rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Friday 21 September v Exeter Chiefs at Kingston Park, 7.45pm

Friday 28 September v Wasps at Kingston Park, 7.45pm

Last result: Worcester Warriors 20-23 Newcastle Falcons

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 10 of 11

Re: Rumoured Signings 2018-19
Pool_falcon (IP Logged)
05 July, 2018 07:30
Haha...thanks Mark.

Falcons_Thunder (IP Logged)
05 July, 2018 09:56
I think most of us realise that last few seasons Achilles' heel was at scrum time. If we had a Carl Hayman type of scrummager we could challenge any team in the premiership. The reason is that it would give us a rock solid platform for the backs to go forward and we could milk penalty after penalty against the weaker scrummaging sides. A solid TH and LH are worth just as much as a quality 10 in my book!!

Pool_falcon (IP Logged)
05 July, 2018 10:29
Without doubt, but I'm not sure somebody of Hayman's quality is around these days. Good TH's go for a big wedge, I can understand it's not easy to attract these players. Logo is a fine signing, I'm not sure we somebody quite at him level. Just a competent AP scrummager to be able to bring on if things are going against us.

GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
05 July, 2018 15:57
You see, I maybe in the minority but im actually quite hopeful of the front rowers coming through.

Welsh, Lockwood, Mulipola e what we have.

Davison was in his first season at this level playing TH (due to injuries) when in reality he is a LH. He'll be much stronger for that season and I expect him to be a rock solid prop.

Scotty has finally got a decent run without injury and hopefully gets in a top pre season, and will be a huge asset.

Like wise Davy Wilson who'll be like a new signing. Lets hope to god he is finally over his injuries...

Brocklebank is a young lad in the same boat as Davison last year. He'll be in his first real season playing as a first team squad member (not academy) and will most likely get some exposure in various games.

Mavinga was the one disappointment for me last season. I expected a big hulking French prop but he looks quite lightweight and lacking raw power in the scrum. Jury is out.

mannin (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 08:48
Quote:
GeordieFalcon
You see, I maybe in the minority but im actually quite hopeful of the front rowers coming through.

Davison was in his first season at this level playing TH (due to injuries) when in reality he is a LH. He'll be much stronger for that season and I expect him to be a rock solid prop.

Scotty has finally got a decent run without injury and hopefully gets in a top pre season, and will be a huge asset.

Like wise Davy Wilson who'll be like a new signing. Lets hope to god he is finally over his injuries...

Brocklebank is a young lad in the same boat as Davison last year. He'll be in his first real season playing as a first team squad member (not academy) and will most likely get some exposure in various games.

Mavinga was the one disappointment for me last season. I expected a big hulking French prop but he looks quite lightweight and lacking raw power in the scrum. Jury is out.

Agree with all that. Whilst it would be lovely to have 6 front line, experienced props, it just wouldn't happen. We have a few big names and some lads backing them up. If we could be sure of the Wilson's fitness, I don't think anyone would be as worried but that doesn't mean you can keep signing players just in case.

Falcons_Thunder (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 09:38
Quote:
mannin
Quote:
GeordieFalcon

Agree with all that. Whilst it would be lovely to have 6 front line, experienced props, it just wouldn't happen. We have a few big names and some lads backing them up. If we could be sure of the Wilson's fitness, I don't think anyone would be as worried but that doesn't mean you can keep signing players just in case.

We already had 3 hookers when we signed Kyle Cooper and look how that's turned out. It's quality not quantity

mannin (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 10:08
Don't know how that's relevant really. I would've thought Logo, Welsh and D Wilson take up a fair chunk of wage, as will Cooper and McGuigan if we're thinking of the wider front row. The squad has to be balanced with areas of spend and we aren't going to blow it all on one area.

We have 9 first team props... regardless of what we think about them, that's a big number to carry.

CharlieDog (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 11:41
Kyle Cooper increased our hookers to 4...... on the basis we have 9 props and a few can cover both sides we have 5-6 in each position...... so that analogy doesn't work?

I agree its quality that counts - we have a few real quality and a few work in progress but, in my opinion, none of the lads have ever let us down. Yes, we might all like 6 Carl Hayman's but it just isn't going to happen for several reasons.

Pool_falcon (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 11:43
Quote:
mannin
Don't know how that's relevant really. I would've thought Logo, Welsh and D Wilson take up a fair chunk of wage, as will Cooper and McGuigan if we're thinking of the wider front row. The squad has to be balanced with areas of spend and we aren't going to blow it all on one area.
We have 9 first team props... regardless of what we think about them, that's a big number to carry.

9 props but only 3 of AP quality. You look at Exeter and they have 6 quality props for example.

To be competitive in this area, I would say you need 4 at least, with a few more as back up but not at the same quality.

I agree to a point a point on Dave Wilson. It's been 4 years or so since he's showed any form in the set piece, but IF he can get back (which you have to question really), I think we'll be ok.

Scott Wilson never really fulfilled his potential and looks to be really struggling after some nasty injuries. I'd think he be better off in the lower leagues where he can get some minutes in and try an recapture some form.

mannin (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 12:08
Don't think it's fair to say we only have 3 of AP quality but suppose we'll see this time next year.

Pool_falcon (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 12:20
Quote:
mannin
Don't think it's fair to say we only have 3 of AP quality but suppose we'll see this time next year.

On last season we have 3 AP level props on the books. The 2 Wilson's were a long way short and got hammered in the set piece. Davision was slightly better but still struggled.

I don't think it's crazy to suggest this Mannin, it's our weakest area. None of our props (bar the 3) would get any game time elsewhere in the Prem.

aidanb (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 13:35
Anyway - back to the Rumoured signings thread rather than the same old same old regarding props and scrummaging.

Pool_falcon (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 13:42
Any rumours Aidan?

aidanb (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 13:46
There's a rumour your'e going to focus on lineout next year

but

i'm sure it's just a rumour

(Sm162)(Sm162)(Sm162)(Sm162)

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 13:53
Quote:
aidanb
There's a rumour your'e going to focus on lineout next year.....

(Sm22)

Pool_falcon (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 14:08
Attack the post not the poster pal....winking smiley

Turner966 (IP Logged)
18 July, 2018 13:49
Any news/rumours or is that us all done in the market?

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
18 July, 2018 19:46
As Smithy has updated the squad on the offy to include the new signings, I was under the impression that what we have is our lot

markismith50 (IP Logged)
18 July, 2018 20:21
The web updates were just because new contracts start on July 1. You shouldnít infer anything recruitment-wise by the timing of the updates. I can easily add in new signings if required.

pityacker (IP Logged)
18 July, 2018 20:30
It will be disappointing for a lot of fans if we dont get 2 or 3 more as we are pretty light in a few positions but perhaps Richards believes some youngsters can make the step up which could work out or perhaps not , a big risk especially with champions cup rugby coming after so long.

Falconsfan93 (IP Logged)
18 July, 2018 22:10
Me personally Iíd be extremely disappointed if that was recruitment done with for the year, like Iíve said a few times real chance to kick on, donít get me wrong always love to see local lads coming through but weíve lost a massive amount of experience within the squad.

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
19 July, 2018 07:30
We didn't need many new signings with how we did last season, but I still would like to see some more experience especially in a couple of positions in my opinion. smiling smiley

AJfalc (IP Logged)
19 July, 2018 10:32
I don't think any of the academy guys mentioned got any game time in the league last season, so I think it unreasonable to assume they will be superstars this season.

steve1888 (IP Logged)
19 July, 2018 13:22
Super Rugby Season hasnt finished yet - Folau at FB !

Seriously though I dont understand the panic, there's npt a transfer deadline like the footie and maybe better see how it goes? Mermoz and DTHVDM had us all excited last year and how did that work out?

Turner966 (IP Logged)
19 July, 2018 19:28
I've just been reading the players profiles on the website. Was Goneva listed as a wing/centre last year?

Getitright (IP Logged)
20 July, 2018 06:28
Looking at recent posts suggests people are forgetting that we do have a finite budget regardless of our club benefactor.
Comparisons to Exeter and the other top clubs in expenditure terms is fruitless as that just wonít happen.
Hence the need for a balanced view on prospective signings.

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
20 July, 2018 07:35
Yes our budget isnít as big as the likes of Exeter but considering we have lost Hogg, Latu, JPS, Mermoz and VDM I would expect these to have all been on more money that their replacements. Therefore I would expect wiggle room

mannin (IP Logged)
20 July, 2018 10:39
Quote:
Turner966
I've just been reading the players profiles on the website. Was Goneva listed as a wing/centre last year?

Think so, yes. Maybe a plan to push him inside more this season though.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
20 July, 2018 10:55
I've not changed anything on Goneva's profile in terms of position, so whatever position it says is the same as it said last season. Same for the all the lads.

You shouldn't read too much into web profiles, it's really just some basic biographical detail rather than an insight into the coaches' thinking. Don't take them too literally would be my best advice.

20 July, 2018 20:23
I genuinely don't get the negativity around the lack of signings - though we have signed a few cracking players.

We have slowly built up a strong squad over the last few seasons. We have lost a few older guys, who are being replaced by young up and coming lads. Dont forget Mark WIlson, Will Welch, Calum Green, Cooper, Tait, etc are now experienced top level players. We've added to that with Mulipola coming in. By all accounts Davy Wilson is firing on all cylinders and adds a huge amount of experience like a new signing almost.

Experience doesnt always mean wins though. A classy young kid with huge enthusiasm can also be a huge addition to a squad / team.

Dean has an exceptional record of bringing kids through at Leicester and Quins. All our accedmy lads have had exposure in various competitions over the last few seasons and train with the first team squad, so the coaches will know exactly whos ready...and obviously Dean and his team are satisfied many of them are now ready meaning we dont need to bring in lots of players.

Having said that, I dont actually believe the recruitment is over. We may still get one or two of Deans little gems.

Fly half, prop and Full back seem to be the talk of the moment...

Andy Mac (IP Logged)
21 July, 2018 15:09
Iím not sure Callum green, mark Wilson etc are as experienced as the ones weíve lost.

I understand the whole theory around bringing through youth, but I fear weíve lost too many players that have earned their stripes and will have too many players without the knowledge that experience brings.

Fair to say Deano knows what heís doing, so itís just the idle thoughts of a bored supporter during the off season... not for one second do I think I know more than the big man!

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
30 July, 2018 18:42
Portuguese outside centre Pedro Bettencourt linked

Turner966 (IP Logged)
30 July, 2018 18:57
Bettencourt is a 6'2" 15.5st outside centre who played on the sevens series for a few years and should have some gas and footwork to create some holes.

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
30 July, 2018 18:59
Solid signing if it happens a big centre by the sounds of it at 6'2 and 100 kg. smiling smiley

pityacker (IP Logged)
30 July, 2018 19:10
We are very limited at 13 and if true it looks another of Deanos cheap punts to try and find a pretty unknown gem .

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
30 July, 2018 19:29
Former Clermont academy and been playing for Carcassonne by the looks of it
Never see the lad play before but we do need cover at 13

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
30 July, 2018 19:39
Heís got a YouTube video (what rugby player doesnít nowadays) showing his best bits. Good range of clips showing defensive work, line breaks, offloads and kicking out of hand. Looks decent and would add an option at centre that we need.

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
30 July, 2018 20:12
Just watched it and after viewing it the lad should be playing for a top French side, he looks fantastic on YouTube
If he does sign I wonít pre judge him but itís just a rumour at this point

markismith50 (IP Logged)
30 July, 2018 20:18
We hope to have some signing news for you soon, just waiting on a registration release from the playerís current union, the request for which was sent today, but the contract is all done and the player is in Newcastle.

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
30 July, 2018 20:19
Cheers for the update Smithy

pa8 (IP Logged)
30 July, 2018 22:04
Overheard a conversation today where it was said that one of our senior players has been advised to retire due to a serious neck problem. Hope itís a load of rubbish.

Suofficer (IP Logged)
31 July, 2018 07:56
Quote:
Falc Dancer
Portuguese outside centre Pedro Bettencourt linked

Well I've seen on social media that he's in Newcastle for a few days. You simply have one of the best young prospects in Tier 2 rugby signing for you.

He has been capped for the senior national side , if I remember correctly he either scored 2 or 3 tries against Namibia when they toured in Lisbon and Portugal beat them in 2014 (he was very young at the time).

He was part of a very successful 7s side and has European cup experience having played for Lusitanos XV ( a side made up of domestic Portuguese players) against Stade Francais and I think London Irish.

He got some minimal game time with Clermont 1st XV when very young and made a pretty good name for himself at Carcossone. He's bigger than most Portuguese forwards and has some serious gas.

You might have more success finding info on him under Pedro Avila or Pedro Avila Bettencourt.

nursepete (IP Logged)
31 July, 2018 08:11
Quote:
markismith50
We hope to have some signing news for you soon, just waiting on a registration release from the playerís current union, the request for which was sent today, but the contract is all done and the player is in Newcastle.

Any chance this is Josh Basham being announced?
hehehehehe

31 July, 2018 10:58
Well that Portuguese fella certainly sounds interesting.

31 July, 2018 11:02
Quote:
pa8
Overheard a conversation today where it was said that one of our senior players has been advised to retire due to a serious neck problem. Hope itís a load of rubbish.

I too hope that's a load of rubbish.

Marco19819 (IP Logged)
01 August, 2018 14:02
Yeah i like the sound of the portugese kid. Must be basham i would have thouvht. We seem VERY heavy on back row players if it is!

Leipziger (IP Logged)
01 August, 2018 16:19
Quote:
pa8

Interesting, hopefully nothing to it but if it is true, there's an obvious candidate :-(

Falconski (IP Logged)
01 August, 2018 20:04
Quote:
Leipziger
Quote:
pa8

Interesting, hopefully nothing to it but if it is true, there's an obvious candidate :-(

Well regarding that there is two potential candidates both Davey Wilson and Scotty Wilson had neck injuries as a result of scrum incident where they both hurt there necks.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
01 August, 2018 20:38
What an awful thing to speculate about on a forum.

Kwa444 (IP Logged)
01 August, 2018 20:56
I don't know, Smithy. I think you could say the first post was salacious gossip.

However, I think the response actually shows a significant amount of concern relating to players who are highly regarded when at full fitness, arguably showing the subsequent commentators in a favourable light.

Marco19819 (IP Logged)
02 August, 2018 13:09
This is the rumoured signings thread. I overhear people saying stupid stuff all the time! Saw scott wilson yesterday and he looked very happy and healthy!

markismith50 (IP Logged)
02 August, 2018 13:37
Maybe I'm just out of touch with current sociological trends, but I can think of few things worse for a professional athlete than having their name appear in a comment about career-ending injuries, and their friends and family reading about it.

I'd just urge anyone to pause for few seconds and think hard before typing anything on a public forum linking any player with something like that.

And in the instance that there was indeed some substance to it, an announcement would be made at the appropriate time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2018 13:39 by markismith50.

mannin (IP Logged)
02 August, 2018 14:29
Quote:
Marco19819
Yeah i like the sound of the portugese kid. Must be basham i would have thouvht. We seem VERY heavy on back row players if it is!

Don't think he'd need a Union release.

Marco19819 (IP Logged)
02 August, 2018 14:34
Quote:
markismith50
Maybe I'm just out of touch with current sociological trends, but I can think of few things worse for a professional athlete than having their name appear in a comment about career-ending injuries, and their friends and family reading about it.
I'd just urge anyone to pause for few seconds and think hard before typing anything on a public forum linking any player with something like that.

And in the instance that there was indeed some substance to it, an announcement would be made at the appropriate time.

Absolutely agree.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
02 August, 2018 14:51
"Don't think he'd need a Union release."

Any player joining from another country needs their registration to be released by the rugby union of the country in which they were last registered, so that they can be registered by us with the RFU.

For example in the case of Connor Collett we had to get his registration released by the New Zealand Rugby Union, where he was last playing with North Harbour.

It's nothing to do with them playing international rugby or signing their contract, it's purely a registration issue.

Some unions move quicker than others in sending these releases, as we are finding out!

Suofficer (IP Logged)
02 August, 2018 15:13
considering that the entire Portuguese leadership just resigned and there is a temp leadership until Feb and its August in portugal....you might get him in time for next years 7s winking smiley

markismith50 (IP Logged)
02 August, 2018 15:19
It's not the Portugese union we're waiting on.

pa8 (IP Logged)
02 August, 2018 15:40
Quote:
markismith50

To be honest, the name was given but, as it was totally unsubstantiated, I didnít think it fair to mention it. It was an overheard rumour, which, while not relating to a signing, would, if true, have a bearing on the squad.

aidanb (IP Logged)
02 August, 2018 16:05
Quote:
pa8
Quote:
markismith50

To be honest, the name was given but, as it was totally unsubstantiated, I didnít think it fair to mention it. It was an overheard rumour, which, while not relating to a signing, would, if true, have a bearing on the squad.

I'm not sure where I fully sit on this - not usually the fence - but imagine being a mate of a player named in a rumour and then that player getting texts about it from friends.

I tend to think the unnamed rumour was fine but the two players named are just named as speculation; and considering one of them has been described as arriving at pre season like a spring chicken then it seems odd.

02 August, 2018 16:09
Is that a hint that it is the Portuguese lad we're signing Mark? winking smiley

markismith50 (IP Logged)
02 August, 2018 16:13
"Is that a hint that it is the Portuguese lad we're signing Mark?"

It's someone who didn't play club rugby in either England or Portugal last season, if that narrows it down for you!

02 August, 2018 16:20
ha ha ha...good answer!

He's been in France hasn't he...winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2018 16:25 by GeordieFalcon.

Andy Mac (IP Logged)
02 August, 2018 16:50
Interesting debate. I could see no harm if you were discussing a rumour of an injury with a mate in the pub, but if the players friends or family were in the pub youíd probably refrain. Maybe conversations like that are more appropriate in a non public forum.

aidanb (IP Logged)
02 August, 2018 20:55
Quote:
Andy Mac
Interesting debate. I could see no harm if you were discussing a rumour of an injury with a mate in the pub, but if the players friends or family were in the pub youíd probably refrain. Maybe conversations like that are more appropriate in a non public forum.

I think the pub analogy is great.
Fave to face conversations do tend to be a lot more subtle and less direct.

mannin (IP Logged)
02 August, 2018 22:38
Quote:
markismith50
"Don't think he'd need a Union release."
Any player joining from another country needs their registration to be released by the rugby union of the country in which they were last registered, so that they can be registered by us with the RFU.

For example in the case of Connor Collett we had to get his registration released by the New Zealand Rugby Union, where he was last playing with North Harbour.

It's nothing to do with them playing international rugby or signing their contract, it's purely a registration issue.

Some unions move quicker than others in sending these releases, as we are finding out!

Seeing as I was responding to the post saying it must be Basham, you're just agreeing with me.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
03 August, 2018 08:08
Apologies Mannin, crossed wires on my part. Itís not Basham.

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
05 August, 2018 07:01
Scratch that,
Smithy, your approach to fans questions including player transfers has been praised as a breath of fresh air by the guys at RugbyInsideLine on Twitter
Of course we already know and appreciate this

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2018 07:14 by Falc Dancer.

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
05 August, 2018 07:13
Scratch that,
Smithy, your approach to fans questions including player transfers has been praised as a breath of fresh air by the guys at RugbyInsideLine on Twitter
Of course we already know and appreciate this

pityacker (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 11:50
It seems the Rugby Union release of our new signing (rumoured to be Pedro Bettencourt)enabling the club to announce the signing is taking a while , I was hoping we could get a glimpse of him on Saturday.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 11:58
Yup, still waiting on the release from the union.

I'm told our last release request from the same union took around 3 weeks to arrive.

We're in the slightly unusual position this week whereby the player could still play on Saturday (he has been training with us for two weeks already), so our hand could be forced in terms of announcing it if he is selected to play.

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 12:14
Will the team news be announced on Fri Smithy as usual?

markismith50 (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 12:19
There's no regulation saying for friendly games saying that we HAVE to announce on Friday, but if selection is sorted by then I'll do my best to publish a team list.

From experience pre-season selections can be, shall we say, flexible documents. Esepcially the first hit-out, when larger numbers of players tend to be used.

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 12:26
Cheers Smithy

Leipziger (IP Logged)
08 August, 2018 06:42
Quote:
markismith50
Yup, still waiting on the release from the union.
I'm told our last release request from the same union took around 3 weeks to arrive.

We're in the slightly unusual position this week whereby the player could still play on Saturday (he has been training with us for two weeks already), so our hand could be forced in terms of announcing it if he is selected to play.

Smithy, is he allowed to play Saturday because it's a friendly, while presumably he'd need the release through before playing a competitive game?

markismith50 (IP Logged)
08 August, 2018 07:14
I think so Leipy, although Iíll bow to others with more knowledge of the regs. I do know he can definitely play, if selected.

Thereís no suggestion of any problem with his release. Itís just that this union is, how shall we say, laissez faire, when it comes to responding in a timely fashion.

Yorksfalcon (IP Logged)
08 August, 2018 09:45
French then....

08 August, 2018 10:16
Quote:
Yorksfalcon
French then....

Or playing in France, which the trialist we have had for a few weeks has been... winking smiley

pityacker (IP Logged)
08 August, 2018 10:27
Quote:
GeordieFalcon
Quote:
Yorksfalcon
French then....

Or playing in France, which the trialist we have had for a few weeks has been... winking smiley

I didn't read that the new rumoured player at KP was on trial in fact Smithy said his contract was all done and he was at KP just waiting his release from the union that he had been playing in.

08 August, 2018 10:31
Ahh now that interesting Pit...so we both read a post in different ways...on a forum...I cant believe that grinning smiley

Seriously though....so you don't think its the trialist..you think its another name we haven't had pinged about yet?

markismith50 (IP Logged)
08 August, 2018 11:09
The player I'm on about has signed a full-time contract, we're just waiting on the release from the union. It's a formality and should hopefully be done before too long.

CharlieDog (IP Logged)
08 August, 2018 11:09
Quote:
GeordieFalcon
Ahh now that interesting Pit...so we both read a post in different ways...on a forum...I cant believe that grinning smiley
Seriously though....so you don't think its the trialist..you think its another name we haven't had pinged about yet?

Smithy said about a week ago that the contract was done and dusted and just waiting for the release but that the player was already in Newcastle.

You are talking about the same player I believe - Portuguese lad who played in France..... there's been enough unsubtle hints to suggest that is the case

08 August, 2018 11:13
Ah I see ... thanks smiling smiley

Probably is the same player we're talking about.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2018 11:15 by GeordieFalcon.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
08 August, 2018 14:46
I've had a word with Dean and we're planning to announce it tomorrow, bearing in mind the lad is almost certain to be involved for us at the weekend.

Suofficer (IP Logged)
08 August, 2018 14:59
Bloody french

You might get some media interest from Lisbon. First senior Portuguese player for a premiership side. Sale had Diogo Ferreira but he was on an academy contract

markismith50 (IP Logged)
08 August, 2018 15:02
Diogo was with us for a bit last season, too.

Pool_falcon (IP Logged)
09 August, 2018 13:08
Looks like he's a strong defender and handy in attack, hopefully he can make the step up.

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
19 August, 2018 08:20
Small one in TRP. Fiss reporting Glen Young to join Glasgow on loan.

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
19 August, 2018 09:52
Quote:
NorfolkFalcon
Small one in TRP. Fiss reporting Glen Young to join Glasgow on loan.

If true this would be a good opportunity for Glen

pityacker (IP Logged)
19 August, 2018 10:18
With having released Evan Olmstead and Sean Robinson's injury troubles it seems strange that Falcons would let Glen go albeit on loan especially as he has been involved in both the 10 a side and 7 a side competitions pre season and showed good form.

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
19 August, 2018 10:46
I thought we would see more of Glen Young this coming season. smiling smiley

19 August, 2018 12:14
Davidson seems to have stepped up over the last season. Looking forward to seeing him develop.
Young will be wanting game time and will get plenty in the pro14 as glasgow rotate a lot of players.A good move for him and the falcons in the long term

steve1888 (IP Logged)
19 August, 2018 12:27
If imagine a loan player could be recalled anytime and be match ready?

20 August, 2018 10:00
Puzzles me that one. He's been part of the squad and looks good.

Unless its a short term thing.

It leaves us with:
Green
Witty
Robinson
Davidson
Cavubati

20 August, 2018 11:27
Apparently Glasgow are struggling for locks, and we do have a good rapport with the SRU and Scottish clubs.

Probably a short term loan.

aidanb (IP Logged)
23 August, 2018 12:53
Club have posted that it's a 2 month deal

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
23 August, 2018 13:23
Quote:
aidanb

For Davidson though not Young

aidanb (IP Logged)
23 August, 2018 15:01
Glen Young isn't going

It's Davidson who is having a trip north of the wall to the Wildlings

aidanb (IP Logged)
23 August, 2018 15:02
Quote:
Falc Dancer
Quote:
aidanb

For Davidson though not Young

Thanks for spotting that confusion

lizard118 (IP Logged)
23 August, 2018 16:38
It looks like Glen Young will be featuring in the squad this season, having spent most of the last one on loan. He seems to have bulked up and looks ready imo. Hard to imagine looking at how spindly he looked when he joined the academy.
I can see Davidson pushing for inclusion if he gets a few games under his belt. We seem to have a bit of a conveyor belt in the engine room. This can only be a good thing for Davidson's development.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
23 August, 2018 16:43
Fissler strikes again.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 10 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net