young former England U20 hooker aswell still on our books. Is it Blamire? He might get a run in the cups next year as Dean likes to use them to blood players.

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
23 March, 2018 08:03
Cryptic clue in there regards Deans contract Smithy?
ĎDean is in charge so donít imagine it will change anytime sooní

Quote:
markismith50
Andy Mac. Largely driven by Dean, with occasional input from commercial and media depts. He does take a bit of cajoling at times. In this case it was driven partly by Santi, who was sick of people assuming he was leaving.
People will agree or disagree on the policy at times, but Dean is in charge so donít imagine it will change anytime soon.

trummy200 (IP Logged)
23 March, 2018 09:37
Well spotted Falc - I like it

23 March, 2018 11:20
Quote:
Falc Dancer
Cryptic clue in there regards Deans contract Smithy?
ĎDean is in charge so donít imagine it will change anytime sooní

Quote:
markismith50

Haha I was thinking the same

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
23 March, 2018 11:29
Aye, one careless slip & the cat is now out of the bag. I reckon that is good enough for the Rugby Paper to print a double pager confirming that Deano has definitely signed a contact extension, stating how long, and what he was wearing at the time.

It's all there in black & white, or at least it will be when they make it up & print it.

23 March, 2018 12:18
Deano putting flags onto seats at St James Park is the most conclusive evidence I have seen of his extended stay.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
23 March, 2018 13:54
He has nailed his colours to the mast (sorry, couldn't resist a flag pun)

23 March, 2018 13:58
Quote:
markismith50

Will we get an announcement in due course?

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
23 March, 2018 14:44
Quote:
markismith50

You should be made to suffer some sort of pennants (penance) for that.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
23 March, 2018 14:52
Don't read anything into it, there's no announcement imminent, but does anyone honestly think he's leaving?

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
23 March, 2018 15:15
I donít see why he would leave Smithy, all his hard work is paying off but until the ink is dry there will always be doubt

nursepete (IP Logged)
23 March, 2018 16:05
Seriously guys - talk about analysing the minutiae of what is written - Deanos commitment to the cause is evident in all of his demeanour, whether itís putting out flags to chatting at a testimonial evening - letís not push Smithy into a corner to write something he is clearly not going to just yet!!

dick g (IP Logged)
23 March, 2018 16:17
Quote:
markismith50
Don't read anything into it, there's no announcement imminent, but does anyone honestly think he's leaving?

Fear does not have to be based on facts or logic.

lizard118 (IP Logged)
23 March, 2018 19:13
Quote:
nursepete
Seriously guys - talk about analysing the minutiae of what is written - Deanos commitment to the cause is evident in all of his demeanour, whether itís putting out flags to chatting at a testimonial evening - letís not push Smithy into a corner to write something he is clearly not going to just yet!!
I second that nursepete.I'm surprised this has been discussed ad naseum when it's fairly evident, especially after Northampton recruited the New Zealander that Deano was staying.
He doesn't strike me as someone who is purely motivated by money. He has established some strong foundations and it's obvious he wants to take us to the next level.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
23 March, 2018 19:20
Deano signed a five year deal, we are coming to the end of the five year period, people are bound to discuss it. That is after all the point of the message boards, people discuss stuff. If they didn't there would be nothing to read.

My money is that the 5th anniversary will come and go with no announcement, everything will carry on as normal, and then there will be nothing to discuss. If that happens I will be a very happy bunny.

Andy Mac (IP Logged)
23 March, 2018 20:28
Quote:
markismith50

So Dean is staying?!! :-)

Andy Mac (IP Logged)
23 March, 2018 20:30
AH, I was a bit late there...

Yes, why wouldnít we discuss it?!

Smithy - no, but until itís confirmed Iíll accept the fact that he could be leaving.

aidanb (IP Logged)
23 March, 2018 21:07
3 year deal then a move to the board

Heard it today

23 March, 2018 22:18
The one thing I would like to ask...again Mark you probably cant answer which i totally understand.

But ill ask it anyway.

Whats John Wells contract situation? I think we've all heard different mutterings around him...im just curious.

dick g (IP Logged)
23 March, 2018 22:29
Quote:
aidanb
3 year deal then a move to the board
Heard it today

If you are right, I will buy you two pints at the Duke of Wellington tomorrow. If not, you will die.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
23 March, 2018 22:55
GF, youíre right in assuming that I wonít discuss coachesí contracts.

23 March, 2018 23:02
winking smiley
Theres one story I heard about him which I'm curious to see if its true or not. I shall wait with interest until the end of the season.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/03/2018 23:03 by GeordieFalcon.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 07:32
Quote:
dick g
If you are right, I will buy you two pints at the Duke of Wellington tomorrow. If not, you will die.
(Sm22)

pityacker (IP Logged)
26 March, 2018 13:04
The strong rumour we were signing the big powerful centre Andy Symons from Gloucester has apparently been disrupted by a late offer from Saints who have announced he has signed for them.

26 March, 2018 13:12
And he has signed for saints now. Not much of a loss in my opinion JP is a way better player but he's going to Edinburgh. I don't think deano will no be happy, saint scuppered his signing

markismith50 (IP Logged)
26 March, 2018 13:46
The "strong rumour" being one article with no attributed source in a column with a poor recent strike rate on Falcons transfer stories.

aidanb (IP Logged)
26 March, 2018 13:50
Quote:
markismith50
The "strong rumour" being one article with no attributed source in a column with a poor recent strike rate on Falcons transfer stories.

I can't help myself but I am going to resist this time and say nowt

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
26 March, 2018 16:08
Surprised about this one I thought he was all set for us, can't say I am that bothered to be honest. smiling smiley

alas (IP Logged)
26 March, 2018 19:52
Yet another bum steer from Fissler. He's just used by agents to market their clients.

Pool_falcon (IP Logged)
27 March, 2018 11:53
Johnny Williams rumoured to be on his way from Irish.

27 March, 2018 12:03
Quote:
Pool_falcon

On his way where? Last I heard he was on Bath's radar.

nursepete (IP Logged)
27 March, 2018 12:16
Quote:
Pool_falcon

On his way to Fisslers house to find out where hes going next!!

Xanderman (IP Logged)
27 March, 2018 12:50
Jonny Williams would be a very handy player to have, more so than Symons. Very young but been playing regular premiership rugby for 4 years now. Strong and quick like Harris, he's exactly the kind of player we'd want to continue our progression.

Would be a very shrewd signing if it comes off but has a 60% chance of being a load of the brown smelly stuff as it's from Fissler.

Pool_falcon (IP Logged)
27 March, 2018 13:14
Quote:
Running Rugby
Quote:
Pool_falcon

On his way where? Last I heard he was on Bath's radar.

From an Irish fan in the know......

Leipziger (IP Logged)
27 March, 2018 13:41
Quote:
nursepete
Quote:
Pool_falcon

smiling bouncing smiley

Williams wouldn't be a bad signing, more of the power player like Matavesi if I'm not wrong, so complementing Harris and Mermoz being more tricky and nimble outside.

27 March, 2018 14:13
Yep I am certainly more excited about the prospect of signing Williams rather than Symons. He would be a very shrewd signing if it happens.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
27 March, 2018 14:24
Xander, itís not from Fissler.

27 March, 2018 14:27
Also the LI forum said that Williams followed the Falcons account on Twitter. He isn't anymore. Coincidence?

CharlieDog (IP Logged)
27 March, 2018 14:28
Quote:
markismith50

So in other words it's probably true..........

Pool_falcon (IP Logged)
27 March, 2018 14:43
Quote:
CharlieDog
Quote:
markismith50

So in other words it's probably true..........

We know of Mark's love for Fissler so I think we can all take from that what we need.

What's your thoughts on Williams Mark?

I think he has bags of potential but has slipped off slightly. He could be an excellent signing for us and perhaps why we've allowed Socino to leave.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
27 March, 2018 15:18
Quote:
nursepete
Quote:
Pool_falcon

(Sm22)

Goto Page: 123456789Next
Current Page: 1 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net